1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Auto Blogging

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by future2020, Jan 28, 2013.

?

Can auto blogs be profitable in 2013

Poll closed Feb 11, 2013.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. Depends on niche

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    I have several auto blog sites. For some reason I have not seen a increase in my page rank, and I have done alot of white hat seo (bookmark submissions,backlinking,press releases etc). Do you think or know if auto blogs are looked at in a negative light by Google, and if so what would I need to do to seriously increase my auto blogs rankings. :(

future2020, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  2. kulwantnagi2003

kulwantnagi2003 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google know very well that which are auto blogs and which are manual. Google is concentrating on quality so in the recent trend you cannot survive long time with auto blogs.

kulwantnagi2003, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  3. future2020

future2020 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the response.....:eek:
    I'm not sure why Google doesn't like autoblog, especially if it's giving good curated content?
    Google sucks :(

future2020, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  4. seocrusher

seocrusher Active Member

Best Answers:
    Syndicating Google News feed content will be nice effort.

seocrusher, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  5. future2020

future2020 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks I will look into that and test to see if that helps.
    I am also thinking about just adding original content as well to mix things up.
    I read on a popular blog that it may be possible to get my auto blogs out of the sandbox by adding original content as pages on my site. I will test this and report back to this thread with anything I learn that works or not....:(

6. future2020

future2020 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I beleive the search engines are nothing but content aggregators, so how can they legitimately penalize me for doing the same thing they have been doing. Google is built upon scraped and aggregated content. Am I right? :)

7. Eve1980

Eve1980 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google aggregates the content, doesn't mean that it likes it :) manually written well researched content would probably be looked at better than anything automatic.

Eve1980, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  8. future2020

future2020 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure of that Eve... my thing is, you can have some really good put together content laden scrapped (automated) material, and some might have a poorly put together site with scrapped material all ova the place with no real meaningful info :) . You see this is where the lines Google have drawn get's blurry because Google has choosen to let some auto blogs slide while others fell into the abyss. So it's very confusing to understand what the big G is really looking for... It's more of an advantage to Google when people have a bevy of different sites to sift through the search engine for, vs. coming straight to my site for a particular niche that has all of the content needed in one spot. You see I see myself more of a content curator more than any thing I don't scrape from other bloggers as I do take from top news sites. I also scrape from Youtube for videos ;)......

future2020, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  9. Eve1980

Eve1980 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes I'd certainly agree there it is a bit confusing! Have you tried using copyscape to cross-reference which sites are doing well and which aren't?

Eve1980, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  10. dianarob

dianarob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just add a few unique content. You mix that up with your auto content and it should help raise your PR. Of course you need to do some site promotion as well.

dianarob, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  11. future2020

future2020 Active Member

Best Answers:

future2020, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  12. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't like auto blogs because they do not provide fresh and unique content to the users. They rotate same stuff over and over. Anything that does not give a better use experience is considered bad by Google.

traxport121, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  13. future2020

future2020 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks

future2020, Mar 1, 2013 IP