1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Auction ads going to hell

Discussion in 'eBay' started by IamNed, Aug 28, 2007.

1. WoodiE55

WoodiE55 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I bet, I'm already making decent money from AA - could only guess how much more if this mod worked. Looking over at vb.org it seems it's working for some and not for others.

In the meantime I'll continue to place them in high traffic areas.

WoodiE55, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  2. botah

botah Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I have heard they are just having the normal growing pains.

botah, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  3. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

Its Working fine for me on 5 of my forums, and all of my vBFAQ moderators' forums as well.

Most of the time when it doesnt work its because someone is trying to use it other then intended or not setting it up correctly.

joeychgo, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Other then one day where I'll swear that the ; and , separators were swapped I'll back that statement up 110% as I got 100 impressions last week (yes, all week) and all of my ads, were, for the better part on topic every time I happened across them.

Now, that's not counting when the actual system has gone bonkers, which it did for like a week or so by most accounts. Though many times when I saw someone complain I checked and found my ads to be on key and functioning properly. (Unlike my AdSence which is taking the context from my URL rather my content ~ contextual ads my ass)

Qryztufre, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  5. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Anybody else notice an increase in CTR the last few days? Mine is close to what it was before things got all jacked up starting in mid-July. If they have it fixed then that's a good thing. Taking almost two months to fix it, well...

If it's really fixed I might roll it out again across my network, although I've been doing pretty good with ebay/CJ. I might do some split testing and see which performs better. Anybody else done that and have good apples-to-apples comparison data?

geomark, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  6. DaMa

DaMa Peon

Best Answers:
    Had over 400 clicks yesterday, but that was due to an exclusive article+URL converter :D.

DaMa, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  7. jonixkonios

jonixkonios Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm the opposite, the last two months things were normal, now they're wrong again :(
    After 8 days, the same quantity of traffic and no clicks! Which i know it's impossible!

I'll give them one more week, if this don't get fixed, i'll turn everything to CJ/EBAY, i cannot afford loosing money.

jonixkonios, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  8. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind - this past weekend was a holiday weekend here in the US. My numbers are off as well, but I expected it.

joeychgo, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  9. KenYN

KenYN Peon

Best Answers:
    Good news - got my first revenue logged for over a month.
    Bad news - it looks like a bug - I earned $0.922 and it doesn't show up in the reports at all.

KenYN, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  10. WarBud

WarBud Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know what's going on. I keep having the .01% CTR but revenue still shows up. Working stats would be great.

WarBud, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  11. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    By email.

No mention of them raising the payout threshold 400%.

guerilla, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  12. denovo

denovo Peon

Best Answers:
    MW is spending time doing the wrong things. I joined at the start so I know how AA worked until mid-July. AA reporting is still busted and needs to be fixed ASAP.

My deadline is the end of this month. I am tired of clicks and no revenue - or, revenue and no clicks. Not to mention, outages and webkinz ads. The high season is coming and I need a network that works.

denovo, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  13. Choller

Choller Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there anything better than AA right now?

I only use the option to direct link to a specific auction on ebay.

Choller, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  14. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah. The payout minimum is now $50. What sleazebags, blowing smoke up our butts with all this feel good news while slipping in that little gem without a mention. The ethical and legal thing to do is inform publishers of any changes in terms when they come into effect.

geomark, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  15. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Throughout most of this mess I've been saying "well, I have nearly no impressions but my ads have been right on". Well, today I'm taking that back, as I've recently been the first person to visit a few of my pages. It takes several moments to update the cache, so you are getting off-topic impressions for the first view and for several moments after that.

That can be the difference between a sale and no sale, and for the tiny publisher that means a lot.

Qryztufre, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  16. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    I was thinking for a moment about flipping the switch and running AA across my network again. But after this little gem plus that attempted slight of hand with the $25 bump the other thread is discussing I'll leave them off.

I have one affiliate signed up under me. I assume the stats labelled <none> are his since I don't have any AA installed without campaign names. So as long as he keeps running AA I can look forward to viewing his stats - he's currently getting a 0.18% CTR...LOL

geomark, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  17. its me

its me Active Member

Best Answers:
    i know this is slighty off topic but does anyone know how to make AA full page? i'm sure i saw them as the main content on someone's site the other day but i don't have that option in their ad sizes.

its me, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  18. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I think that's a bit OT

There is no limit to the number of ads allowed on a page. So simply stack them...

Qryztufre, Sep 6, 2007 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  19. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Did you not see this blog post?

http://www.auctionads.com/blog/free-2500-auctionads-bonus-for-new-publishers/

fsmedia, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  20. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's the issue. They're raising the payout threshold, and they announce it on the public blog, not by email notification to their publishers.

I realize people love blogs and read them all day, but one can not honestly expect blog posts to be the primary means of communication for a business between it's clients/suppliers.

Then they complain that we post in public forums discussing the program. When if people didn't post, many wouldn't even know because they do not read the blog daily.

guerilla, Sep 6, 2007 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.