1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Articles vs backlinks for SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by msultani, Jul 21, 2014.

I have a few question, that the answer is vogue on the web, and hopefully get some answers here.

1. Which one brings more value to the site, having an article or a link from directory or a related blog.
    2. If you write 1 article a week and submit to 50 article sites without spinning anything, does that bring any value to the site or no.
    3. I believe search engines treat the keywords book, and books differently, so which one is good to use for your main keyword and title and why.
    4. In terms of time, how long does it take to see major changes with your keywords, for example after 1 article to 50 sites or 10 articles to the same 50 sites. (Will not spin the articles)
    5. Does wiki links have any value for the site

Thanks in advance for the answers.

msultani, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  2. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

1) An article on another site, without a link to your site is virtually useless in terms of ranking. The entire Google algorithm is based on backlinks. However it might provide traffic if your site is referenced. A link on another site (blogroll, footer, etc) would give some ranking potential to your site. Now... a contextual link from within an article to your site... this gives the maximum ranking potential.

2) The links you get from these sites are going to be of poor quality since they're going to be using duplicate content. However its still worth something. Think about news sites that use syndicated content and leave a reference link to the original content.

3) Which ever gets more searches and has reasonable competition.

4) Depends what ranking technique you're using. Submitting unspun content to free article directories isn't a very powerful technique. I'd be suprised if you experienced SERP increases at all. Get homepage, contextual links on relevant high PR/PA/DA blogs. Results are typically 7-14 days.

5) Yep. It's a great backlink to have.

Hope this helps,
    Diggity

DiggitySEO, Jul 21, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  3. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    @DiggitySEO : Impressive. :)
    Thank you for this information.

yagnik, Jul 21, 2014 IP
    DiggitySEO likes this.
  4. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. An article
    2. 1 article to be submitted to 50 article site = poor
    1 article to be submitted to 1 high pr article site = rich
    My point here is: In every high pr article submission site you must submit unique content to each website
    3. Obviously its different. Study your targeted audience behavior for you to determine the best keyword that you will use as a medium to reach them effectively.
    4. What do you mean by major changes with your keywords? Do you mean rankings? With your targeted keywords within the articles? It will depend if your content is engaging with your audience.
    5. Yes, We all know that Wiki is a hub of information.

KylieSweet, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  5. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. an article (If site is well established and have decent traffic as well). Link from a related blog (if related blog has more traffic & seo values than your blog).
    2. 50 sites for same content is too much. Use only 5-10 good sites for article submission. These 5-10 good sites can provide more seo values respect to 50 low quality sites.
    3. Yes, book, and books are two different keywords. You should use Google keyword planner tool to know search volume and competition of each keyword and then choose the best one for your website.
    4. Major changes seen when Google finds backlinks to your site from other sites for example article directories approve your article and Google bot index that article. So, it may take 15 days or more. Even, there is no fix time for it.
    5. Yes, These are still consider good source for backlinks.

Kristina Roy, Jul 22, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  6. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Msultani,

After all Google updates and new policies I would say that everybody is focused now just to sell "quality". I used quotes because few people are aware what is that and few people know the right direction. I bet that 99% told you that is more important a backlink than a article with no backlink on it. Well think at this scenario:
    - You are member on a well reputed community where you help people with your best answers. One best example is Moz. You can find there top SEOs in the world who will help you and giving the best comments. Main idea is that growing your image in a community is much important than hunting backlinks purpose, in conclusion you can grow your image and become an influencer if what you do is very good.Being active on search engines is very important. Actually that keeps the system up. And the gold word that I want to underscore is that content is the foundation to a solid natural optimization.
    2. I have one motto in my work. Keep all accurate and avoid tricks. So I use only one time my content, never twice, never spinned. Don't let your subconscious fooled that if things went ok one time, will work ok twice.
    3. What I saw during time is that the volume for singular and plural results keywords in search engines is different so you should use or adapt according your keywords analysis and content.
    4. If you are not using unique content your chances to get fast results will be low.
    5. As long they are nofollow they are good!

If you need more assistance let me know,
    Matt:)

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 23, 2014 IP