1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ATTN Copywriters - Need Your Input in Developing a CRM to manage client orders and employees.

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by silicuda, Jul 13, 2014.

Dear Copywriters,

My Name is Attila and I own a copy writing company. Just like you, I deal with clients on a day to day basis, and also have employees who do the work and write. Currently we take orders via email, then manually assign it to an employee via email. Not the best way for sure.

I have three MAJOR problems:

-Issues tracking client orders (because we get so many, things get forgotten, lost)
    -Problems keeping track of who did what, and when (again, due to overwhelming incoming orders via emails - and keeping things confidential [I don't want workers to know who the client is])
    -Accounting - I just can't get my head around accounting and invoicing and book keeping (I am creative, not logical!)

I googled, and googled and looked for a CRM that does what I need, and I came out short. All the CRMs on the market are to sell products, real, info or subscription based - none are for copywriters where every order is different, every order is unique.

So I thought about ways how to solve it - first thing that came to my mind, having a ticket system like osTicket would work ok, it'd automatically create a serial # for every order that came in - but that still left the other parts on the table, assigning tasks to workers, book keeping.

So I decided to hire a programmer for $5000 per month, the very best programmer I can find to create a custom, cloud based CRM that lets you:

-take orders via email and via web
    -allows you to assign it to your employees, without them seeing the clients instructions/contact info
    -keeps track of cost of order and if it was paid/or not
    -allows full customization of emails when someone sends you an email, when an order is done, etc on a per need basis

Now, this is just on paper at the moment - we're working on wire framing the whole thing but I need your help and suggestions on how to make it awesome.

If you are a copywriter that has employees, and believe something like this would greatly help you as much as it will help me. Please share your ideas, let me know what you think.

Thanks
    -Attila

silicuda, Jul 13, 2014 IP