1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Author name showing in search results but not photo or circles

Discussion in 'Google+' started by Mr.81, Feb 3, 2014.

Hi guys,

I set my Google Authorship info up a few weeks back and my name is appearing in search results next to my posts, though my photo and circles aren't.

Any idea why this is happening? I've checked all the steps and everything seems fine. The only thing that I don't have is my Google+ URL on my author bio page, but everything else is set up.

The reason the link isn't on my author bio page is because it's an automatically generated page of all my posts - there's no where to add the link.

Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Mr.81, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  2. elenaw

elenaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

I don't want to be presumptuous so forgive me if I'm going over things you've already done. I know for me sometimes I think I've set up things correctly only to realize teeny tiny things I've missed. :)

For me the first go-to thing to do is used the structured data testing tool to see if Google is picking up the authorship then work back from there if it's not. This authorship support page from Google is an excellent start if you haven't referred to it already.

As far as the link not being specifically on the author bio page, it should be fine as long as it's somewhere visible on the site. Since you mentioned that it's an automatically generated page, is putting the code in the footer a viable option for you?

Lastly, if everything is flawless, the only thing I can think of is that it just might not be showing because Google since mid December, Google has been tightening the rules on the authorship markup. Here's a good post about it: http://www.virante.org/blog/2013/12/19/authorshippocalypse-google-authorship-penguin-finally-appeared/.

Hope that helps!

elenaw, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  3. Mr.81

Mr.81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your reply.

I went to the Google structured data tool the other day and everything seemed fine.

The only place my Google+ is linked is in my bio above each post - it's a button that links to my Google+. Is that enough?

Like I said, my name appears under searches and if I click the name it definitely shows it's linked to my Google+, though there's no photo or circles shown.

Maybe it is a part of Google tightening up the rules...hmmm...

Thanks for your time, elenaw.

Mr.81, Feb 5, 2014 IP