1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

auto generated link sites for adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by letsmakeamillion, Apr 24, 2005.

does anyone have opinions on directory generating software for the purpose of creating revenue from google adsense?

is this an ethical means of generating adsense revenue?

I have been making blogs and busting my ass trying to create good content etc.

but I have recently seen some marketers heavily promoting this directory generating software that makes about 2000 web pages automatically within only an hour or so...

all you do is feed it keywords, some content, photo, some rss links for other updating content and maybe a few articles and it creates all these pages... and supposedly revenue..

is this a good idea or a bad one?

letsmakeamillion, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Who is going to visit such a thing? The only way to earn income if from people clicking on your targeted ads. You won't get many visitors on a site full of spam-infested pages.
    Over 8 billion pages competing with you... only the best ones succeed.

fryman, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  3. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Ya mean like this? http://www.freeck.com/websitehosting/

I get link requests from pages like this all the time. This one is a link request from 11/04 - they still don't have pr in google. I'm curious to know what kind of software they use.

flawebworks, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  4. riziko

riziko Peon

Best Answers:
    In general I don't think it is ethical. It is also against the AdSense TOS.

There is enough crap on the internet. We don't need software to automatically generate more.

I say it is a bad idea.

riziko, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  5. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't touch this is I had serious sites with AdSense on them. WHy risk getting your account banned for something that will probably bring very little revenue

yfs1, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  6. jlerner

jlerner Guest

Best Answers:
    Posted by yfs1
    Speaking of banned - I was showing someone my site when he clicked on a google ad before I could stop him. It was only 1 click, but I understand it's a violation of the terms... Can I expect to get banned over this? Should I email google and report the accident so it will not show up as revenue?

jlerner, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  7. yfs1

Best Answers:
    It won't hurt to send out the email although it is unlikely you will see a ban for one click. (Unlikely, not impossible)

You will probably just get a form letter back but at least you can breathe easy

yfs1, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  8. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I would highly recomend not emailing google and telling them your clicking on your own ads.

Shoemoney, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  9. yfs1

Best Answers:
    They already know if alerting them is what you are worried about.

yfs1, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  10. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to hijack this thread or anything, but...

Last year I had a day that was about 10x my normal earnings (totaled $10 instead of $1 :D ) so I sent an email to google telling them that I think someone clicked on my adsense a bunch of times...They sent me an email a day or two later saying "We have investigated your account....blah blah blah....we found $55 worth of fradulent clicks"

Ridiculous...last time I ever email them about something like that...there was about $9 of fradulent clicks, but they stole $55 instead.

AfterHim.com, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  11. jlerner

jlerner Guest

Best Answers:
    They must know - I checked my account and the click did not produce any revenue. It showed $0.00 in the earnings column. I would rather step up and admit the mistake than have them think I was churning my own account.

jlerner, Apr 27, 2005 IP
  12. jlerner

jlerner Guest

Best Answers:
    Posted by Afterhim

We'll see what happens - I just emailed google. My site has very low paying keywords, I only make 4 or 5 cents a click. A single errant click should not cause them to panic, but you never know.

jlerner, Apr 27, 2005 IP