1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ASP.NET Help With Visual Studio Site.master

Discussion in 'Programming' started by minhazikram, Apr 27, 2013.

First of all, i was not able to find any asp.net section or any section for visual studio 2010 therefore am posting here.

In the previous visual studio such as 2008, when we create new website from the FILE option or by pressing Shift+Alt+N. The default page which comes up was a simple one. but in visual web developer 2010 there seems to come a site.master along with the default page.

How can i create the default page without site.master in visual studio 2012. Please asp.net masters help me.

Thankyou
    minhazikram, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  2. wren11

wren11 Member

Best Answers:
    if you don't want a master page you can just remove the files from the solution, then just remove the MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" from the .aspx file.
    wren11, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  3. wren11

wren11 Member

Best Answers:
    Also, you can just try creating an empty website next time, with just the web.config and then add a new page rather then adding a master page in conjunction with a content page.
    wren11, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  4. minhazikram

minhazikram Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thankyou for the answer. But still there are some confusions.

After creating an empty web site then there is option for creating web form, site master but i want to create a default page that is buil up when creating default web page in visual studio 2008
    minhazikram, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  5. wren11

wren11 Member

Best Answers:
    that would be an empty web form your looking for, all pages will have a code behind, Uncheck when selecting it so it won't put the code behind in another cs file if you desire.
    wren11, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  6. wren11

wren11 Member

Best Answers:
    what i mean is, to create an empty default.cs page with no associated master page, just add new item -> Web Form -> Uncheck the "Place code in seperate file" should you just prefer your server side code to be inline with the default page.
    wren11, Apr 27, 2013 IP