1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ASP.NET help I'm new

Discussion in 'C#' started by bluntmastr420, Apr 8, 2006.

Does anybody know anything about ASP.NET for designing webpages. I need help with the graphical designing you can do where you drop and drag different componets but I really could use some good intro tutorials and I haven't found any while I was searching the web. I basically want to creat visual please websites that have some neat and cool tricks. All info is appreciated. Thanks.

bluntmastr420, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  2. superclick

superclick Peon

Best Answers:
    Go to www.asp.net. There is a lot of useful infoinformation about asp.net on that site.

superclick, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  3. brian394

brian394 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft makes a product called Visual Web Developer which is exactly what you're describing. Do a search for it in Google. It's included in Visual Studio and there's also a free trial available on Microsoft's website.

If you want to learn how to use it do a search for

Visual Web Developer for Beginners

in Google and you can download some free video tutorials from Microsoft.

You should also look into PHP for web development. PHP is free, open-source and there are tutorials for it everywhere (especially www.php.net). I think it's much better overall than ASP.

brian394, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  4. jaymcc

jaymcc Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

Just wanted to clarify brian394's response.

MS also offer a free web developer called Visual Web Develper 2005 Express Edition. During signup at MS site you actually register for some online courses etc which are really good.

Link to download: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/

Thanks

J

jaymcc, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  5. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes! Grab Visual Web Developer Express but don't forget SQL Server Express as well. Both are free tools. BUT, if you are going to develop database apps with SQL Server Express, you actually have to make sure the server is running on the hosted webserver when you distribute your apps. Below are some KICK BUTT video tutorials that will seriously help you with development. I suggest watching them all:

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/02/26/439088.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/learning/learn/newtodevelopment/default.aspx

Trust me with this...you will just be blown away by the power of .NET 2.0

tonyrocks, Apr 12, 2006 IP
  6. MrWize

MrWize Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, You can also use MySQL, wich mostly is a lot cheaper than using MS SQL Server 2005 and MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition.

If You need a Personal Site Starter Kit for MySQL you can find it here: www . mrwize.nu

couldn't post links yet ... not enough posts I thing :p

cya,
    /PatrikB

MrWize, May 4, 2006 IP