1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Auckland Restaurants, Sydney Restaurants

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by t2dman, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi all

Whenever you next due downunder, book an Auckland restaurant or Sydney Restaurant online or browse through our extensive listings of contact details and reviews.

I am proud to have a number of restaurant websites that I have managed to get high on the search engines under the brand Time2Dine. The Auckland Restaurants website and associated websites for New Zealand Restaurant reviews - a VB forum, and another forum for Australian restaurants (mainly Sydney Restaurants) at the moment.

I have a thread on my vb forum where I have detailed How to search engine optimize VBulletin that you might also find interesting.

Thanks to the DP advertising co-op, DP seo threads and lots of other research, each site ranks very high for their terms. My latest has been now top 20 on Google for the single phrase "Auckland" for the www.time2dine.co.nz site.

I mentioned in the DP thread "How to safely interlink sites", that Google can start to treat two websites as one when there are too many even one way links. Especially when there are not enough other links to balance it out. Now, being part of the Digitalpoint advertising co-op means that you get many links, but there is is still the risk, once which I would rather mitigate where possible.

So I thought, hey, lets have a thread introducing myself and my flagship Auckland Restaurants and Sydney Restaurants sites, and link to that thread on my DP sig, so that there is only one page on DP that links to me. Means I get the max PR to that one DP page, it should rank high for that term in its own right, and it should get the max PR back to my sites without having any potential harm.

The introduction forum of DP is an ideal place for it.

I certainly enjoy being around DP. Thanks Shawn for your excellent tools and services.

t2dman, Dec 15, 2004 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the forum, I see you have over 103 posts, when did you join?

I am going to do an introduction thread one day, I never did one, do you think I should do one sooner or later? :D :p :)

anthonycea, Dec 15, 2004 IP
  3. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL I love it! 103 posts and NOW he says hello!~~~~

ok ---- well --- Howdy!

joeychgo, Dec 15, 2004 IP
  4. t2dman

t2dman Peon

Best Answers:
    You have slightly more posts than me Anthony :). So I think joeychgo would have even more fits of laughter at you introducing yourself.

Yep, never got around to it, but given the issues of too many "Auckland Restaurants" links from one site, I thought this was an ideal occasion.

In fact, I have been around since when Shawn first mooted the idea of a forum, he started a less than ideal email list type system, then he went to this. Wow has DP grown in not many months. I am starting to see many places recommending this DP for seo advice and tools. Fun.

t2dman, Dec 15, 2004 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You have not heard that Digital Point is light years ahead of WMW yet?

Man you have to come to the best forum and forget the laggards, you are missing the boat big time man :confused: :p :D

anthonycea, Dec 15, 2004 IP
  6. stephaneggy

stephaneggy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wlcome man:D

stephaneggy, Dec 15, 2004 IP
  7. zez

zez Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the forums.....

zez, Dec 15, 2004 IP
  8. arundirect

arundirect Banned

Best Answers:
    arundirect, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  9. t2dman

t2dman Peon

Best Answers:
    t2dman, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  10. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    BTW t2dman, as I live in Sydney I'm happy for you to pay for me plus 1 to go to a Sydney restaurant anytime and do a review on it for your site. I'll even take photos :)

Dominic, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    What is your skill set, are you a reseller or did you design these websites and templates?

How did you come up with the concept of the restaurant review site and how long have you worked on the site.

Is it a database site built on open source?

PS: Dominic, I bet he does that after you pay for my round trip vacation to the land down under, hey Dom?

anthonycea, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  12. t2dman

t2dman Peon

Best Answers:
    Gidday

I am a reseller of the templates. Used one for myself (the MarketItOnline website), and was so impressed, I thought I should put up a site for if not just my own clients, but others around the web. It is an interesting exercise putting up a new website on the web. Seeing where Google ranks it - very low, despite a number of good links. It will be a good case study of sandbox and hopefully how the dp co-op is able to break people out of it.

I did the Time2Dine site myself (my PHP programming) with initially lots of help from consultants for the design, seo and marketing. Now I get 500+ through the site each day and heaps of bookings. Enough to rank me in the top 10 (6-7th) for traffic through NZ restaurant websites each quarter.

The concept came from 5pm.co.uk where my brother worked a number of years ago. They don't know much about seo/or havn't in the past, but have done very for themselves despite it. Have a Google for "Online Restaurant Booking" - he he me of course.

t2dman, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Real good work, one thing I did notice is that the font is a bit small on one of the sites, you may want to adjust that a bit if possible.

Good luck :)

anthonycea, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  14. amberstar702

amberstar702 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello:

Welcome from Las Vegas! :D

Cordially,

amberstar702, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  15. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    G'day, mate! Haven't I seen you around. :p

That's an "inside joke" everyone. T2Dman has been helping us SEO sites recently. His work is "Ace!"

Welcome to the forum. :)

ResaleBroker, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  16. t2dman

t2dman Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Jeffrey. There are a few people also wanting to cash in on the fact that I'm channeling a bit of PR onto this page ;) But that would be to cast dispertions on the goodwill of people so I can't say that! :D .

Quite a friendly side of the Net this introductions side.

But I can't spend too much time on the Net today. My Sons birthday party - a few more friends come this time of the year than his real day on the 24th Dec.

t2dman, Dec 18, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.