1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Atheism's Unanswerable Question:

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Nehemiah, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Atheists don't claim to be able to explain everything. Obviously there is a great deal about the universe we (human kind) do not yet understand. Not being able to understand something is no excuse to make up a story to explain it.

If you look at history you'll see that people have always made up myths to explain the things they did not yet understand. Today there are still things we do not understand (the complexity of reality means that that is likely to always be the case) and thus there are still people making up myths to explain those things away.

Zibblu, Feb 28, 2009 IP
  2. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Was the big bang God exploding dense matter it the "middle" on the universe. Then returning to some planet that we call Earth and created life on it and talk to Moses about writing about the earth and life creation in majestic words? "Behold" not "e=mc2" verbage?

eric8476, Feb 28, 2009 IP
  3. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    If you'd spend a little more time studying up on that which you are down on [THE WORD of GOD/"The Bible"], and stop so much of that "laughing again (@ you)", just to keep from crying about yourself, you'd know that Centuries before we discovered it within the last century, that it had already been documented in Scripture, that there were "the springs of the sea" from the Book of Job 38:16.
    You can go back to crying now!:D

Actually, what's "absurd" is all your posturing about what you deemed as "contradictions" and/or "inconsistencies" in Scripture (in other threads in this Forum), yet you've not produced so much as one.

Ain't as "funny" as you once thought it to be, huh???:D

Nehemiah, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  4. leandar

leandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Universe has no Beginning nor Ending

leandar, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  5. koan

koan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here are few:

A List of Biblical Contradictions

Good reading.

koan, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  6. jumpboy11jaop

jumpboy11jaop Peon

Best Answers:
    That is christianity's unanswerable question. I think I'll make a thread.

jumpboy11jaop, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  7. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The universe is, was, and always has been. There is no beginning, there is no end, and we are all just trotting along in the third dimension, while traveling a fourth dimensional linear path. There can be no beginning to what has no end. Stop trying to make it more than it is.

Jackuul, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  8. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter how large and colorful you may write it; nor how you state it and/or attempt to reconcile it, atheism's science god doesn't state that. Nor can all of science come to a majority consensus concerning the question of, "Where Did the Universe Come From???"

In fact the science that all 'ats' believe in and/or worship has only come up with one thing, and one thing only, that all of science can agree on (come to the same consensus of). . .and sadly for them:eek:, its found (and has its origin) in Scripture. . .long before science was discovered. . .and maybe even existed.:D

I'm going to let you pick out two, that I'll deal with right away. I will eventually deal with them all. But for the time being, I'll deal with the following:
    #1 "God good to all, or just a few?
    PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
    JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them."

Psalm 145:9 is taken out of context (like saying, ". . .Money is the root of all evil", instead of, "The love of money is the root of all evil"). To properly understand verse 9, it must be read in conjunction with verse 8 as well.
    Taking that in consideration, it would read, "The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.". Note the phrase, "slow to anger"; the implication is that, just like you, GOD gets angry. When and where, is for HIM as GOD to determine. But the same rain that HE provides for the crops of those who believe on HIM, is the same exact rain, that HE provides for those who don't believe on HIM, (you for example). You get the same Sunlight that I do. You breathe the same air that I breathe. You may even outlive me Physically; and I'm a believer on HIM, and you're not.
    Now then, Jeremiah 13:14: Try reading it in its proper context, and don't forget verse 10, which states: "This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.". Does this remind you of any person you know?

No contradictions there. So now, what two would you like for me to deal with next???

And the question on the floor is still,
    "Where Did the Universe Come From???"

Nehemiah, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  9. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    The universe did not come from anything. It just is. Until you can disprove me, I have as just a valid theory as yours, if not more so. If the universe has infinite time, and there are more than one, it has always been and will always be. There was no creation or beginning. There is no end. It just is.

Jackuul, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  10. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmmmmm, you just may be on to something here:confused:. But before I agree too much with you, I need to know what your definition of the "universe" is? Is it just the space? Is it the space and the matter? Is is also the atmosphere? Just how are you defining "universe"?

Nehemiah, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  11. Rub3X

Rub3X Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe

Why bother embarrassing yourself arguing about things in which you have no idea wtf you're talking about?

Rub3X, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  12. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, sounds like someone needs changing.:cool:

Nehemiah, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How did God tell you these things? Did God use phone, fax or instant messaging? Do you hear any voices inside your head? :rolleyes::D

gworld, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  14. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    Universe as in the existence of our third dimension, and the rest. The multiverse is grand, and inside of each different universe there are variations for everything and all. Some might seem identical, but different in that one small change happened. Limitless in nature, grand in scope, comprehensible only at the large scale - I find it comforting to know that in an alternative universe things are being played out from every point in time differently. From big bangs and crunches, to even our trivial affairs of life - from one universe where Bob ate a taco, to another where he skipped lunch and all the differences from that point on.

It's an abstract idea, but every single moment of every single life has a choice, and the choice one makes always has many different possibilities - each one its own universe. It's an idea, and it is likely that we're not that important, but it has always been, and will always be. That means everything.

Time, of course, is our perception of the fourth dimension, and time can be manipulated, bent, folded, and changed. Black holes prove this - time can be warped by enough mass, and enough energy.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

Watch the 1th dimension.

Jackuul, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  15. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! Good one gworld! You got jokes:D!

BTW, what's 'gworld' short for, GOD's World?:eek:

Nehemiah, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  16. gweb

gweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're whats known in the real world as an 'A-Grade' idiot. The answer has been given to you by so many in this thread. The atheist standpoint has been shown to you and with all the humble pie of acknowledging that these are theories based on evidence and on other aspects and discoveries. You have a book full of fantasy to cling to... fine, but those of us with sense and those of us who rely more on logic, proof and evidence will see through you and your kind for infinity. The bible is dying - christianity is dying :eek: after you're gone; in another few generations it will be considered a cult and not long after that, it will be a part of mythology, much like we look back upon Greek mythology nowadays. Remember Thor, the lord of lightning... no you wouldn't would you :rolleyes:

I know you feel all warm inside dreaming of your big friend god, but know this - you are fighting a losing battle; however you wish to look at the situation. Atheists and open minded people the world over are slowly chipping away and the stupidity and hypocrisy of the christian regime and the book of lies that is the bible. "gods word" is a virus dealt on us in many forms; be it christianity, islam or any other 'tunnel vision' faith system.

We will win - we are winning and the future is indeed bright!!!!!!!

gweb, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  17. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    No, we're not winning the minds and hearts. We're losing them.

The number of those who identified with religion rose for the past eight years straight, while those who sided with reason, agnosticism, or atheism have declined.

A losing battle for hearts and minds, thanks to the mass media, and the fact that so many people are dependent and not self reliant. It's easier to love the lie than to embrace the truth - regardless. Belittling science, attributing to God all of Man's work, and the devaluation of our own ingenuity will lead us to ruin faster and faster.

We're circling the drain as a species, and if this keeps up the U.S. will be the first to go I fear. However, this is the case in the United States. Thankfully, other countries with their societies are not quite so easy to pull the wool over. Although our Constitution is dead, there are some alternates - however few and unlike the US.

Jackuul, Mar 1, 2009 IP
  18. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's been pretty obvious to me for a while now.

Nehemia tries to make arguments from the position of ignorance. "We don't know, therefore it must be God".

Prime example of the type of thinking that causes people to need God in the first place. This guy is textbook.

GeorgeB., Mar 1, 2009 IP
  19. Rub3X

Rub3X Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the only logical explanation to such incredible stupidity is the work of a troll.

Rub3X, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not joking. You posted that God has told you these things and not religion, so I want to know where, when and how God communicated with you. ;)

gworld, Mar 2, 2009 IP