1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

At a loss

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by billathome65, Mar 5, 2017.

Ok I'm confused.

I do not have the FB messenger app on my phone or on a tablet. I have a few people who I have turned chat off on, on FB however one of the blocked chat people have become upset with me because they have seen that I am talking to others but not him. As to not upset this person I said I have not been on chat at which point he produced his phone went to messenger on his phone and it clearly shows that I was online needless to say this has caused some friction now because they know I have lied??? It was my understanding that if you turn of chat with a person they could not see you on there?? That's all well and good but useless if each time you reply to others it shows on their phone??? This issue means that there is no privacy using Facebook I did not want to block this person from FB just be invisible and have some privacy of who I chat with as this person is quite paranoid and inserts themselves in every conversation I have Whats going on here???? Confused as hell! :-(

billathome65, Mar 5, 2017 IP
  2. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow billathome65, this is quite the dilemma! With Facebook designed to be a "social platform", many of the features are geared just around that, to be social. Having said that, Facebook doesn't lend itself to a great deal of customization of your security / visibility. In most cases it's either all or none with some variations in between.

What I mean by that is your options are generally public, block, or "unfriend" someone. I don't know if it's available to allow someone to see your posts but hide your chat status from them at the same time. If you "unfriend" someone they can still see your status, your wall posts, etc. but they can't communicate with you or post on your wall. If you "block" them though, you suddenly "vanish" from them. In other words, as far as they are concerned, you no longer exist and they will not be able to find you on Facebook even if they search for your name.

So again, it appears the way Facebook is set up, in most cases it's all or nothing. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Hope it all works out for you. :)

Dana C. Beck, Mar 6, 2017 IP
  3. Moloove

Moloove Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that we havn't completely confidential messenger. Only personal communication can be safe. It's true.

Moloove, Jul 25, 2018 IP
  4. Joy Ana

Joy Ana Peon

Best Answers:
    So true, facebook can get you in real trouble. Best thing is just delete people you don't really know. Or back to writing letters :)

Joy Ana, Jul 30, 2018 IP