1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ASP mails are Splitting after 2K sizes

Discussion in 'C#' started by Jayesh.Learning, Oct 24, 2008.

Dear Friends,

I am facing following problem with my work while working on ASP System using SQL Server 2000.

When receiving emails from ASP systems (Any), After 2K characters <enter> (next line character) is added automatically even though it is not there in code and for this mail that is received comes with spaces or <table> tag is replaced with <t able> or < table> if it comes exactly at the 2k characters(2047th) position;

thus instead of <table> tab < table> tab is used and is shown printed on the email.....

To explain this I will use the following example:

What happens is if Code is having <table> as one of the tab in the email body (mail.body) and if <, t, a, b, l, e, > are characters such that coming at place number 2046, 2047, 2048...th respectively.
    But when I receive emails is having body as discussed will actually have
    <t
    able> (after 2047 th character <Enter> key is coming to picture and thus next html/asp tags are placed in next line) instead of <table> :(

Thus instead of <table> we have <t able> etc. printed on the mails source

(For example if mail is of size say 5K then will split (<enter>(next line character) key added) for 2 times, First time for 1st 2K characters as discussed above and then for next 2K .... and so on and mail will go with 2 <enter> added)
    Mail body (mail.body) in all mails are big in character numbers (Large mails in size along with images)

Please help if any one knows the solution or atleast provide a TIP;

Other Observations
    ----------------------
    1. Same problem is repeating with other system emails in ASP
    2. Is it related to mail Server ?

FOR EXAMPLE:-
    if email if of 5K size;
    say 2K+2k+1K and assume that all the body is continuous and on the same line;
    instead of receiving 2K2K1K body, i receive

Jayesh.Learning, Oct 24, 2008 IP