1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Australian TAX for adsense (youtube) payments

Discussion in 'Payments' started by LittleRuby, Apr 21, 2016.

Hello there. Is there Aussies here? Or foreign resident studying and working in Australia? I'm an overseas student in Sydney and i'm starting to earn money through Youtube to my adsense account. And i was wondering if i should declare my earnings to Australian Tax Office or not. Is running Youtube channel (category is children's education) hobby or business?
    I've found some information but wanted to clarify it from someone who is earning from youtube in Australia. I know that Australian residents should declare all the earnings including foreign earnings to tax office. But i read from ATO that temporary residents (temporary visa holders) should only declare domestic earnings and not foreign earnings. Specifically it says: "
    • However, if you have a temporary visa you're a temporary resident – this means most of your foreign income is not taxed in Australia and you don't declare it on your Australian tax return. You only declare income you derive in Australia, plus any income you earn from employment performed overseas for short periods while you are a temporary resident of Australia."
    So is Youtube earning EMPLOYMENT PERFORMED OVERSEAS FOR SHORT PERIODS? What do you think?

Thank you so much guys. I'm new here and this is my first post. I want to be part of this great forum. Thanks ;)

LittleRuby, Apr 21, 2016 IP