1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ArticleRanks Review - Awesome 1-Way Linking System!

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by allthegoodnamesweretaken, Jul 19, 2009.

1. ExtremistOak

ExtremistOak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not very happy with these comments at all.. Your article probably got rejected because you did not spin it enough.

There is no way we can fake the published amount because the sites API sends a response back to us when it is published and that is when the stats change.

If you knew anything about SEO then you would know how to find where your article has been published by taking a piece of unspun text and putting it in "" in Google.

We actually use this tool daily ourselves, its not just something we created its a tool we use for link building, so making it the best we can benefits us too. The system works so well because we hide the network.

ExtremistOak, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  2. Christian Little

Christian Little Peon

Best Answers:
    $10 for your first article? It would only cost that much if you submitted it to a ton of categories. Most of the articles I submit take 5-7 credits and that covers every category related to it.

If you only got accepted by 2/18 sites so far then there is something wrong with your article. What is it's spin %?

The blogs that are in the network can specify what minimum percent is needed to accept an article. The sites I have in the network (3 of them presently), are all set at 90% (the maximum). I would imagine most sites are set to the same.

It takes about 5 mins to get an article to that level. Spin the title about 5 times and you'll hit over 100%. Then for the body, spin each section 2-3 times. I do that and it gets me about 190% spun when finished. 5 mins of extra work and you can get your articles approved way more frequently.

My first few articles had horrible approval rates (like 10% overall) because I didn't spin them. When I first joined I didn't know how to do it because I skipped the videos. Then after spending some time learning how to actually use the system I have my articles getting approved 99% of the time now. Most of them get about 100 approvals/month and I have a lot of articles in the system now.

ArticleRanks doesn't use spyntax, they use their own internal spinning code. So you can't just upload a spyntax'ed article, you have to spin it withing their platform, but they make it really easy.

They don't tell you the sites on purpose. If you can get that list, then there's nothing to stop you from approaching those sites directly, but the main reason is to prevent Google and the other search engines from discovering the list of sites in the network and banning them.

If you want to find out where your article is listed, it's not too hard to get a list going from Google if you know how to enter complex search queries.

This isn't ezinearticles nor is it a profile page. Comparing it to those doesn't really do anything for your whine.

Unfortunately there are a ton of low quality blogs, but there's also a lot of good ones. I've found at least a dozen that have PR4 or higher that belong to the network.

As an alternative, why don't you add a blog to their network. If it has PR and starts taking articles, you'll get credits for free instead of having to pay. I have a PR2 blog that has been in the network for about 4 months now and it's earned over 1500 credits, which I haven't even come close to using. Last time I logged in I had like 1100 credits still on my account. That way you don't have to pay a penny.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
    Christian Little, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  3. deadlydave

deadlydave Peon

Best Answers:
    I have made sure that I have spun each article I have entered upto at least 105% average.

I have had the submissions below... what I actually really need now is someone to do the spinning of articles for me. I will supply the articles and pay someone to spin them into the system. I would be willing to pay for each submission to the network if anyone wants to make me an offer on a per submission basis. I would want at least 1 article per day doing. Anyone make me an offer?

[​IMG]

deadlydave, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  4. arymania

arymania Peon

Best Answers:
    another bullsh*t again

arymania, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  5. deadlydave

deadlydave Peon

Best Answers:
    excuse me?

deadlydave, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  6. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    if there is anyone who wants to buy credits on articleranks, I can sell it to you 50% off. however, articles must provided by you.

or you can get it for free if I can add one backlink of mine.

jophan, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  7. farskt.com

farskt.com Peon

Best Answers:
    looks like a nice site. I'm gonna give it a try.

farskt.com, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  8. ExtremistOak

Best Answers:
    Thanks keep the thread updated on your success :)

ExtremistOak, May 6, 2010 IP
  9. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Here's a copy/paste from my account to give folks who aren't yet members of the service an idea of what kind of results you can get:

"You have 64 articles registered on the system... The articles have been approved 5102 times and rejected 61 times, but have auto rejected 12, which means your articles have a rejection rate of 1%."

My most published article so far is one that I sent out on March 5th (about two months ago) and it has made it onto 146 sites. It's an article in the "Internet Marketing" category.

I also want to reply to wokaka since I think his post is way off the mark...

There's nothing "WTF?" about that. The $10 was for unlimited submissions (I believe the price is higher now? it should be, it's worth far more than that) and the $2 was for buying individual submissions (one by one.)

The fact that you only had 2 approvals vs. 16 rejections is proof that you did not use this service correctly. You must spin your article. As you can see from my stats above, I only have a 1% rejection rate because I make sure each of my articles is spun sufficiently (and submitted to an appropriate category.)

As far as not showing where articles went to, that's the standard for this type of service. If you really want to know where your articles went there are ways to figure that out. Some examples would be to use a unique string of words in the article and then search for them or to create a unique landing page which is only linked to from that article and check the backlinks with Yahoo Site Explorer.

The accusation you make about the admin using the articles while stripping the links is definitely uncalled for considering you have no proof of that. I've been using this service for over 6 months now and I have never encountered anything like that. Making an accusation like that without proof makes you appear.... Well there's no nice way to say it.

EZineArticles.com isn't really about building links. It's not very effective for that purpose. I use EZA more as a way of creating Google friendly landing pages than as a link building tool (the links I get from EZA are the gravy, not the meat.)

As far as profile link building... I don't even know what to say about that. In my experience article marketing using services such as ArticleRanks is a far better way of building links.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
    Zibblu, May 6, 2010 IP
  10. ExtremistOak

Best Answers:
    Thanks for clarifying that Zibblu

I just think some people do not read the instructions correctly on sites and they quickly jump to conclusions

ExtremistOak, May 26, 2010 IP
  11. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Articleranks is quite a good platform, however, please pay attention to those blog owners who simply delete the complete article from
    their blog and maybe take it elsewhere. I had pmed you two of this kind. Exclude them from your system, they should know that this kind
    of practise is harmful for the correct functioning of the system

jophan, May 26, 2010 IP
  12. DGMarkets

DGMarkets Peon

Best Answers:
    As a publisher, I gave up on Article Ranks. The quality of the articles is very poor (I rejected most of them because they seemed to be written by illiterates), the targeting is very poor (more than 80% of the articles I was sent had nothing to do with my blog), the quantity of articles sent was low (much lower than AMA) and I was often sent the same (or slightly 'rewritten') articles over and over and over.

All in all, it's just not worth my time sifting through the spammy crap for the very few articles that will actually increase the quality of my blog.

DGMarkets, May 26, 2010 IP
  13. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    well, yeah, I think the rewrite rate should be changed somehow. I realized that I had an over 100% rewritten rate but when I checked my articles on 2 different blogs, they had
    just a 10% uniqueness rate. That is too low. Maybe we should go for 200% or even 300% rewritten rate.

jophan, May 26, 2010 IP
  14. ExtremistOak

Best Answers:
    We will b adding higher percentages rates

We also now have a tag system where you can choose a category and tags so that articles have to match your category and tag requirements so you get laser targeted content.

ExtremistOak, May 27, 2010 IP
  15. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    a strange thing I have observed with new added articles:

I have increased the rewrite rate to over 300% and I got 18 published articles with 10 accepted ones. eh, how is that possible?

jophan, May 27, 2010 IP
  16. ExtremistOak

Best Answers:
    Hi

We are currently making huge changes and rewriting the way articles are distributed and published, so the system becomes a lot more efficient.. You may notice a site glitch in your article stats while we do this, please just refer to your published rates.

Because there are now so many sites and articles in the system this will allow us to load distribute the articles instead of putting pressure on the server.

ExtremistOak, May 28, 2010 IP
  17. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    currently, articleranks is getting a bit crazy, I think. A few days ago I had around 50 published articles, now it has gone back to 18, even very old
    articles show 66 instead of almost 100. so, which numbers shall I trust now?

jophan, May 31, 2010 IP
  18. sameer-sj

sameer-sj Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used this service to get some quality articles on my blog since i am busy with university. My blog 'was' a PR 2 [with do follow] and is now PR 1. At first the articles were satisfactory but then i started getting lots of 'b.s' articles. I never published any article without reviewing them. Most had bad grammer, too many keyword stuffing or simply too many links. And 99% of all the articles i received were spun articles.

The system is unique but like always there is no 'quality content' People use[or more like 'abuse'] this site to build one way links. I accepted a few articles and published them on my blog. But later when i used copy scape to find similar copies of those articles i was shocked that their were around 18 different sites with the same articles[well not entirely same]. This showed very bad spinning and i could have got 'penalized' for duplicate content. I had to remove most of the articles and edit the remaining ones to make them unique. In the end it took the same time i need for writing an article myself.

This is my review based on a 'website owner' perspective. It might be of better use to those bum marketers who get good links without hard work. So indirectly speaking its not worth it to spend the money.

What i would want changed?
    Allow the system to publish only quality articles. Or allow maximum spinning up to 5 or so for each article. Because there is no value a webmaster gets by publishing spun articles on their site without any content value.

sameer-sj, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  19. ExtremistOak

Best Answers:
    Hi

There is an announcement in the members area that shows the stats will be off for a few days.. We are currently rewriting the whole published process and changing the engine, therefore stats will be jumping all over the place as we switch and test the new engine. The reason for the high stats was because the new engine had bugs in it and it was not separating stats from your other articles correctly... So we returned the stats back to their current state before deploying the new engine, your true stats should filter through today.

The new engine is now rolled out although we are tweaking bits and pieces which should be complete latest by Wednesday, so you may see slow publishing rates until then.. But after this we are going to switch up the power and you should see much better distributions then you have been seeing in the past as we can now process more with multithreaded publishing

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
    ExtremistOak, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  20. ExtremistOak

Best Answers:
    Hi

I do not think the PR drop has anything to do with our content.. Did you lose any high PR links etc?

What % of uniqueness did you choose? We are adding upto 300% soon... We also have a tags system that a lot of webmaster do not use.. This is essential if you want laser targeted content as then the articles must meet the category and tag requirements.

ExtremistOak, Jun 1, 2010 IP