1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Attracting people to trade show booth – A Tip

Discussion in 'General Business' started by anthonyn, Dec 12, 2006.

How do I attract customers to my booth located in a trade show ?.

I would prefer to attract people by giving away prizes in the form of a lucky card. A playing card with the company information on one side could be given and directing them to the specific numbered stall. The lucky card winner would get the prize.

Do you have any idea for attracting people to the stall?

anthonyn, Dec 12, 2006 IP
    Jat likes this.
  2. aqrhine

aqrhine Active Member

Best Answers:
    print out business cards with a randomized contest number on the back with a website. Hand them out all day and tell them to visit the website to see if they won. Attract people to the booth with attractive women in tight shirts.. it works..

aqrhine, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  3. MyBlueDog

MyBlueDog Peon

Best Answers:
    Try contests, like darts, bean bags, anything related to carnival games work well.

Using an attractive woman also helps indeeed.

MyBlueDog, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  4. Blanket

Blanket Peon

Best Answers:
    free beer.

Blanket, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  5. newrhodes

newrhodes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on your product, and what kind of audience you want to attract. Are you looking for random people, or specific interest?

Beer and attractive women will get the random male crowd for a few seconds; once they've got what they came for, they're off without anything having registered.

Your contest / card idea sounds good. Other suggestions

1) Make sure your booth is in a good location, preferably close to the entrance - most people spend more time browsing initially, towards the end they skip past unless it's something they're buying at the moment.

2) An attractive product display (physical, not a computer presentation) attracts attention.

3) Small giveaways to visitors work; most people never use the post-it pads / mousepads, keychains et. al. that are given away, but they still don't pass by a freebie. Avoid el cheapo stuff - those get thrown away pretty soon.

4) If it's a consumer show, with kids tagging along, balloons help; no child can pass by a balloon giveaway. For a more serious trade show, small mineral water bottles or coke / juice cans are a good option.

5) Run a competition every hour or so - five minutes, easy questions about your display, with decent prizes - keeps people around or coming back if they see how easy it is.

Hope this helps

newrhodes, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  6. wordscientist

wordscientist Peon

Best Answers:
    LMAO...I usually avoid those type of booths. To me, it just screams 'we have a really lame product so we needed hot girls'.

When I go to trade shows, the booths that catch my eye are professionally designed, have friendly (but NOT pushy or fake-smiley) people running them, and offer a 'believable' product (no sales gimmicks posted).

Newrhodes gave quite a bit of useful advice.

wordscientist, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  7. dbarnum

dbarnum Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Here are a couple of sites with good tips:

http://www.exhibitor.co.za/tips.html

http://www.sba.gov/smallbusinessplanner/manage/marketandprice/SERV_TRADESHOW.html

(both links are no affiliation)

dbarnum, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  8. zipaday

zipaday Peon

Best Answers:
    I always like the booths that let me look without being harrassed. Smile and give people their space.

zipaday, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  9. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Give out free stuff.

ablaye, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  10. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    Have some sort of seating arrangement for people (Trust me this really works)

Print out the most interesting things about your product on a banner and stick it on the entrance of your stall

IT

Correctus, Dec 16, 2006 IP