1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Articles - quantity or quality?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by korzon, Apr 2, 2006.

So far I've written two for my site, submitted them four days ago and got three visitors.

Is it about the quantity or the quality when it comes to writing articles?

korzon, Apr 2, 2006 IP
  2. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I think if you are writing articles for links, then go for quantity over quality.

Most of the sites that take articles from article sites are Made-For-Adsense type and dont really care about quality of articles. They will take almost all articles.

On the other hand , if you are going to use the same content on your site, then you need to concentrate on quality too.

sachin410, Apr 2, 2006 IP
  3. kashem

kashem Banned

Best Answers:
    i will go for quality. it will help to get repeated visitors

kashem, Apr 2, 2006 IP
  4. mdvaden

mdvaden Active Member

Best Answers:
    Toss-up, but if you make one article that nobody has, word gets around. And text is very copyright-worthy.

Our number one traffic page - the virtually self-propogating page for links - has nothing to do with my actual services of arborist or landscape design work.

It's our safe woods for birds page: via the menu.

We have parrots. All safe / toxic wood web sources were fragemented - even from toxicologists or parrot societies.

So I accumulated all the facts I could find, called 3 avian vets in OR and CA, and incorportated my pesticide consultant background into the page (which not bird site has ever done) and uploaded the page.

Now it's reputed to be the best page of it's kind from the USA to the UK to Australia.

That page adds a bit of boost to our website's overall rating, because I ask some sources to link in through our main URL rather than just the bird page.

It's the quality of that article that does the job. We have other industry topics and articles. But the one's with dedicated pages exceed similar pages of competitors for being comprehensive or original.

mdvaden, Apr 2, 2006 IP
  5. nile1483

nile1483 Active Member

Best Answers:
    quality is more useful then quantity

nile1483, Apr 2, 2006 IP
  6. mdvaden

mdvaden Active Member

Best Answers:
    By the way, some quantity is fine if you will add to the articles.

For example, suppose you write and introductory paragraph and then "10 steps" to, say, flossing your teeth.

Then over the next month or two, you might find 2, 10 or 20 more steps to flossing your teeth. Great, add on the extra bulleted or numbered steps and build onto the article.

So if the topics are good, add a few "so-so" articles if you plan to add. But maybe put the premier or feature "heavy-weights" up at the top of the list.

mdvaden, Apr 2, 2006 IP
  7. macdocXT

macdocXT Peon

Best Answers:
    both are needed -

quantity = more visibility
    quality= repeat visitors

macdocXT, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  8. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    You need both quality and quantity.

Write a few good articles and then spend time listing them on as many sites as possible.

Article directories don't give much traffic so you need to submit to quite a few to get a return on the time invested in writing your quality article.

mad4, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  9. tabithanaylor

tabithanaylor Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone heard of or used Artemis Pro for their article submissions? I am using article marketer right now, but the owner of Artemis Pro seems to be popping up everywhere. Seems like a good piece of software, but I am pretty happy with using article marketer....

For me personally, I am focusing moreso on quality of articles. Quality articles have more of a chance of being published in ezines, on blogs, etc (thats my opinion, anyways). The quantity part will come in due time......

tabithanaylor, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  10. VISTREL

VISTREL Peon

Best Answers:
    Unique copyrighted articles = win. Big chance of getting tons of valuable links.

VISTREL, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  11. comp71

comp71 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree both quanity and quality.
    Besides article distribution sites, I have been posting on high traffic blogs ;)

comp71, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  12. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    You might consider writing different versions of your articles. Publish the best and most complete version on your website. You can then create smaller versions for article submission sites. You may even find a single article can be broken up into pieces and submitted as distinct units.

This way your own material is not being duplicated elsewhere -- avoiding the duplicate content penalty problem reported by some webmasters. It saves the best for your visitors, making your site like better. And it will give you quantity you desire to generate back links and draw in visitors.

clancey, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  13. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all you wont see full results from your article for a few more days - people will pick your article up

As the owner of many article directories it is both quantity and quality quantity because you want the numbers out there but if the numbers are high and the quality is to low people website publishers wont look for articles by you and when they do see your name and pass you up.

My wife writes about 50-80 articles a week and submits them and I am shocked how many times her name pulls up on other peoples sites not to mention all the directories.

It is important to get them from the directory to the other websites where people who have established a good repore with their visitors.
    The reason they have that repore (sp) is because they make sure the articles on their sites and sent to their lists are of high quality.

Dont use plr they will get you black listed quick

If you need an awesome place to submit your articles to and get them delivered out to hundreds of sites we provide a free article submission service and we are giving a free bonus to DP members .. we dont charge DP members here is a thread about it hope it helps (if this offends anyone please pm me I will remove it)
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=71976&highlight=submitcontent.com

Mr Crow, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  14. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your wife for say, 3 weeks?
    Will keep her fed, plenty of paper, even let her use my computer.
    LOL

I really, been saying this since last December, should buckle down and start writing articles.

iowadawg, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  15. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha Ha , I am concerned ... My wife left me for the computer........

Mr Crow, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  16. Copywriter

Copywriter Peon

Best Answers:
    Both, if you can manage it.

If the article is of high enough quality, it has a better chance of being picked up by high traffic sites (which can afford to be a little more discerning about the kind of content they use), and that, in turn, can bring you traffic. Of course, the more of those kind of articles you have out there, the better that effect will be :)

Copywriter, Apr 7, 2006 IP
  17. dojo

dojo Peon

Best Answers:
    I am only intersted in quality, I love UNIQUE exclusive articles and well written ones. This is why I have an almost organic hate for the bulk article sites. I see a decrese in the quality there since many people just write something to have a link to their site.

I have few articles on my site (60), but they are all unique and I tried to make them interesting and fresh as ideas are concerned. I preffer this rather than having 1000 articles that are also on all article sites.

For me: quality over quantity at any time.

dojo, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  18. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My philosophy - short term: quantity. Long term: quality.

Lpspider, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  19. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am another who thinks both are important. If your main goal is to get em in and get em out through an AdSense link, quality probably isn't as big of a focus as quantity. But if you want site stickiness with repeat visitors, as well as those happy visitors telling others - quality is the more important. And unique content is *much* better than getting freebie articles from sites when you know those articles will be on hundreds of other websites as well.

That said, if you are the one submitting your articles to freebie sites in hopes of getting the backlinks, quality and uniqueness as well as an unusual spin on the topic will probably get more people reprinting your articles.

Jenstar, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  20. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    in my opinion, each option has advantages:

benefit of quantity: you have more material to get crawled and you'll usually get some hits (even w/out links) from obscure or specific search terms.

benefit of quality: it has a higher potential for acquiring natural links, which are the best kind.

but like someone said above, the two aren't mutually exclusive, and the ideal situation is alot of good quality :) that can sometimes get expensive, though.

kkibak, Apr 8, 2006 IP