1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Attention Google: PageRank is Flawed

Discussion in 'Google' started by peppy, Aug 29, 2009.

1. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would be all for getting rid of PR all together. I thought G was headed down that road not long ago, but seems to have backed off now.

I say, shut it down. But just before you do G, give everyone a PR10 then pull the plug!. :)

/*tom*/

longcall911, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  2. Michaelr

Michaelr Peon

Best Answers:
    The whole mystery of google is its upredictable and whilst it gives you thinks like webmaster tools it just doesn't give you enough to motivate you based on instant rewards for seo work done as it really does want things done naturally!

Michaelr, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  3. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    And that's precisely the point. Various aspects of SEO seem to be considered as artificially "gaming" the system.

Jim4767, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  4. crysun2007

crysun2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    When you change link with high pr website
    you should check the backlinks of this site in yahoo
    if this site have no high quarlity backlinks.
    you should not change wwith him

crysun2007, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  5. camp185

camp185 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best thing Google could ever do with pagerank is what they first did when they came up with the concept. Don't reveal it. They should stop revealing it in the toolbar or anywhere else. The toolbar and page rank is a marketing scheme. They are trying to show that their toolbar offers something unique besides search, aka a website pagerank.

camp185, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  6. monosodium

monosodium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    *sigh* nobody is holding google to a higher standard than bing/yahoo etc. and yes, i know we are talking about search engines and not airlines, banks, or restaurants. my point OBVIOUSLY was that there is no inherent difference between the relation of any of these and the public and that of search engines and the public. DUH!

something must be wrong with me, i'm replying to posts by 13-year-olds who start their posts with 'FAIL'. chrissake i need my groove back

monosodium, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  7. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, better than having to respond to a 3 year old that starts their post with *sigh*.

See - I can go ad hominem also.

Why would a Google customer need Toolbar PageRank? I see no value to the browsers of the web. There is where the inherent difference between search engines and the industries that you used as examples.

Phynder, Sep 1, 2009 IP