1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Atheism is the new religion

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Rez-G, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    oh...let's just throw another label on me shall we? I am not a creationist. Creationists believe the earth was built in 6 literal days.

In regards to cell theory and all those other theories, what makes you say I would refute these theories? That's an assumption on your part. However, it depends on what "angle" the theory is being explained. For one to have a theory, one must have a conclusion. Hence, where we differ.

Cheap SEO Services, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  2. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, It's a conclusion based on deductive logic. You have a problem with evolutionary theory because, in your words, "Theory is just theory. Not proof", Ignoring the FACT that a theory can never be proof because it isn't a rung on the ladder of certainty. A "theory" is an explanation of facts. A theory NEVER becomes a proof. it can't because that isn't what it does.

So given that you disbelieve in evolution on the grounds that it is "just theory" you should also disbelieve in cells, tides, knots, gravity and germs because each can be succeeded with the word "theory" when the facts are being put into an explanation. Or are those areas of science safe because they don't contradict your magical book? :rolleyes:

You continuously rest on this intentional misrepresentation and deliberate misunderstanding of what a theory is. How many times do i have to explain it to you before you feel your intellectual dishonesty becomes so obvious that you are no longer able to continue with this fraudulent charade?

No, one doesn't. To have a theory one must have a set of data and facts. From this set of data and facts an explanation of their relationship is formulated.

stOx, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  3. thekramershow

thekramershow Banned

Best Answers:
    KILL ME.:rolleyes:

thekramershow, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  4. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    fraud?? wow..any more labels you wanna throw?? You can have the last word. There's no point in even speaking to you anymore because you simply can not allow anyone else to have a different view to your view.

Here's something I read recently and made me think of you:

An atheist lecturer in a Russian prison camp was giving lectures about atheism to a group of believers in God, in the hope that the believers would be convinced God did not exist. Here's the conversation:

Woman from the audience: "What would you call a person who stands in a field and yells, "I'll kill you!" when there's no one around?"

Lecturer: "Well you could hardly call him smart"

Woman from the audience: "If God does not exist, why fight against him? If he doesn't exist, then there is no one to fight with."

Cheap SEO Services, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is this another one of these made up "quotes" that always seem to involve an idiot and a science person with the idiot seemingly getting the upper hand?

The lecturer would have replied "Nobody is fighting god, Atheists just disbelieve he exists.. What atheists fight is religion, something which is very real and very much has the capacity to harm us, our children and our civilisation."

stOx, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  6. bogtab

bogtab Peon

Best Answers:
    While Christians are in church, Atheists stand in fields?

bogtab, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  7. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    It's an illustration to make a point.

Cheap SEO Services, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  8. bogtab

bogtab Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh really....:eek:

bogtab, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  9. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    God is very real.

Realer than the real deal Holyfield.

webwork, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  10. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amen Webwork:)

pingpong123, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  11. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The world of theism: Where arguments, critical thinking and logic are replaced with statements that two or more people can agree on. :rolleyes:

stOx, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  12. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    I as going to make a witty comment about atheists, then I remembered all my atheist friends and how open minded they are and how quickly they will admit they don't believe in the forms of deity they have been presented, and how they do not KNOW there is no such thing they just don't believe. You on the other hand are a whole other breed, something akin to an antitheist perhaps, or maybe a militant atheist?

earthfaze, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't claimed to know that there isn't a god, I only claim that the arguments for the existence of god are fatuous, infantile, wishful thinking and illogical. Sorry for pointing that out and disrupting the mutual agree-a-thon that was inevitably going to occur between the theists.

stOx, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  14. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Nah my fault for assuming you did claim the nonexistence of God. I posted this before, my little "theory" of God, I'll post it again and you can pick it apart if you like. I will go ahead and point out that it is not evidence at all, just a less than infantile argument for the possibility.

If you define God as I do, as everything manifest and unmanifest and also something that is omniscient, then to prove God's existence is as easy as proving that everything shares a collective conscious. Jung seemed to think it likely, but of course proving it is, so far beyond the realm of human possibility.

First we would have to be able to define and quantify the totally of reality. Then we would have to see if all things in that reality where conscious. And finally we would have to discover if all those things shared some part of that consciousness.

If all things created and all things yet to be created, including thoughts, feelings, ideas, and emotions constitute the totality of all reality, including inner reality such as the subconscious, then it is not a very far step to believe that some part of that reality is shared across space/time with everything. That is to say that reality has some consciousness of itself that is shared with everything reality contains. Even if that sharing is as simple as the fact that everything has a consciousness.

The question is "If I am conscious of my existence, is existence conscious of itself and if so then does that make it conscious of all selves." The question is too big to even put odds on. You can't even say it's 50/50 whether or not there is a conscious all knowing power to the universe, because even the term universe is a placeholder word for all things, which of course we do not know of "all things".

So there is your logical argument for the possibility of a God. It is as possible that reality knows itself as it is that you do. Of course this is all philosophy.

earthfaze, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As far as arguments for the possibility of god go it's a pretty good one. It seems to be a kind of buddhist/deist approach to god, Something which i don't really have much of a problem with. I don't think it's right, but i don't have a problem with it.

I have a lot of time for philosophical arguments for the existence of a deist god, But very little time for the theist approach that god DOES exist, He DOES listen to prayers and he DOES want them to hate particular groups of people. And nothing is going to change thier mind.

stOx, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  16. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Using a term like "him" to describe a potential god implies that the god has a personality & thought processes (and male genitalia). What could possibly lead to such a hypothesis?

eXe, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  17. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    The Bible portrays him as a father figure. Hence, why "HIM" is used. It's just a way we can relate to God.

Cheap SEO Services, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  18. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually relate more to God as a mother figure, one with really large breasts who smells like flowers, but when I said that in church they called me a heretic.

earthfaze, Jul 18, 2008 IP
    eXe likes this.
  19. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Religion hates women.

stOx, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  20. ChristopherSunderland

ChristopherSunderland Peon

Best Answers:
    9/10 of the world are religious.

There are 1 Billion Catholic (Christians) And 700 Million Protestants (So called Christians:rolleyes:) And about 1 Billion Muslims, and other significant religions such as Buddhist, Jewish etc.

ChristopherSunderland, Aug 3, 2008 IP