1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

asp or php?

Discussion in 'C#' started by bilalpakistani, Jun 16, 2012.

1. furqanartists

furqanartists Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you should start php and it is easy to learn!

furqanartists, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  2. DaveInFL

DaveInFL Peon

Best Answers:
    I would go with asp.net due to the free visual web developer IDE. By far better than any php ide. Another plus to the .NET framework is that most of your code will work with any other windows platform.

For example, you create an asp.net website to look up case law, with just a few changes in code, even the ui event code, you can create a desktop application that does the same thing. You can also use the same code to create WCF / WSDL services that other users can tap into via asp.net site, silverlight, flex, flash, windows phone, desktop winform applications, wpf applications. PHP can't do this and this is an important feature.

Sure you can code all of them in different languages and cobble it together but when you're hustling to try and make it on your own or work at a firm where the guy that gets it done keeps his job .NET is the clear choice.

DaveInFL, Jul 9, 2012 IP
  3. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    You can start with ASP.NET ,with C#.
    it is secured than php ,more over it's a frame work.

lolpasslol, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  4. veganin

veganin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Go with ASP.NET, C# and MVC (as opposed to WebForms). This, in addition to great libraries and IDE, will give you total control of the generated markup.
    .NET may be not as easy to start with as PHP due to very rich IDE that may confuse you at the beginning, but its definitely worth the learning curve.

veganin, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  5. Dynamo_M

Dynamo_M Guest

Best Answers:
    When you say ASP I sincerely hope you mean ASP.NET MVC, saying ASP (especially in MS realms) means classic ASP which no longer exists and ASP.NET refers to WebForms which is awful outside of intranet like situations or situations where intensive and powerful server features are required

Both PHP and C# are easy to learn, you should have any issue learning both, I am not sure why people are saying PHP is easier, C# has far more features than PHP however. C# is strongly typed where as PHP isnt, with C# you get an enormous amount of features that can be applied to applications, databases, websites, services etc, PHP is strictly a web language.

ASP.NET MVC is growing more and more popular day by day much like ROR, it is really best you pick one of those two for web development unless you plan to work with PHP in the future, honestly PHP is inferior when compared to ASP.NET MVC / ROR, you will likely have to do your own research on the matter and may need to try all 3, but honestly go for ROR / ASP.NET MVC, it will save you a lot of time in the future.

Dont pick ASP.NET WebForms, its only really suitable for rapid enterprise development where internet speed isnt an issue for all users ie an intranet that has no server restrictions.

Dynamo_M, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  6. ronitmathurseo

ronitmathurseo Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Billal, I think you should learn ASP.net. PHP is only for Web Development. But by learning ASP.net you can also work on system software. Also ASP.net have cloud computing, Silver light, MVC etc. these tool make your website more attractive than other and also these have more functionality than PHP.

ronitmathurseo, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  7. josephjohn4556

josephjohn4556 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PHP is easy BUT good concept of programming language asp.net..

josephjohn4556, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  8. spencerwebb

spencerwebb Peon

Best Answers:
    ASP and PHP both language used for build dynamic website. I prefer PHP is easy to learn.

spencerwebb, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  9. newyorkitservice

newyorkitservice Peon

Best Answers:
    asp means active sever pages it include vb script and java script.

newyorkitservice, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  10. abhishekabhi

abhishekabhi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    HI

php is easy compare to asp.net.

abhishekabhi, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  11. alamlinks

alamlinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am with asp.Net

alamlinks, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  12. adamscot

adamscot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PHP is much easier than ASP...,

adamscot, Sep 6, 2012 IP
  13. dwirch

dwirch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love all these responses. They make me giggle.

All this "PHP is better!" and "ASP(.Net) is better!" reminds me of the Linux/Apple/Windows wars, wherein OS zealots try to push their favorite OS onto unsuspecting noobs in order to further the lineage of zealotry. Rather than just say xxx platform is best, why not explain why you think it is so?

If you want a free or low cost solution go with a LAMP stack. There is a large and growing community of developers out there that can help you with any roadblocks you might encounter. Caveat Emptor - the guy you thought was an expert may be giving you wrong or incomplete information. Do your research, and use the logical part of your mind when troubleshooting.

ASP.Net is similar in that there is a large community of developers out there willing to help you out. Microsoft even has these really cool knowledgebases called TechNet and MSDN, wherein you can find everything you need to know about .Net. If you get really stuck, you can actually call MS developer support, and they can help. Enterprise companies usually have a Premier Support Agreement that allows you to call anytime.

The thing is, once you learn one of them, you'll be able to look at a chunk of code from the other language and know what it does. It all comes down to suitability to the task at hand. For example, if you are working for a client that runs a *nix based environment, they're probably going to want a LAMP solution. If you are working for a client that is mainly a Windows based shop, they'll probably want a .Net based solution.

I guess what I am trying to say is, learn them both. Failing that, if you choose one over the other, don't be ignorant of the other.

dwirch, Sep 16, 2012 IP
  14. havilove

havilove Member

Best Answers:
    php is easy but i love asp

havilove, Sep 17, 2012 IP
  15. alamlinks

alamlinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like ASP.Net!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alamlinks, Sep 17, 2012 IP
  16. vnit969

vnit969 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you learning asp.net or php replace asp
    Now I Program Asp.net using c# using development web application

vnit969, Sep 17, 2012 IP
  17. hmoviez

hmoviez Peon

Best Answers:
    asp is more convenient than php,but php is an open source.

hmoviez, Sep 18, 2012 IP
  18. Kousha

Kousha Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no difference at the end, feel free to start any one you can! it's not hard to switch between them.
    No body can define which language is better.

Kousha, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  19. WeddiGo

WeddiGo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ASP is easy

WeddiGo, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  20. jenely

jenely Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion Php is too good better than ASP.php is user friendly and easy to use.

jenely, Sep 23, 2012 IP