1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ASP display problem - IIS 5.1 in WinXP Pro

Discussion in 'C#' started by Tango_T50, Mar 31, 2011.

Hello guys...
    I've recently installed IIS 5.1 in Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 to learn how to use ASP or to learn how to write ASP Script for web. However after writing my asp test file "Test.asp" and using Firefox to display it, the output isn't correct, as shown below in the picture.

ASP Display Problem
    [​IMG]

My ASP Test Code
    <HTML><BODY>

<%
    Response.Write "This is an ASP page."
    %>

</BODY></HTML>
    Code (markup):
    By the way the IIS is running:
    [​IMG]

If anyone of you out there who've experienced this problem or knows how to solve it, please help. Thanks.

Tango_T50, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  2. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Why are you learning Classic ASP given it was replaced by ASP.Net over 9 years ago?

I would go straight into learning .Net, download Visual Web Developer Express (its free) and this contains both your development interface and a testing server unless you have a very good reason for needing to learn an outdated clunky system

AstarothSolutions, Apr 4, 2011 IP
  3. Tango_T50

Tango_T50 Peon

Best Answers:
    AstarothSolutions, thanks mate for the info. I'll take your advise. But for the time being, I have to go classic ASP for some of my course requirements. One question though. Whatever we do i classic ASP can be done in ASP.Net?

Tango_T50, Apr 4, 2011 IP
  4. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Classic ASP was almost always written in VBScript. As long as you create an asp.net project in VB.Net then in theory Classic ASP code can be copy and pasted in and would work the same. It however would not gain the efficiencies that was introduced by .Net and you would be much better off rewriting it "properly".

AstarothSolutions, Apr 5, 2011 IP