1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.Asia Discount code

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by steveno2008, Feb 20, 2008.

Get a .asia domain name for just $4.99 per year from Domainmonster.com

Offer Code: ASIALA7H4F

More information can be found http://www.domainmonster.com/dotasia-domains/ and http://www.domainmonster.com/dotasia-registration

steveno2008, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  2. c_sandeepnd

c_sandeepnd Peon

Best Answers:
    is this true

c_sandeepnd, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  3. steveno2008

steveno2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it is true .

I registered mine this morning as today is the start of landrush where the public can register . asia domain names. offer runs out soon though .

4. Greyhound

Greyhound Banned

Best Answers:
    How about the renew fee?

Greyhound, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  5. XTreMe

XTreMe Banned

Best Answers:
    for how much time the offer is valid?

XTreMe, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  6. steveno2008

steveno2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    According to the email I received the offer code run's out tomorrow at 12pm GMT.

My other domain that I have with them have always been renewed at the same price as the registration so I'm expecting .asia to be the same. Their price page shows only one price for registration and renewal

7. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I may give a correction. The price during this promotion is £2.74 or $5.30

Renewal price next year will be at least £12.49 or $24.30. This offer really is valid, so thanks for posting.

Those whishing to register an .asia domain, please mind that at least one of the addresses (Admin, Tech or Billing) should be Asian/Pacific. It's up to you, who you list as your admin - it may be your friend or relative living in this region.

Do not make the same mistake many Europeans made when they bulk-registered .US domain and got stripped :D

tankard, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  8. johan-cr

johan-cr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does Domainmonster offer a service where they are the asian contact?

johan-cr, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  9. steveno2008

steveno2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes they do . I had a look on thier site and they are registered in New Zealand

* Domainmonster.com Limited
    * PWC Tower
    * 188 Quay Street
    * Auckland 1010
    * New Zealand

I had no problems and i have no contacts in Asia .

10. johan-cr

Best Answers:
    If they are registered in Asia or not does not matter... They need to be your adminstrative or technical contact in order for the registration to be correct.
    If not you might risk that you do not get your domain....

11. steveno2008

steveno2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    i have emailed domainmonster to claify this.

In the case of Domainmonster.com, we are very clear with our terms. We require a non-refundable payment. However, our prices are significantly cheaper the most in the first instance and at this stage of the game, the domain is basically yours if its available, as it will either go auction or be yours straight away...so why defer the payment if you really want the domain!

Finally, one other thing to check is the CED contact. To register a .asia you need to be in one of 70 countries and be a certain legal status in that country. Clearly, a lot of people won't meet that requirement and still want a domain. In that event, we automatically proxy your application with a CED contact for us in Auckland, New Zealand, the home of Domainmonster.com Limited, our New Zealand legal entity. We don't charge for this CED contact and clearly it meets the requirements of the registry 100%.

The registry will be checking CED contacts (Its a key part of their agreement), so if your status is even slightly shaky, then they will take the domain name away anyway. Its not worth the risk, especially if you've auctioned for it! Anyway, hopefully a little more info that might help.

Regardless, from our research it seems that not all registrars are clear with the terms. We are seeing mixed messages into our support box about any that are offering refunds, changing from regular refund to account credit with them, or refund minus application costs, that kind of thing, just very mixed and un-clear. We don't refund, but are clear on what you get for your money and a fantastic price till 12:00 GMT tomorrow!

Mark @ Domainmonster.com

12. johan-cr

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that information. I am staying away from domainmonster then as they do not refund money if you do not get the domain...

13. hpotamus

hpotamus Peon

Best Answers:
    If more than one person registers a domain it will go to auction at the end of land rush period.

Domain monster will not refund your your payment if you lose an auction. Does this mean that they can take 100 registrations for the same name (no refunds)?

hpotamus, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  14. steveno2008

steveno2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    this is the response I received from them when I enquired before placing my order.

The registry closes its doors on 12th March 2008 to this stage of
    Landrush. ONLY at this point will you know if your Domain has gone to
    auction or not. You are NOT able to enter the auction once its been
    declared, they are closed auctions to all those that have applied
    during
    the landrush period (If more than one applicant).

On or by 12th March, if a domain is available then it is yours to have,
    so long as you either a)are the only entrant and then the registration
    cost is the only cost or b) there are multiple entrants and you are
    prepared to be the highest bidder, as someone will be, even if for $15.

Past this stage then the registry will re-open again on 26th March for
    general registrations on a first come first served basis. Clearly, we
    expect the majority of good names to be gone during the Landrush stage.

This is a non-refundable process simply because we have costs involved
    in processing your application to either enter the auction or get the
    domain (If you are the only person). We have taken the approach of
    being
    the cheapest on the web, but upfront with payment and non-refundable.

There are other providers that will defer your payment until you are
    declared in the auction or the domain is yours, but ultimately it will
    be one of those at this stage, so you are going to get charged, just in
    a week or twos time. In all of these cases, the deferred payments are
    many times more than our upfront, but non-refundable charge. Most
    registrars are doing the same as us, albeit we are exposing the fact
    that this process is non-refundable with our basket message, rather
    than
    burying it in our terms and conditions.

Rgds
    Domainmonster.com
    Customer Support

seems fair enough to me if you really want the domain you have to get in the game

15. the_pm

the_pm Peon

Best Answers:
    steveno2008, you've taken great care to position yourself solely as a customer of Domainmonster.com. Your choice of words and description of your actions imply no other connection.

If you are indeed more than a customer, but also an employee or otherwise a stakeholder in this company, you need to disclose this so members of this community can evaluate your statements fully informed.

Not doing so (or should you deny inside involvement only to be exposed) will reflect very poorly on you, and worse, on Domainmonster.com. This is especially true given that you've opened this discussion in a forum reserved for discussion, not advertising/commerce.

Again, if there is anything more you feel you should disclose about your relationship with Domainmonster.com, now would be the right time to do so.

I eagerly await your clarifications.

the_pm, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  16. hatifahanna

hatifahanna Peon

Best Answers:
    hatifahanna, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  17. johan-cr

Best Answers:
  18. petvideotube

petvideotube Active Member

Best Answers:

Ok Friends Im in USA and have no connection with domainmonster.
    Actually I am godaddy reseller.

Whatever steveno2008 giving the information is 100% accurate as i got same information when i called there customercare.

I Already order more than 100's name and the code is active untill 12 pm gmt tomorrow.

About refund of this money is clear like that's processing fee and u don't getting back, only things u getting is either u won the domain and it is yours in this cheap price if it doesn't went for auction.

if it goes in auction then who bid higher the domain goes on there name.

One more fact this code only help u untill tomorrow after that same things cost you regular price.

The fact is even u register through domainmonster or someone else mostly as per my talk with many registrar u don't got that money back which is like avearge $20 for one year and u need minimum 2 year registration during this period so cost u $40.

So I mostly ask many registrar like do i got this $40 back if we loose domain name in auction, 99% i got answer NO.
    If domain don't go in auction it is yours in $40 for 2 year and after renewal with that time's price.

now the beauty of domainmonster is like right now we getting domain name in $10 for 2 year because of this code(ASIALA7H4F), if we don't win in auction we losse $10 , compare to $40 or little less which is regular price once this code expire.

So as a Dp member i m telling u guys if u really want good .asia name take this deal rightaway, which is even cheaper price $10 for 2 year.

We are sure and even domainmonster knows very well they are loosing money in this discount price, but what they want is customer.

Don't socked even during this 20 days period other registrar might drop there price too, because this is actually there handling price.

If more than 2 people register same name it goes in auction which is hold by pool.com.
    so on 12 march pool.com will inform this both guys like bid your maximum, so whoever bid higher the domain goes on there name and u have to pay pool.com whatever u bid.

let's see if u register travel.asia so u have to pay $10 (discount price ) or $40 (regular),
    and in ur registrar account it will show u You have 1 pending .asia Landrush Applications.
    and once it goes in auction and if u bid $50 then that time u have to pay $50 to pool.com, and once u win , the domain status will change from panding to successful, and it is yours.

I think it is clear now.

Best of Luck.

petvideotube, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  19. johan-cr

Best Answers:
    Would be interesting to know which companies you have checked with as 99% do not refund. I have checked with two (godaddy and EuroDNS) and both say they refund your money if you do not get the domain...

20. petvideotube

petvideotube Active Member

Best Answers:

i don't know abt eurodns, but i already ask godaddy they say they can't refund.

plus im reseller of wildwestdomain , which is parent company of godaddy, and i talk with them too.

may be i will ask them again, but i m sure they can't refund.Ya if they want cutomer and want to do this as marketing lose they can do.

and i will ask eurodns tomorrow as i m not them cutomer but i can ask.

petvideotube, Feb 20, 2008 IP