1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ASP.NET & IIS issue , W3WP is crashing with high CPU load and SQL is also crashing

Discussion in 'C#' started by 7creations, Jul 11, 2010.

hello all,
    ok nothing in details, just one bottom line as I am confused now
    I have made a website in asp.net just like a shopping one.

all was going well, when I saw w3wp.exe and sql server started using huge ram and huge cpu and crashed again and again

my code seems to be fine though

any idea you guys can put up here ?

IIS it is v6

7creations, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  2. xtrecoolx

xtrecoolx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well it is usually the code that's causing this issue. One thing you may want to try is to increase number of work threads for the application pool. In this way, if one of them crashes the other one should be still working. If you are new to ASP, then I am sure its the code :) And most probably the reason is that the sql server connections are not closed.

xtrecoolx, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  3. 7creations

7creations Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the reply, I will check that and post back soon.

7creations, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  4. c_programmer

c_programmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Its been more than a year and a half so I may not remember the issue in perfect detail, but I recall having this issue where I used to work. It was caused by too many connections at once, we enabled and used persistent connections. This solved the problem.

c_programmer, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  5. Xyle83

Xyle83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Since both the database and iis is craching I would advice trying to run a profiler like dotnet and see why the cpu load is so high. You could also use the sqlprofiler and see which queries are been sent to it. If you're using ms database its also possible to see the active threads with the activity monitor in case there are some open connections.

Xyle83, Aug 11, 2010 IP