1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Auction ads going to hell

Discussion in 'eBay' started by IamNed, Aug 28, 2007.

1. mendna

mendna Guest

Best Answers:
    Good bye auction ad!

I decided to finally give it a flick after give it a month of chance!

It's time to move all peeps.. go for other ad program.

mendna, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  2. omega533

omega533 Peon

Best Answers:
    Abandon ship.. Woot woot.

I bailed last month. Waste.

omega533, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  3. WoodiE55

WoodiE55 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The blending of your ads on your digitialburn site is terrible. Could be a very good reason as to why you are not making money.

Lot of the sites I've seen failing at AuctionAds are usually sites that are a poor niche market for ebay, low cost items on ebay (the lower the sell price the less you make), low traffic to the sites that display AA, and/or poor blending.

Does AA have it's share of problems? Yes, and even I get tired of them from time to time, however it's hard to just throw them away when even with the issues I'm still making $XXX.xx as well as many others. Just look at a few posts above, someone showed stats of making over $500 so far this month.

Also seems some people are quick to see the impressions and clicks and no instant income. AA doesn't work that way, it's an over time type ad system. I placed my AA ads on my site the middle of last month and didn't see a single cent come in until about the last day of the month and the auctions started ending and the stats started updated - made over $200 from that time span. This month, more then doubled it so far and we've still got a few more days left this month. It takes time, it's not Adsense where you see clicks and income with hours, AA can take days even more then a week - auctions do last up to 10 days.

WoodiE55, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  4. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'll tell you what adds up. The unreported revenue.

The longer you wait, the less of what you earn, you actually get.

No disclosure, no accountability, nothing. It's sad. Super depressing and I'm pulling out of TLA now because I will no longer do business with MediaWhiz.

guerilla, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  5. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

I agree......

joeychgo, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  6. jonixkonios

jonixkonios Peon

Best Answers:
    racketboy, june and july - approximately $550 each
    august - $10
    until middle september - $1

After cj/ebay (2nd part of september) - $450 (the highest value and a money convertion per click)

jonixkonios, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  7. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There are also many folks that have claimed they made $500 a few months ago but are not making $5 this month, and it's those people that are pulling out.

It's all peachy and keen that there are those that have made $500 last month, but what if their stats are off too? Maybe they really earned $1000? Heh...maybe they earned $5000!

I understand that earnings from this can vary, but vary in the triple digits? And for so many?

*shrug* The ads are on my sites still... but I may try alternatives starting next month. Just to see if I can actually earn something, rather then wondering if I did but didn't see it.

Qryztufre, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  8. racketboy

racketboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I was making $1300 and now I'm making $300

I'm wondering if I should make the switch...

racketboy, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  9. Plinks

Plinks Peon

Best Answers:
    People are still using Auction Ads? Hahah!

And the reason Joeychgo is so supportive of AuctionAds is because he probably has a ton of people who have signed up under him and makes money from them as long as AuctionAds stays afloat. Why do I know this? Because he email spammed a couple of my email addresses trying to get me to sign up. GG ethics and morality.

Plinks, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  10. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    I made a historical total of $135 with auction ads b4 I pulled them from my site.

Today I saw I had a historical total of $110 a few days after adding my paypal email address.

why did I lose $25? I din't get any payment.

IamNed, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  11. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

First, im insulted that you would question my ethics. You and your 66 posts dont know me or anything about me. I can tell you, I have been quite the pain in the ass to the people at AA and dont hesitate telling them when I see a problem or something they could do better. But I do it professionally, something maybe you havent learned yet.

Second, I didnt spam anything, I have included articles about AA in a few of my vBulletin-faq.com newsletters, so the only way I could have sent to a couple of your email addresses is if you have several accounts on my site. Why would you have several accounts? Further, your able to opt in and out of such emails easily.

Third, Auctionads isnt going anywhere genius. A company such as mediawhiz doesnt invest in a program and ditch it because it's had problem.

I believe in the AA product, especially for forums which traditionally have very low earnings from programs such as AdSense. AA has had problems, no question there, and has more work to do to make things right. I believe they will accomplish this. I am now monetizing parts of my forums that were previously not monetized

But at the same time, I see just as many complaints about Adsense earnings dropping off, people being smartpriced, banned, etc. Yet, I support that program as well and have sent out newsletters about adsense too. Wanna question my ethics there as well?

You dont have to agree with me, and you can easily debate the pros and cons of something, as most in this thread have, and I will even admit when im wrong, but dont attack me personally. That I will NOT stand for.

I cant remember the last time I gave someone negative rep, but attacking me and my ethics earned you a red rep from me.

joeychgo, Sep 26, 2007 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  12. codeber

codeber Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had enough.

It was bad enough when clicks stopped being counted (down to 1/30th levels)
    Now the not counting of impressions or empty boxes.

AA is going to the knackers yard.
    They remove blog entries, they rarely respond to customer contacts and even when they do its a week later.

Seriously I need a new alternative.

codeber, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  13. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Very odd, I've still been having great performance and a great experience with them. my sites' revenue has increased 2x fold over the past month

fsmedia, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  14. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    With all the people reporting only half what seemed normal, I must ask, are you part owner in MediaWhiz, as heh, I bet they are showing double as well
    :rolleyes:

Qryztufre, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  15. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, seems to be hit or miss with publishers, hopefully they will have it fixed for ALL pubs sooner than later

fsmedia, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  16. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    fsmedia, you won't show stats, you work for MediaWhiz and you make these claims that quite frankly, almost NO ONE else is seeing.

Hey, you're free to post whatever you want, but to me (and apparently a few others) it sounds pretty far fetched.

guerilla, Sep 26, 2007 IP
    AGS likes this.
  17. racketboy

racketboy Peon

Best Answers:
    He's address the acqusations before, and I pretty much believe him
    I'm still making hundreds a month, so I know the system isn't total crap, but again, it doesn't compare to the $1,300 and higher click-thrus I made in June with a bit less traffic.

I've said it before, but its WAY better than Adsense for me (about 3X the earnings), but I can't help but wonder if I'm better off with another CJ solution.

18. WoodiE55

WoodiE55 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This same argument can be made for any program - how do you know exactly how many people have clicked on any of your ad programs? Who knows instead of having 500 clicks from adsense I had 800.

Yes AA does have it's fair share of issues even reporting - they've even admitted to the issues, but again why in the world would I want to throw away something that's making me $XXX.xx and in turn make nothing? What do you recommend me trying?

The thing is I'm part of many different affiliate programs - they all do terrible for me, in fact the only thing I run on my sites now is Adsense and one or two placements of YPN and now starting last month AuctionAds. My earnings from adsense and YPN hasn't changed and now I'm earning more income from AA.

Again, from what I've seen - the reason why some sites are failing are for the reasons I've mentioned above. Not because AA isn't 100% perfect on their reporting.

WoodiE55, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  19. racketboy

racketboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly -- I'm having the same dilemma.

20. squeezeplaycards

squeezeplaycards Peon

Best Answers:
    Every day something is odd or wrong about AA. Today I could log into my account but I couldn't run reports. Yesterday I couldn't log in at all for a couple of hours. I am not placing any new ads for now on posts but I do hope some day they get it together. I hate building ads in the ebay tool kit.

squeezeplaycards, Sep 26, 2007 IP