1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

asp.net Master Page - Content Page

Discussion in 'C#' started by Shaokan, Apr 7, 2011.

Hi there,

I have a repeater control in master page that fetches categories from Sql. Since these categories are common in some of the pages I decided to put the code in the master page. However, the user can create more categories from a content page and here the problem emerges. Since in the page life cycle events in the content page are executed after master page controls are created, when a user creates a category refreshing the page becomes compulsory in order to see the category created. As I don't want to refresh the page automatically, can anyone suggest me another way to handle this problem?

Shaokan, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  2. miguelf

miguelf Member

Best Answers:
    You have 3 options: 1) refresh the page, 2) use AJAX or 3) add another control after the repeater control that is updated with the inserted data, when no data is added only the data from the repeater control is visible, when data is added then data from the repeater and the other control is visible.

miguelf, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  3. bhuppi890109

bhuppi890109 Member

Best Answers:
    hey if you dont want to refresh the page automatically then use the ajax tools such as panel tool,update pannel for updating a specific part of page. search for this. if you will not find the solution then pm me i will tell you how to do this

bhuppi890109, Apr 14, 2011 IP