1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Atheism is the new religion

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Rez-G, Dec 28, 2006.

Hah, looking around now, and around my hood, (Im 15) me and everyone around me and there friends, etc are starting to find the facts to your disease called religion, call this a rant, call it what you will, but whateva.

k, so seeing as how everyone is born with there parents culture or deen, if your parents are christain than YOUR christain, if your parents are muslim, your muslim, etc I say that is bullshit, from a very young age I started to question my faith and as I looked deeper into it, I realized what a load of bullochs it was, honestly if each human was clear of mind, and was presented with

A) Atheism
    B) Religion

Gauranteed 9/10 people would go with atheism, it makes much more sense, religion was developed so long AGO, it was used to explain the unexplainable, instead of lighting striking and creating fire, it was god, but soon we got the real facts, but people still hide behind blind faith in order to ... feel more in there comfort zone, the thought of rotting in the ground after you die isn't enough to satisfy some hicks, so we rely on religion. Instead of brainwashing your fucking kids how bout giving them what man has wanted all along? - FREEDOM. Freedom of choice. Freedom of some bullshit 2000 year old book written by some hippies telling them to live there life, I was born a Muslim, after we moved from Iran, my mom declared she didn't give a fuck about reiligion anymore, and thats saying ALOT coming from a muslim struck country, we saw what it did to people, as now why the fuck do people still follow the bullshit is what I want to know, can't you accept real facts, listen to modern life scientist instead of some book.. wow, well yeah if you think im a traiter for turning on a religion then fuck you, its my choice and whatever the fuck i wana do, well with that I say fuck religion, and soon I hope our generation is the one that WIPES IT FROM HISTORY!

:)

With that I leave you with a picture.
    Thankyou.

[​IMG]
    (BTW, don't mention the irony of my title)

Rez-G, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  2. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    From the language you used in that post I could tell you are 15. Nice to place the bold language in a conversation about religion. :rolleyes:

Give yourself a couple of years then come back to us. After all I was in the same "I dont give a feck" mode when I was going through the "teens".

cormac, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  3. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yours will be a short stay on Digital Point if you continue using that kind of language.

Jim4767, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  4. Austars

Austars Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Tapion, why are you here?

Austars, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  5. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    www.agnosticforums.com

Not an atheist community by a long shot but we'll probably take some of that misdirected and somewhat off base energey and make you really think about what you're saying.

GeorgeB., Dec 28, 2006 IP
  6. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are still conforming Tapion.

Instead of listening to your parents and regurgitating what they say about religion you are watching movies of Richard Dawkins on youtube and regurgitating what he has said about atheism.

Atheism isn't about simply going along with what someone else has said, that is what religion is, Atheism is about coming to a conclusion of your own and finding out that others have come to the same, or similar, conclusion as you have.

Let me guess... You found your new "faith" as a result of the influx of athiest videos posted on digg.

stOx, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  7. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    You were right. He is banned already!

cormac, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  8. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, you are so full of wisdom! Your age clearly shows that you have a lot to learn.

As far as my personal relationship with God, I couldn't be more satisfied with life.

MattKNC, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  9. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    No doubt why there's so many atheists nowadays..

[​IMG]

latehorn, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  10. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    If God loves us so much then why does the sun cause cancer?

KalvinB, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  11. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    Dunno :confused:
    Just found the image on another forum.

latehorn, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  12. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    I like those questions because they're pretty rediculous but they do make you think. It all basically boils down to being our fault. But by the grace of God we have sunscreen. At the same time that spending all our time in the sun gives us cancer, spending alot of time in the sun is good for plants.

Did you know that God can make a rock so heavy he can't lift it?

All God has to do is say "I forbid myself from lifting anything more than X pounds" and then create a rock that weighs just a bit more.

God is bound only by His own laws. That's why he can't force us to do things and treat us like puppets. In a way we are the rocks that God cannot lift.

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? As many as God allows.

KalvinB, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  13. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Would the sun cause cancer if stupid humans had not put those gases in the atmosphere? And as far as skin cancer goes (which is caused by the sun), it is one of the easiest to cure. Is the cure a gift from God?

d16man, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  14. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    God also gave us food - eat too much or too little and it can kill you, eat the wrong things and it can kill you.

God gave us oxygen - breathe too much or too little and it can kill you. (yes too much oxygen can kill a person)

Gravity is great but it can kill you too!

debunked, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  15. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly, it's our fault. And by God's mercy we have scientists that can undo the stupid we have done.

KalvinB, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  16. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tapion, you're an idiot. Learn how to spell and find something else to do.

BRUm, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  17. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    I believe in a higher power but I still prefer an atheist to a fundamentalist anyday.

darksat, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  18. Person

Person Guest

Best Answers:
    There are good arguments for atheism. Tapion's are not among them.

Person, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  19. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    atheism is the new religion, just like not playing football is the new sport

ferret77, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Atheism is a religion. It's just that in Atheism, man and god are the same. :)

The worse thing about Athiesm is how poorly behaved and uncivil many atheists are. We are responsible for the generally poor reputation which Atheism has gained.

Many people find that religion helps them in their lives. That's their business, not ours. There's nothing worse than an Atheist proselytizer. When a person is ready for Atheism, they will see the truth themselves.

Religionists have an excuse to proselytize, which is that they honestly believe that the persons they are attempting to convert will suffer eternal damnation if they do not convert. We Atheists have no such excuse.

Will.Spencer, Jan 3, 2007 IP
    JohnScott and dotcompals like this.