1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Auto Tasks Not Cancelling Over a certain Customer Number

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by samnaugler, Aug 29, 2006.

Our auto-tasks "session" appears not to be cancelling users (by the current date set for "Termination Date") if the Customer number is higher than a certain number (or, I suppose, if the customer is newer than a certain date) (at least that is the only consistent variable I can discern so far).

Since the customer number is incremental I checked this today by signing up with a test account, then going in and setting the Termination Date for today, and then waiting for the Auto Tasks cancel loop to begin (it is set to run every 60 minutes)....the next cycle ran, it cancelled an account which was older (had a lower customer number) which was also set with today's date, but did nothing with my test account (I do not see the results of the cancel script having run, nor is the account itself changed to Cancelled).

Effectively *I think* that no one who has signed up since August 2 / got a consecutively higher than that one that account got, has been successfully auto-cancelled with the Termination Date.

What can that be?

Sam - FSI

samnaugler, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  2. samnaugler

samnaugler Peon

Best Answers:
    After testing this every way I can think of (including an isolated copy of Optigold with all fp5s recovered) I am still getting the same behavior, with the single additional observation that it does not appear to be not cancelling accounts over a certain number, but rather appears to be delaying those by a couple of weeks.

So, though accounts under a certain customer number terminate on their termination date, accounts over that number seemed not to cancel at all...but look now in fact to be cancelling on their termination date plus a couple of weeks (which may or may not be a regular delay). Of the accounts set to terminate on 8/17 and over the break number (under work fine), the ones not cancelled by the billing staff by hand, were all cancelled on the morning of 9/4 (with the exception of the lowest number of those which was cancelled on 9/1) by Automated Tasks.

Additionally one account with a termination date of 8/18 was cancelled by Automated Tasks on 9/4, but others with the same termination date and a higher customer number, still await cancellation. In my test environment, setting the date on my auto-tasks session box for tomorrow (9/6) cancels that next one (but no others, except those below the number and set to cancel on 9/6), setting my Windows time for 9/7 cancels the next uncancelled over-break-number 8/18 termination account (maybe at the rate of one such per day?)

Sam - FSI

samnaugler, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  3. samnaugler

samnaugler Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually just giving this another quick scan I notice that the over-broken customer number (and that number is a moving target so I am not sure what that real number is start-time-of-problem-wise yet) are cancelling late based on their customer number not their date. (So if I search for those accounts containing "Canceled On 9/5/2006 By Automated" in their Notes field, it appears that one of those was originally scheduled to cancel on 9/1 and another on 8/18, but the 9/1 was a slightly newer account with a lower customer number than the 8/18.

The one that my test environment cancels when told that today is tomorrow, has a higher customer number than the "termination date 9/1" account which cancelled today, though it has a cancellation date of 8/18....so it appears to want to move through the over-number ones on its own time, consecutively by customer number, rather than by date-plus-delay.

Sam - FSI

samnaugler, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  4. samnaugler

samnaugler Peon

Best Answers:
    Using my isolated copy of Optigold I upgraded to 3.3.8 (we are on 3.3.6 now) and it does not appear to help with the problem.

The account that cancelled when forwarding the date a day in the isolated copy, cancelled overnight last night when the date changed on my real copy.

Sam - FSI

samnaugler, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Are the customers missing from the "Cancel Customers" list on the main menu as well, or is it isolated to automated tasks only?

digitalpoint, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  6. samnaugler

samnaugler Peon

Best Answers:
    To test I found a high number account, put in today's date for termination, and then went to Main Menu and Cancel Customers. It did not appear after processing fields. (It should have immediately like that right?) (If so, then no.)

Sam

samnaugler, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It wouldn't terminate them until the end of the day today, so put in yesterday as a termination date.

digitalpoint, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  8. samnaugler

samnaugler Peon

Best Answers:
    No change.

I chose an account which was created on Saturday (and so thus has a customer number over my long-lag-to-cancel threshold). This morning I set the termination date to 9/17/06 (yesterday) and went to "Cancel Customers"...it processes fields and then tells me that no customers need cancelled.

Sam - FSI

samnaugler, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hmmm... try recovering the MainMenu.fp5 file. If that doesn't change anything, would it be possible for you to zip up your data files and put them somewhere I could snag them to get into it myself?

digitalpoint, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  10. samnaugler

samnaugler Peon

Best Answers:
    In a test environment I repaired all fp5s and upgraded to 3.3.8 early on (no effect). I am configuring that ftp now...

Sam - FSI

samnaugler, Sep 21, 2006 IP