1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Articles - quantity or quality?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by korzon, Apr 2, 2006.

1. neoms

neoms Peon

Best Answers:
    I think both quality and quanity are needed. But preference must be given for quality.

neoms, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  2. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree - with out establish oneself its just fluff that blows in the wind... the quality takes root and establishes you as an expert in this area

Mr Crow, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  3. merryjazz

merryjazz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Quality first. then aim for quantity to attract more.

merryjazz, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  4. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    Buying Private Lable articles and changing them is not an effective way to do this either.
    The amount you of time spent modifying enough you would be better of writing an original article of your own.

Plus many directories ahave begun scanning for articles that have 20-30 percent same content and deleting them from their db

Mr Crow, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  5. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here is how Google ranks them, if you are thinking in terms of traffic:
    - Unique articles will get you higher rankings and better keyword results in their search engine (quality).
    - Duplicate articles will have your site ranked lower (quantity).

EGS, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  6. leysmom

leysmom Peon

Best Answers:
    I too have been faced with the same dilema. I don't really know how to write trash. The thought of putting something sub-par out there appealed at first because I really need the links.

Truthfully I'm an English Major that takes about 2-3 days to write an article. Even once it is written I'm constantly revising. I have only ONE article up on my site and am currently writing numbers 2 and 3. I like taking my time and knowing that what I'm writing is readable and informative.

I've seen people on forums offering to write for others and I have not liked the quality in general once I've seen examples of others' work. You get what you pay for. $5 for an article is not much. I understand for the writers to make a decent living they have to churn out quite a bit meaning the quality suffers.

To solve my links problem I have decided to post in forums where I can post with my signature and a link to my website. I'm on forums usually looking for business advice and for leisure anyway, at this point it should benefit my business. 5 posts to boards a day, equals 35 per week and 140 per month.

I've also decided to put the best quality articles on my site and rework them slightly for the submission services. My site will have the longer, extended versions and be different from the other sites carrying another version so that duplicate content doesn't become a huge issue.

leysmom, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  7. mddv

mddv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well it would be quality but it doesnt stop you from producing a large quantity of quality articles.

mddv, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  8. timecoderror

timecoderror Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow that is an amazing website! So much content, you could read for hours and I bet bird and landscape enthusiats do just that.
    May I ask how long it took to develop all that content? And also why don't you have ads on your site?
    It's an excellent site if didn't already convey that.

timecoderror, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  9. Japes

Japes Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to come down on the quality side. When I'm writing content, I always try to ask myself, "Is this the type of article that "I" would actually want to read if I needed this information?" If it isn't, why would anyone bother staying at the site?

Japes, May 1, 2006 IP
  10. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    My wife is currently writing these real cool "how to" type articles for customers that make it seem like your teaching them something about the subject ..

She is a writer and offers her service on DP - its the only place she looks for work and stays very busy - so if you beed help writing contact her!

Her user name is Mrs. Crow

Mr Crow, May 1, 2006 IP
  11. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Mrs Crow is doing several articles for me.
    The first one was a humdinger!
    Submitted to a bunch of sites and it is already getting me hits and good exposure for the site it was written for.
    Next two, I am sure that once they are finished out (minor changes made) and submitted, the next two sites these were written for will get a nice bump up in traffic.
    And we all know traffic coming into a site via a good article is targetted traffic! And traffic that will make money...very important!

Now she just sent me the draft copy of another article for another of my sites and I was blown away! I have never seen this subject written in such a clear way that even a pure noob on the net could understand at once.
    That article will do nothing but good for me and my site!

So, am I happy she is writing these article for me?
    Heck no!!!
    I am ECSTATIC!!!

I have had others do articles for me, and they pale in comparison to what she has done, and is doing, for me.

Recommend her highly if you want the best articles....

Aside to Mrs Crow....do I get a discount for the next batch?
    LOL

iowadawg, May 1, 2006 IP
  12. Mrs.Crow

Mrs.Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    Well thank you very much for the compliment iowadawg because the one I just sent you gave me a run for my money, so glad you liked it. By the way I Googled the word humdinger to find out if it was good or bad, never heard it before:D

Mrs.Crow, May 1, 2006 IP
  13. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There you go...google whatever I say!

iowadawg, May 1, 2006 IP
  14. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder if I can get a programmer to make a script to google everything you say and sell it?

I have to agree I saw and read the articles she wrote and they were very good, I know she really wants to build a great reputation on DP as a writer and the only way to do that is to produce high quality stuff!

I am really happy you like them - and by the way I checked the stats and your article was downloaded 18 times by other sites to use in their ezines.

I would say thats really good and your traffic must go up alot with those numbers - please let me know how it does!

Mr Crow, May 1, 2006 IP
  15. visioninfotech

visioninfotech Banned

Best Answers:
    i would go for a mix of both, quality and quantity. but one thing is most important, the content should be unique and keyword targetted

visioninfotech, May 2, 2006 IP
  16. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    This all really depends what the product is a how well you wnat to be the source people come to for info ... when you use quantity you loose your reputation with the people with the really high traffic sites.

People with high traffic sites will snatch up your articles and use them on their sites and in their ezines when they see just quality articles from you ... the first time they start seeing lesser faster written articles , they will remove the request for notifacation of when you post a new article to the directories!

Mr Crow, May 3, 2006 IP
  17. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    quality - every time!

ConstantContent, May 3, 2006 IP
  18. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on whether you're looking for direct traffic or SE traffic. If you're looking for direct targeted traffic, it's best to focus on quality. Produce a lot of unique articles and submit them if you're looking for a lot of links.

webmasterlabor.com, May 4, 2006 IP
  19. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok so what happens when you are considered by a webmaster to be given a linkback or inluded in a directory ... and they google and read the fast written articles or poorly written due to the lack of time used

Mr Crow, May 4, 2006 IP
  20. demonsnakeyes

demonsnakeyes Guest

Best Answers:
    quality and quantity are both important as it will both get a lot of people visit your website or may even return numerous times if it really interest the visitors and quantity as it will get the visibility and it also determines the wealth of knowledge you gain from reading it.

demonsnakeyes, May 8, 2006 IP