1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ASP.NET - C# - Windows Mobile Development and Database...a quick and simple question.

Discussion in 'C#' started by GAdsense, Mar 19, 2010.

I've made a Windows Mobile 6 application, nothing rocket science in there. But am new to ASP.NET.

What am I trying to achieve? Glad, you asked.
    Well, i want my windows mobile app to send some data and store it to a database using C# on internet.
    So that from website, I can access the data sent from the smart phone.

What are the cycles of work i have to go through? Let's suppose we have a textbox and the users enters the data and I'd like to sent it to the database.

What I am confused at? How will exactly the connection to database in Mobile Application will work?
    Besides, how to setup the database online using ASP.NET.

Hope that makes sense.

GAdsense, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  2. carfanatic01

carfanatic01 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you should try to search some more ideas in Google.
    You can get lot's of information there.
    But I am interested also in ASP.NET.

carfanatic01, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  3. GAdsense

GAdsense Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you are absolutely right carfanatic. And am glad to hear your response.

Yes, I've been searching google since long trying to figure out a lot of other things too. And I did learn a couple of thing. But this one, I was having a little problem to understand....and don't you think my friend that forums are actually for discussing and learning through others experiences.

That's what i really think ...... am sure, eventually it will help thousands of other people in coming days.

But thank you, i'd be glad to hear anyone who knows the stuff.

GAdsense, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  4. camjohnson95

camjohnson95 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need an asp.net script stored on the server that your mobile application can POST the data to, over HTTP. This script would then store the posted data into the database and return a result ('success' or 'fail').
    You would probably want to also send a password along with the data, that the remote script can then verify before storing the data. This is a fairly simple process:
    For more information on how to post data to a remote URL the objects you are interested in are HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse ... it is fairly easy to find the code you are looking for through google, but if further help is needed then I'll provide more assistance.

p.s: the mentioned objects belong to the System.Net namespace so you will have to import that for quick reference to them.

camjohnson95, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  5. sauravmandhotra

sauravmandhotra Peon

Best Answers:
    try using sqlcompactserver for database and mobile pages,there are some templte avaiable search for asp.net mobile template where u can write the mobile web code,pm me if u need them"mobile template"

sauravmandhotra, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  6. ARD

ARD Peon

Best Answers:
    im also interested in this area.. chk the msdn ramp up mobile development web page... u cn find lots of tutorials...

ARD, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  7. rozer.binny

rozer.binny Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to make an app for a device running windows mobile 6. I need a small, easy to use database engine or even a flat file database.

rozer.binny, Jun 26, 2011 IP