1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Atheists: Please Explain the Miracle of Lanciano!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Angelic, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    The examinations date back to 1973, so of course there is no such report on their site.
    It can't be lies mate; ZENIT is an international news agency, not a personal/hobbyist site.

Angelic, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  2. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Only if it is tested transparently and by credible entities..

Are you kidding me?
    Let's hear it from Horse's mouth:
    Yes!!! A totally unbiased, neutral and credible news agency!!

Also, an event of this scale, and you couldn't find a single[!!], a single reference from WHO? Even in 1973 they had plenty of publications..
    That is when I'm totally disregarding the fact that NOTHING called 'the Higher Council of the World Health Organization' ever existed.
    Not a single reference from WHO that it ever appointed any 'scientific commission' for any such thing.

Let me see that relic in the hands of Mythbusters, and then we will be talking.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
    The Webby, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  3. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The WHO analyzed the results . I'd say that's pretty freaking credible .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  4. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Proof please, thank you :)

5. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Sure let me get to the website that the WHO had in the '70s , i'm sure that they keep this in a banner on their main page . Look at Wikipedia and accept the scientific evidence or just ignore it . I honestly don't expect any militant atheist accept this , the horror that would come from the realization of the fact that God exists would make anyone deny everything for as long as they can . Yet another reason why Pascal's (Talleyrand's) bet is always a logical argument not to be an atheist .

6. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah the militant atheist bullcrap.. I was wondering how long would it take before you 'the god fearing guy' start attacking the character!! Didn't take long.

And ofcourse, I can find puny WHO reports on different health issues, dating as back as 1952, on WHO and other major medical journal sites...
    But there is not a single shard of reference for anything as big as this. What gives?
    Besides the fact [repeating it again] that NOTHING called 'the Higher Council of the World Health Organization' ever existed.

7. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    OFC the only logical conclusion is that Wikipedia is controlled by Catholic extremists .

8. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to forgive me for not being as gullible mate.. My logical brain enquirers about credible citations..
    I have not seen so many citation needed tag in any article, must be a record!! What gives?

If I had to suspend my logic, I would be up all night waiting for Santa clause, Easter bunny and tooth fairy to show up..

ROTFLMFAO @ scientific evidence..
    You mate sure know how to joke! Really really funny mate, really funny.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  9. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    A non-Catholic source that refers to the scientific investigation by Prof. Linoli:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4950729

His report was published in Quaderni Sclavo di Diagnostica Clinica e di Laboratori in 1971.
    "Quaderni Sclavo di diagnostica clinica e di laboratorio" is a scientific journal, not a religious one:
    http://cat.cisti-icist.nrc-cnrc.gc....e=i&searcharg=0033-4979+&searchscope=1&SORT=R
    http://www.worldcat.org/title/quade...aboratorio/oclc/9357232&referer=brief_results

Search: Linoli O > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed
    I think it is reasonable to accept that Linoli is a real scientist, and that a real scientific investigation took place in 1971.

Biblical proof:
    (John 6:53-59) "53 Jesus therefore said to them, "“Most certainly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you don’t have life in yourselves. 54 He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father; so he who feeds on me, he will also live because of me. 58 This is the bread which came down out of heaven—not as our fathers ate the manna, and died. He who eats this bread will live forever.”" 59 He said these things in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum."

Angelic, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  10. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your own quote says the cloth was for just the head. How is the body imprint on the Turin shroud if it was just around the head?

No, you brought into the debate the fact the blood type is the same as the shroud, therefore, as the shroud is a proven fake then so is the rest of your argument imo.

Bushranger, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  11. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    What the heck I'm looking at?
    huh.jpg

Even if Linoli was a 'real' scientist and he proved that it was 'real' human tissue. Where is the proof that it was something else before?

I'm still waiting for 'WHO' link..

The Webby, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  12. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    The linen (not the cloth) refers to the Shroud of Turin.
    The "cloth" refers to the Sudarium of Oviedo. Read it again: http://www.shroud.com/guscin.htm

I'm guessing you are one of those narrow-minded Protestants who believe that any faith different from their own is necessarily wrong and evil! You seem to ignore the whole scientific research, and just focus on the Shroud of Turin! Can you explain how the flesh and blood were preserved in their natural state for more than 1200 years without any chemical preservatives?

Angelic, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  13. PaulSch

PaulSch Active Member

Best Answers:
    What a load of bigoted, unsubstantiated drivel.

PaulSch, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  14. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As far as we know the priests could have put the tissue or the blood the day before it was sent for testing and you still haven´t shown that the blood and tissue was anything else before. It the guy who did the test, is really a scientist the he must be a pretty stupid one.

gworld, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  15. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    No we don't need to. you have proof that no preservative is used in it. You have no proof that it is indeed 1200 year old..

Get back to me, When the relic has undergone a transparent testing under a panel of doctors and scientists in an transparent environment. and Complete details including procedure of testings, types of testings and finding of the testing are made public.

And when the test proves that it was indeed something else turned into flesh and blood.

I find it hilarious that you need to turn into lunatic theories to prove your faith. Do yourself a favor mate, keep your faith to yourself.. Teach it to your kids, no one is going to give a damn..

Why are you compelled to prove it to entire world and make a mockery out of yourself?

16. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Well you guessed wrong. You can believe whatever God you want to believe in but don't use stupid 'miracles' to prove God exists. You my friend, have God within you. You don't need ANY 'miracles', especially fake ones to prove you exist. Ask and you shall receive, it is your lack of faith that needs to find miracles to believe in Him, and the reason why you gave permission to all here to test your theory.

Put as much faith into believing in yourself as you do into believing in crap and your life will get much better.

Ask yourself, what are you going to do when you find out your miracle is a fake...will that destroy your faith in God too?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  17. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    "In 1973, the Higher Council of the World Health Organization (WHO) appointed a scientific commission to verify the Italian doctor's conclusions. The work was carried out over 15 months with a total of 500 examinations. The conclusions of all the researches confirmed what had been stated and published in Italy. The extract of the scientific research of WHO's medical commission was published in New York and Geneva in 1976, confirming science's inability to explain the phenomenon."

Angelic, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  18. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Miracle of ASS- Jesus changing to a donkey 2000 years ago in front of large crowd after priest saying some nonsense.

[​IMG]

In 1973, the Higher Council of the World Health Organization (WHO) appointed a scientific commission to verify the Italian doctor's conclusions. The work was carried out over 15 months with a total of 500 examinations. The conclusions of all the researches confirmed what had been stated and published in Italy. The extract of the scientific research of WHO's medical commission was published in New York and Geneva in 1976, confirming science's inability to explain the phenomenon of how Jesus is such ass.

Latest update :We were informed that Higher Council of the World Health Organization doesn´t exist but it doesn´t change the fact that Jesus is still an ASS.

gworld, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  19. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:

But mate, that was debunked by the High Inquisitor of UN..

By the way, I remember this beautiful quote:

20. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    I'm guessing Jesus was sitting on it before he magically turned into the Ass. Look at the proof, I can see Jesus's legs right there above the forelegs. That photo was obviously taken during the transition, or maybe just after. I didn't know Jesus was black though there's the proof, and I did read he was black on one of the sites I visited today. And, gee, something else I just noticed, he was short and kinda skinny huh judging by those legs.