1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ASP and DLL

Discussion in 'C#' started by chippi, Feb 10, 2006.

I have my own hosting business and I have some specific scripts I coded.I want to allow my customers to use these ASP scripts. But I'm affraid of that customers share or sell these scripts to anyone.It's very dangerous because scripts related about e-commerce and security is very important for me.

But I have an idea but I dont know how I can do.. I want to embed all important functions and subs as a DLL like components into the server. I think that it's possible with Visual Basic. But my Visual Basic information are not very advanced and I searched on the net this topic but I couldt anything.

Do you have any idea or do you know any links for these working?

chippi, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  2. liquidboy

liquidboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on what your scripts do.

Ultimately if these scripts are just special functions then expose them as a webservice(as opposed to a dll vb com component).

If indeed your ASP scripts are just a set of functions then all you need to do is copy those functions into a vb class then compile that class as a public dll (make sure all the functions are public) then you just put those dll's onto your server in an mts package(you being the host) and tell your customers the name of the dll. All your customers need to do then in asp is call the dll with the function name.

Complicated hey! Use webservices if possible!

liquidboy, Feb 10, 2006 IP
  3. chippi

chippi Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks liquidboy , can I use the sub procedures with my DLL ?

chippi, Feb 13, 2006 IP