1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Attention Clickbank Vendors! Watch Out For This Frauder (pics inside)

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by danc1122, Sep 26, 2009.

So I'm looking at my affiliate stats and I see something REALLY messed up.

Look at this shit...

Customer stats:

[​IMG]

Affiliate Stats:

[​IMG]

As you can see, Clickbank ID inetgbl is sending thousands of JUNK traffic.

I checked my server logs and it appears to be coming from China and these referring links...

http://surf.inetglobal.com/surf.php
    http://surf.inetglobal.com/surfbar.php

I checked out the website and it seems like there running some sort of scam where they are paying people to click/view ads. If you do a "surfin demo" on the iNetGlobal website, you'll see it takes you to random CPA offers and Clickbank products.

I don't really know why it's all coming from China because the site is all English, but either way, if your a clickbank vendor I'd check your affiliate stats because this dude can put a hurting on your bandwidth.

If the same thing is happening to you... edit you .htaccess file and put something like...

RewriteEngine on
    # Options +FollowSymlinks
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} http://surf.inetglobal\.com [NC]
    RewriteRule .* - [F]

Anyone else seeing clicks from this website or know what it is???

danc1122, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  2. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My guess is that it's just a newbie affiliate mistake. They think they can just buy traffic and send it and they will make thousands!

I doubt there is any nasty intentions by the affiliate, just inexperience. Chinese traffic is dirt cheap and they can buy thousands of visitors at little cost (not knowing that their paid traffic is coming from China).

terryd, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  3. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This sounds like a GPT (get paid to) click site. Those sites IMO are fraud and a great majority of Internet fraud comes from China. So I think the GPT site is just targeting China or tends to attract more people from there.

5starAffiliates, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  4. PHAZ

PHAZ Guest

Best Answers:
    It's incentivisation, just on a noobie scale.

There's a lot of hussle and bussle in the CPA scene about weather or not it's classed as fraud. IMO - Yeah it is.

Anyway, I'm sure you can contact CB, and ask for that affiliate to be blocked/blacklisted.

PHAZ, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  5. danc1122

danc1122 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I've tried using the .htaccess file to block out the traffic but I still can't get it to work. Any good "coders" out there know how I can do it?

I could contact clickbank to get the guy banned, but that wouldn't stop the junk traffic I don't think.

danc1122, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  6. PHAZ

PHAZ Guest

Best Answers:
    Until another affiliate uses junk traffic it will!

They won't get served with a cookie, and your page wont load.

Problem fixed.

PHAZ, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  7. dimmoneycash

dimmoneycash Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that this 'guy' has placed his Clickbank ID in each link for CB products and people get paid to click, therefore the result is thousands upon thousands of hops but no sales. Completely untargeted!

:D

dimmoneycash, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  8. Dyersco

Dyersco Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for alerting me to this potential hassle and yes to others who had some solutions

Dyersco, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  9. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All my offers have this problem. And yes I've reported people to CB and they simply don't connect the hops to your site anymore (yes, problem solved).

It is indeed a noobie and it will continue to happen if your program looks like it might in fact convert on random untargeted ptc clicks. To be honest though, my new optimizer prog. is actually converting some of these massive random clicks so it depends what you have for bandwidth power and how long you will see it go on for until you see results or get sick of this guy cutting into your bandwidth and throwing off the stats.

N.

NCMedia, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  10. Show My Website

Show My Website Peon

Best Answers:
    I had this same problem for a different user in clickbank. He/she was using a paid to click site to bring very large amounts of traffic to my site. I was excited at first, but then nothing converted.

Show My Website, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  11. citilynks

citilynks Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Danc,
    Steve from iNetGlobal here. I just want to let you know, we are aware of the issue and have made steps to correct. Anytime you need anything we are easy to get a hold of and we DO answer the phone.

The problem was we had no Daily Budget in place and so traffic was running rampant. We have now put controls in place to limit the traffic.

We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our advertisers.

Thanks for the heads up, and please let us know of there's anything we can do for you in the future.

Steve Renner, Director
    iNetGlobal

A Division of:
    Inter-Mark Corporation
    Support Offices:
    250 Second Ave S 145
    Minneapolis, MN 55401

Ph: (612) 332-6025

citilynks, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  12. danc1122

danc1122 Peon

Best Answers:
    You have put a "Daily Budget" in place but what difference does it make? The traffic your sending is fraudulent clicks from China. Your paying people simply to "view" my site.

Unless you miraculous changed your business model, I will continue to block your current CB hoplink, and any future CB accounts you create.

Don't send traffic to my site unless your trying to help folks win back there ex lovers. I don't want your scam traffic. There's no point in having you burn through my bandwidth with fake traffic from China.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this IS what you're doing isn't it? If not, I'd be glad to work things out, but it's hard for me to do that when you sent me 30k + hops in under a month without a single sale...

danc1122, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  13. citilynks

citilynks Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Man,
    Yes I fully understand and agree. We definitely don't want to send anyone unwanted, unnecessary,
    and un-targeted traffic. This gives me a good idea to Geo Target ads to only give English Speaking
    traffic to specific offers, such as yours, so the traffic is more targeted.

Thanks for the Feedback. It is greatly appreciated!

As I said we are looking to provide the best possible experience for our viewers and advertisers.

Thanks Again!

Steve Renner
    Marketing Director - iNetGlobal

citilynks, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  14. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Just curious..

Since the affiliate id is inetgbl was it the owners of InetGlobal running the campaign or was it a customer of theirs?

If the traffic is not based on various keywords and geo-targeted there are 0 chances to make it productive.

Al.

evelinawilliams007, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  15. danc1122

danc1122 Peon

Best Answers:
    Al,

From what I can see, iNetGlobals business model is to pay people to simply VIEW a site.

So, none of the visitors are interested in buying my product, because all there doing is viewing my site in order to make money.

I believe that's how it works, but maybe the iNetGlobal guy on this forum can clear things up and explain IN DETAIL exactly what the company does because as far as I can tell, it's just spam traffic from China wasting my bandwidth.

danc1122, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  16. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    just copped this on one of my sites. over a 1000 hits from china in about 2 mins. booo.

/?hop=sudama99
    surf.inetglobal.com/surf.php

mill123, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  17. citilynks

citilynks Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the feed back guys. We will do our best to see that any offers run on
    our network are targeted. It is hard to police over 25,000 advertisers.

Obviously there is no reason to be sending offers for products primarily aimed at
    English speaking customers to Foreign Markets that do not even speak English.

With Millions of Page Views per day, the iNetGlobal Pay Per View platform is a great
    place to get inexpensive traffic.

Thanks again for all your constructive feedback. This helps us in understanding
    the way our ads are running, and gives us some direction for how we set our
    ad policies in the future.

We know your goals are to sell your products / services, and not waste precious
    bandwidth on Junk Clicks.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

All The Best in your Marketing Efforts!

Steve Renner

citilynks, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  18. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ^ It sounds like you're still justifying and being apologetic in order to eliminate the chance of being dropped by your vendors, but not addressing any actual concerns or questions. Please answer the question above - what is the purpose of your site/business model? Is it indeed a PPV model? Are your 'surfers' simply getting paid to 'view' pages? If so, I don't see why you would care about geo-targeting or conforming to our needs vs. banking however possible including sending china clicks to all offers (because you/your network gets paid on views not sales, unless you run internal campaigns as well, competing with your own advertisers...yuk?). In fact, you'd have to have quite the complex ad server to be able to handle 250K advertisers with geo/IP rules...

I would like to hear more about your biz, and how many internal campaigns you guys run as above to test your traffic. If at the end of the day, you cannot convert your own traffic, and or you are simply paying people to view the sites you put in your rotator, I would quicker ask to ban your hops from my account rather than let you continue to rape my bandwidth and send xxx,xxx hits with no conversions (i don't care where they are from). You're lucky CB is as lenient as they are, if you tried this with any CPA you'd be flushed without warning.

NCMedia, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  19. floodrod

floodrod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Steve Renner

Now you moved on to my store?? STOP sending these hits to the Unexplainable Store PLEASE!!!

Your killing me!!

floodrod, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  20. wuhx2000

wuhx2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Inetglobal attract many chinese and foreigners to click ad through getting money from it, they do not concern about the page and what's on it absolutely, it is totally click fraud, for Inetglboal is a Ponzi scheme!

wuhx2000, Mar 25, 2010 IP