1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ask me any questions! - Be specific

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by kingofthewiki, Jan 19, 2015.

1. kingofthewiki

kingofthewiki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That is an analytics question! You can't really tie all those up as you stated.. however I don't think you need to as long as you know which channel people are using to convert. You can figure that out by using one channel at a time over extended periods of time.

Try what your competitors is doing! Not sure how to answer you - your question is not specific.

kingofthewiki, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  2. Rab_cueto

Rab_cueto Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, I am so sorry I my self is very confused with what our competitors are doing. It's like they found a way to by pass google policies and their landing page is not getting detected. They have multiple landing pages or domains but all lead to 1 website or another website they handle, plus the content of their website is what google wouldn't like so I am just trying to gather any information about to. Again sorry to confuse you.

Rab_cueto, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  3. Jeffr2014

Jeffr2014 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Kingofthewiki,
    I like your answers, looks like you know what you're talking about :)
    I also have a couple of questions for you. I am using AdWords for years and with the apparent "death of SEO" the rates for the same search terms have tripled in the past 2 years. I am now paying to G over $300/month for my commercial site, so I started analyzing how to improve things. Here are my questions:
    1. For some of my keywords I am getting a message that the bid is below 1st page, and predictably there are very few impressions. I was told that it is better to move non-performing keywords (low CTR, low search traffic, bid under 1st page) into a separate ad group, so they do not affect the performance of money-making keywords. Same for "keyword experiments" i.e. where I am trying new keywords. I moved all "underachievers" and "experiments" into a separate ad group 3-4 months ago but I don't see much improvement for the money-making ad group. Now, I am wondering whether I should have moved these into a separate campaign???
    2. My campaigns target local area and it looks like bid calculations (re 1st page min bid and 1st page top bid) don't take local area targeting into account. Take the keyword "licensed chiropractor" (just hypothetical) as an example. Clearly the competition (and rates) for this keyword is higher in Manhattan or Beverley Hills then in some hick-town in Iowa. Yet, Google uses the top rates from across the globe (incl. Manhattan or BH) as a benchmark, so when I specify the bid it gives me inflated estimates for the 1st page min bid and 1st page top bid. I can certainly disregard suggested bids, but stupid Google algorithms don't even display my ads if they are significantly below bid threshold - I tested this lately and I don't get my ads even when the search page doesn't have any ads. I obviously try to mitigate this by including the locale (i.e. town or area) as part of the keyword but then I get "low search traffic" warning for many of my keywords and Google just ignores these... Any ideas how to deal with this? Any recommendations on local targeting using AdWords?
    Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffr2014, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  4. kingofthewiki

kingofthewiki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey man. Thanks for the compliment!

1. Its better to seperate them into Adgroups. Seperating into campaigns will not make a huge difference.

Also, just to make sure you know these keywords don't convert at your desired cost/conversion, you should figure out what your conversion rate is - once you know that then calculate the average amount of clicks a keyword needs to get before converting. Run the keywords until that number is reached and figure out which keywords will convert. Some high bid keywords will convert at a lower cost/conversion because they are more targeted :) Just make sure you test out all the keywords.

2. Yup. They are making bank off everyone. The more targeted you get the higher the bid will be even if search volumes are low. I am pretty sure they are calculating the bid based on country (not global) metrics, but that still sucks because you are paying a lot for keywords that actually don't get any search volume. What I would suggest is using "Broad match" keywords as they are the cheapest and add a lot of negative "phrase match" keywords to stop the irrelevant traffic.

Additional point: Use Bing to get traffic as well. Their CPC's are 50% lower than Adwords for some terms.

kingofthewiki, Feb 5, 2015 IP
    Jeffr2014 likes this.
  5. Rajiv112

Rajiv112 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Can you suggest me some effective cpc campaigns on adwords for the site http://skypecker.com/

Rajiv112, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  6. bigb1026

bigb1026 Peon

Best Answers:
    Question: I can see from homepage number of clicks generated in any given day. What I would find more useful would be the geographical origin of each click. This would help me zero in on specific market(s), and also be a dead giveaway for fraudulent click activity, which I suspect is a major drain on my budget. Any way to get this info? Please provide very simple step-by-step instructions as I am not particularly computer competent. Thanks!

bigb1026, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  7. kingofthewiki

kingofthewiki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't know your target market and I am certainly not going to do all the work for you! This thread is to help answer specific questions and NOT provide strategies/campaign setup for your site. That being said, you should at least start with the following:

- Figure out your target audience and target the locations they are in only
    - Only bid on keywords for sites people are actually purchasing tickets from on your site

Yup. All you have to do is login to your account >> Go to Dimensions Tab >> Use the View btn to control what data appears. To customize the view - use the column btn and remove/add columns that you want to check out! :)

kingofthewiki, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  8. kingofthewiki

kingofthewiki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No questions! Wow!

kingofthewiki, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  9. john80vk

john80vk Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

I am setting a multi-country and multilingual account and I would like to know your opinions before starting the account.

These are my settings:
    - There will be 6 countries.
    - A, B, C countries will have English language ads only. None of them has English as their native language but they are English literate.
    - D, E, F countries will have English language ads and ads in their language too.
    - A, B, C, D, E, F countries will have exactly the same English keywords.
    - A, B, C, D, E, F countries will have keywords in their native language.

For example for country "A",
    - Ad Group: EN clothes online. - Keywords : English (same for A, B, C, D, E, F countries)
    - Ad Group: GE clothes online. - Keywords : German (Only for A country)
    - Both ad groups will have ads in English language. (same for A, B, C countries)

For example for country "D",

- Ad Group: EN clothes online. - Keywords : English (same for A, B, C, D, E, F countries)
    - Ad Group: SW clothes online. - Keywords : Swedish (Only for D country)

- EN clothes online will have English ads.
    - SW clothes online will have Swedish ads.

This is my structure now:

Campaign Name: Europe (A, B, C)

- Several ad groups with A language keywords and ENG ads
    - Several ad groups with B language keywords and ENG ads
    - Several ad groups withC language keywords and ENG ads
    - Several ad groups with English language keywords and ENG ads

Campaign Name: D
    - Several ad groups with D language keywords and D ads

Campaign Name: E
    - Several ad groups with E language keywords and E ads

Campaign Name: F
    - Several ad groups with F language keywords and F ads

I would really appreciate to know your comments, opinions, advices, any suggestions on what to change.

For example, my thoughts that I would like to discuss is in the form of: Should I have one only campaign locating ABCDEF countries with languages ABCDEF + ENG ?

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

john80vk, Mar 1, 2015 IP
  10. kingofthewiki

kingofthewiki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    VERY GLAD YOU JOINED THE SITE TO ASK THIS QUESTION :)

Ok. You're over complicating things. Very simple... Every country should have its own campaign and its own language or at least thats how I would do it. For example;

Campaign #1: Country 1, Language 1, Keywords in Language 1, Ads in Language 1
    Campaign #2: Country 1, Language 2, Keywords in Language 2, Ads in Language 2

Campaign #3: Country 2, Language 1, Keywords in Language 1, Ads in Language 1
    Campaign #4: Country 2, Language 2, Keywords in Language 2, Ads in Language 2
    Campaign #5: Country 2, Language 3, Keywords in Language 3, Ads in Language 3

Hope this helps!

kingofthewiki, Mar 1, 2015 IP
  11. john80vk

john80vk Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your answer, I appreciate it.
    I have a question though. In my approach, let's say I will have one English campaign for all the countries.
    With your approach, I will have the same English language keywords-ad groups-ads in every campaign (country). Having the same keywords (and therefore ad groups and ads) in every one, I believe this will be easier to exact some conclusions and more specific, but more difficult to manage.
    Am I wrong?

So, please confirm that you suggest me to have :

Campaign Name: A

- Several ad groups with A language keywords and ENG ads

Campaign Name: B

- Several ad groups with B language keywords and ENG ads

Campaign Name: C

- Several ad groups with C language keywords and ENG ads

Campaign Name: D
    - Several ad groups with D language keywords and D ads

Campaign Name: E
    - Several ad groups with E language keywords and E ads

Campaign Name: F
    - Several ad groups with F language keywords and F ads

john80vk, Mar 1, 2015 IP
  12. kingofthewiki

kingofthewiki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What do you think?

Would you rather use the multiplier and start increase/decreasing bids by percentages in each city in one campaign. Or have each campaign seperate and then choose your bids. Which one is more confusing to you? Personally, I think the bid multipliers are confusing and get you bidding like Google wants you to.

Does that answer your question :)

Google Adwords wants to make money. As much as they say they are helping you - their end goal is to make money. You should do whatever you think is best.

kingofthewiki, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  13. kingofthewiki

kingofthewiki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What do you think?

Would you rather use the multiplier and start increase/decreasing bids by percentages in each city in one campaign. Or have each campaign seperate and then choose your bids. Which one is more confusing to you? Personally, I think the bid multipliers are confusing and get you bidding like Google wants you to.

Does that answer your question :)

Google Adwords wants to make money. As much as they say they are helping you - their end goal is to make money. You should do whatever you think is best.

kingofthewiki, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  14. nizer

nizer Peon

Best Answers:
    can u earn money from adword..an how to start//

nizer, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  15. kingofthewiki

kingofthewiki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yup. You have to find a low competition niche with low CPC's (cost per clicks) and send them to a highly targeted page!! Don't expect to be a millionaire in a day/month/4 months. It will take time..

kingofthewiki, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  16. hiteshischerry

hiteshischerry Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have any knowledge but would like to ask I have non hosted AdSense account approved, what would be my first step towards getting incomE.

Thanks

hiteshischerry, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  17. kingofthewiki

kingofthewiki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Adsense is not Adwords. You posted in the wrong thread!

kingofthewiki, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  18. Nargis Ansari

Nargis Ansari Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have a google adwords campaign running in India. I want to be able to see a report of Click through rate for each city across India. How can I do that? Pls help

Nargis Ansari, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  19. kingofthewiki

kingofthewiki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You might need to go the Dimensions Tab and use the filters/columns options to find what you are looking for! :)

kingofthewiki, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  20. blank85

blank85 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello King.

I am looking for software that will help me with one of the functions of my job.

I am currently doing this manually:

Google client name, report if ad is appearing yes or no, report position of clients site in organic results.

Then do the same for:
    "client name + keyword 1"
    "client name + keyword 2"
    "client name + keyword 3"
    "client name + keyword 4"

Etc

This is quite a tedious exercise. Anyone know anything that could help me?

Thank you.

blank85, Apr 24, 2015 IP