1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Auction Site - Magento vs. Joomla or Others?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by turri40, Dec 30, 2012.

Hi, I need an auction site created similar to auctionmaxx.com. - AuctionMaxx uses a customized version of Joomla. But I am not sure what extensions its using for the auction aspect.

Joomla
    - Going to use a template and then hire someone to incorporate the auction aspect

Magento
    - Going to use a left-menu based theme using the following auction extension
    > http://www.magestore.com/magento-auction-extension.html
    > OR http://store.belvg.com/auction.html
    - I'm going to try to install the extension myself but if that fails I'll probably have to hire someone to do it for me.

CONS for Magento
    - very very slow, and I'm probably have to spend $250 to hire someone to optimize for speed, like full page caching etc. but that won't be an immediate need right away

Budget to hire someone is $250 max for either Magento or Joomla.

- I will customize each theme slightly, like moving/adding graphics, changing colors and things like that.
    - What would you recommend I do? I'm not very good at programming.
    - Please give me your pros and cons for each content management system or if you have another solution please let me know.

Thanks

turri40, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  2. ericfox

ericfox Peon

Best Answers:
    For my side Magento is best for your site. Magento hosting is currently available from hundreds of thousands of providers. It's a simple fact that it is too easy to start a web hosting company. The first thing that you should look at when choosing a Magento hosting company is how long they have been in business. Magento hosting remains safe. Thank You..

ericfox, Jan 9, 2013 IP
  3. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Joomla offers better flexibility and more plugins but most of them are paid. Magento is used on a very small scale... Better to go with first one.

jazzyjmnote, Jun 7, 2014 IP