1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Asking for some feedback on two new forum sites

Discussion in 'Websites' started by BuddahBoy, Aug 20, 2015.

Greetings - some feedback would be very helpful to me and I appreciate it much.

1. http://teachingsofbabaji.com/ - a site that focuses on spiritual teachings

2. http://www.thelivemusicscene.com/ - a site to serve bands, live shows, audio/pics/video gallery and some other stuff that will provide support and promotion

All the best
    Ron

BuddahBoy, Aug 20, 2015 IP
  2. 24Hours

24Hours Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, good luck with those sites. Here is my quick feedback.

#1 - looks good, first thought was I wasn't crazy about the first items being the stuff no one wants to read. Perhaps consider putting that under an info, welcome, or rules tab. Also, maybe consider a stumbleupon share icon. Seems like a good site/theme for that. I was confused by some terminology, like the "The Babaji Speaks Website" - is that really a website or just a an area on the website I'm already on? It didn't make sense. "Community" seemed odd to me as a section because I thought the whole site was a community site.

#2 - I think this type of site needs to be more streamlined and simple. If I was in a band and found that page I wouldn't even know what I should do or could do. I think you might need some big simple modern graphic buttons like "Your Shows" or something to make it clear as to why I should care and what I can quickly do. My first feeling was that I was going to have to read a lot or do some work to even find out if I should care.

24Hours, Aug 21, 2015 IP
  3. BuddahBoy

BuddahBoy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much 24Hours, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to this request.
    I am going to look at these issues with a different perspective today - the points you make are very important to the functioning of these two sites, the music site in particular and I agree with them in great part - more thought into restructuring should make a big difference - going to shoot for simplicity.
    Your honest and helpful thoughts are very much appreciated
    Ron

BuddahBoy, Aug 22, 2015 IP
  4. 24Hours

24Hours Member

Best Answers:
    No problem Ron, see you around.

24Hours, Aug 22, 2015 IP
  5. BuddahBoy

BuddahBoy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've been messing around on the music site, changing the order of boards and you're right, it is much more user friendly and does not require a lot of effort in comprehending what is available. Another case of not "walking in the shoes" of the intended audience - thanks again.

All the best,
    Ron

BuddahBoy, Aug 22, 2015 IP