1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Associate-o-matic

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Iago, Jul 20, 2006.

1. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is great that your getting Google traffic on AOM - how did you achieve this? Have you got any examples?

freshdevelopment, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  2. VideoDetective

VideoDetective Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Fresh,

Well a big part of it is article writing. I wrote relevant articles, submitted them to directories, and the backlinks really helped. I also posted those links on my own high trafficked blogs which helped. Honestly, I can't tell you why specific products rank better than others. I have two health food/dieting stores and for one specific product I get a lot of search traffic but that same search doesn't do a thing for the other website that is practically identical. Same for my clothing stores.

VideoDetective, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  3. buyerspace.com

buyerspace.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I just installed aom on http://www.buyerspace.com, looks not bad, but need more tweaking, it's a tough job :(

buyerspace.com, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  4. freshdevelopment

Best Answers:
    Your problem with this site is that you have no unique content, no added value and your promoting all the products that Amazon offer. You need to create great websites, not take shortcuts.

freshdevelopment, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  5. AndrewH

AndrewH Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking of using AOM for a local Amazon market (DE) and am still wondering if it actualy is any good. I don't want something that will only work for a couple of months. From what I understand in this thread some people manage to make it work and some people get blacklisted. I have considered a niche and from my current research it seems it would work, but as I already sayed, I would like for it to be a long time investment.

I have payed around in the past with the free version, never actually made a store. It seemed to have a lot of potential. Is the latest version capable of keeping it fresh?
    I am still open to other scripts so if someone can suggest something better?

Can someone please post some information on how they manage to keep the content from being blocked, and of course some effective results for an average AOM store would be nice. (numbers, in a month or year).

Thank you.

AndrewH, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  6. freshdevelopment

Best Answers:
    From my research into AOM the stores that don't get blocked are pretty much just lucky. There are some examples of AOM stores (and aStores) ranking for some medium traffic keywords, but they are few and far between compared to the number of AOM stores out there.

The problem is they don't offer unique content. You need to build something that offers value to the visitors and will continue to do so over time. Unique, good quality content is the only way forward.

Find something that will let you build a unique and high quality store.

freshdevelopment, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  7. pixads

pixads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been wondering when will you stop promoting your solution by blaming other products. You can do lot's of stuff with AOM including adding unique content and even custom reviews of the products. And pricewise you know that AOM is way ahead of you.

From all of my stores only 3 have been deindexed which in percentage is quite low. I guess I should be called the luckiest guy in the world

pixads, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  8. freshdevelopment

Best Answers:
    I am offering my advice and opinion to people here to stop them wasting time, as I have been doing for years. If you create a blog that offers reviews, good content etc. you are likely to do well - you don't need to use my solution and I am not plugging it. But you do need to start creating good quality websites. I am sick of people trying to take shortcuts by creating spammy stores, sites, blogs etc. that clog up the web and waste everyones time.

There is no silver bullet - you have to put in the work and create something great that people want to use.

Your sites may not have been deindexed but are they ranking for high traffic search terms? Google don't deindex thin affiliate sites - they penalise them. For the ones that are deindexed.. do you not worry that this will happen to your others and undo all your hard work?

If you are creating stores with no unique content and getting good search engine rankings then I would be interested to know. I am open to this if I am wrong and have no problem admitting it - do you have any examples?

freshdevelopment, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  9. pixads

pixads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do have examples of well possitioned store that do well. It does take alot of work to get them there.

Most of the AOM stores rank better if you target the long tails like product names and models

pixads, Nov 29, 2010 IP