1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Australia and New Zealand Search

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by palespyder, Nov 8, 2007.

I am looking for resources on Search Engines, PPC Engines, and Portals exclusive to Australia and New Zealand. Anyone have any ideas if there are any that do not include the obvious (Google, Overture, etc). Thanks in advance.

palespyder, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  2. Steven_D

Steven_D Peon

Best Answers:
    i was really impressed with
    http://www.linknz.co.nz/

a little while after I did a search for my own domain i got an email from dave andrews from linknz telling me that someone had done a search and my site had been added to their engine.

Steven_D, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  3. fuzeooster

fuzeooster Peon

Best Answers:
    fuzeooster, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  4. haggisv

haggisv Peon

Best Answers:
    webwombat is probably the most used... don't know anyone who actually uses the sensis SE, but it's big coz it's tied to the yellow pages...

haggisv, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  5. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Cameron [NetXHosting] Peon

Best Answers:
    Google.co.nz
    Google.com.au :D

Cameron [NetXHosting], Nov 8, 2007 IP
  6. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Connections, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  7. Linknz

Linknz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Steve thanks for mentioning my New Zealand based search engine, as a growing search engine it is always good to get feedback about how our users find our search engine.
    Presently we are having around 650,000 searches being done every week by users from more than seventy countries.
    We changed over from being just a country specific search engine and we are now indexing websites from all around the world, this was because some of our users were doing searches for things that were not available within the scope of New Zealand based websites, so in the end we went over to worldwide indexing which has made our results a heap better and more accurate.
    Making the search engine able to handle Chinese and other languages was fun and it took me around seven weeks of hard coding to get it running well enough to enable the function, now it can understand twenty seven different languages which is neat.
    We monitor the searches being carried out and any results that give either a low score or zero results are then printed out and two of our staff then try to locate data that matches what was being looked for and then we send in our webspider to make it searchable.
    That way we can make sure we are able to give decent results and also increase the size of our database.
    I have just looked and so far our index holds the results from two hundred and thirty seven million webpages that have been indexed by our webspider.
    So when a user does a search for a domain like "www.xyz.com" using our search engine and it gives a zero result which shows we have not indexed the site, then what happens is that the domain name and details are then pasted over to our webspider and then the site is crawled and added to our search engine.
    It is hard to manage an "ADD URL" method or page and so we decided to change it over to make sure that all the domains being searched for are always being indexed within 24hrs of the zero results being given and any searches that are done that give low or zero results are always being indexed and added to the search engine, so in a way we should never give a zero result out more than once or twice..

All the very best
    Dave Andrews
    from the LinkNZ search engine, down in New Zealand.

Linknz, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  8. ukfashionhouse

ukfashionhouse Active Member

Best Answers:
    ukfashionhouse, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  9. clookid

clookid Notable Member

Best Answers:
    clookid, Nov 23, 2007 IP