1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Asp.net with C#. Urgent Help

Discussion in 'C#' started by bhuppi890109, Jun 3, 2013.

Hi,

Regarding Asp.net C#.
    Can anybody tell the concept of public search engine.. what is concept behind it. Is there any usage of database or any other thing.

I want to create a website like www.grotal.com. Where a user can search anything in a selected country and city.

Thanks in advance.

bhuppi890109, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  2. annaharris

annaharris Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have no idea regarding the concept of public search engine in Asp.Net. Can you please let me know for what purpose it is used?

annaharris, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  3. acidwater

acidwater Banned

Best Answers:
    For making search engines you have to make crawlers and for that just asp.net technology is not enough i will see very less use of database in the search engine crawlers

acidwater, Jun 5, 2013 IP
    Pro Designz likes this.
  4. AWEOluwatobi

AWEOluwatobi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    well,the idea of a good search engine is not limited to just one technology like c#.it has to do with the design of a custom algorithm for efficient search.
    From my understanding,you.l have to create a robot or small app that will crawl the web,you'l then store the crawled information on disk or database depending on the kind of information you crawling......you.l then create a kind of index for those content youv crawled.it's that index that you.l implement your search on and users will get result real fast......i can break this down into a 3 step solution.
    Determine the kind of information to crawl online
    Determine the best way to store the crawled information
    Index the crawled content and implement a search for this crawled content.
    There is a library,Lucene.Net which is very good for indexing and search,you can google it to get more information about it.

AWEOluwatobi, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  5. SHASHI BHUSHAN

SHASHI BHUSHAN Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You want to make a complete search engine. So, first understand how so such search engine (google, bing, yahoo, grotal) work and why they differ from each other.
    Basically search engine can be divided into 3 major parts.
    1. Crawler - tool/ software/ web service OR anything that collects information.
    2. Database - storage where crawler store all data (could be any database or file system).
    3. Search algo - A program that understand your queries and fetch data from own database as a search result.

Technology is not a limitation for creating a search engine. You can create a great search engine using ASP.Net MVC and Sql Server.

SHASHI BHUSHAN, Sep 12, 2013 IP