1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Articlebase Accounts Terminated!

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by candy_lim01, Nov 9, 2010.

1. evrik

evrik Peon

Best Answers:
    Think twice before you do something :p

evrik, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  2. vtimc

vtimc Peon

Best Answers:
    Articlebase does not auto approve articles any more ... They are moving towards the Ezine model.

Let's move on from here. I've already stop using Articlebase, focusing on new article directories.
    What's the point of submitting when your account Maybe terminated after 2 mths.

vtimc, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  3. koahost

koahost Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a simple solution for that, provide quality articles! After all those will provide the most views. My account at article base is fine. I still had a article auto-accepted about a week ago, I will give it a try tomorrow!

koahost, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  4. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly - that isn't true. Publishing a copied article probably wont get you much traffic, but search engine rankings are more about keywords and titles than how well written a particular article is.

dlm, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  5. jaykou

jaykou Active Member

Best Answers:
    They have some sort of program to check the articles for their uniqueness. If it is unique and original the article will be instantly approved within few minutes

jaykou, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  6. koahost

koahost Active Member

Best Answers:
    With quality articles I was talking about good titles, keywords and unique quality content. OVERALL Quality articles! I don't doubt that I can create some bad articles that are well key-worded and well titled, but that will just end up losing the interest of the reader. Guess it depends what you want to accomplish with your articles. Building juice for your landing page, or pre-selling with your articles, making the reader interested and building juice.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
    koahost, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  7. brada7x

brada7x Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I can guarantee that you guys who have had multiple accounts banned or even just a single account banned are pushing the crappy, spun content that is flooding AB. I have multiple accounts and haven't had a single one banned. The only people I see getting banned are those that use the EXACT same article over and over again but change keywords or those who submit multiple spun articles.

AB is obviously moving toward getting rid of the junk within the directory and who can blame them? There are masses of duplicate content on the site because, as mentioned by someone before, people jack others' articles all the time and use them as their own and spin articles 100+ times to submit. This is probably a step to safeguard the members who actually produce content that is worth a damn.

I've had to submit countless support inquiries to AB because I've had so many of my articles stolen. And they DO take action on this. So I would bet more than anything they have become overwhelmed with support emails similar to mine and have decided it's time to take down all the spammers & make it harder for them to squeeze through the cracks so they don't have to go through and hand pick them like they have been.

brada7x, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  8. Darkeralice

Darkeralice Peon

Best Answers:
    I never used articlebased but given this thread i just went there to take a peak.
    come on! these articles are crap / spam / crud / rubbish
    i just went into the first category "arts and entertainment"
    and 90% of the articles seem to me like pure garbage:
    "Watch Desperate Housewives Season 7 Episode 8 Sorry Grateful Online"
    "Watch 90210 Season 3 Episode 9 They're Playing Her Song Online"
    "Watch The Amazing Race Season 17 Episode 8"
    "Watch Family Guy Season 9 Episode 5 – Baby, You Knock Me Out Online"
    "Watch Rams vs 49ers Game Online Live"
    "Watch Seahawks vs Cardinals Online Free Live NFL"

This is spam and is a wonder how google did not ban articlebase up until now
    or moved them back to the very last pages on their search engine.

Darkeralice, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  9. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @dlm: It is sometimes important to go that far.

True. I have seen people submitting a lot of spam. Just a few of them - Jas0n D0n@ld, j0hn 3niste, St3v3n J. M0ss, Jim Mc3w@n :D (Correct the spellings) There is still a LOT of spam on AB.

jacky8, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  10. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Only saw this thread now. I'm late. :( I actually found out about AB in march or april I think it was, from jacky when he posted his method here on DP.

All I would do is copy and paste content from clickbank product sales pages, add a short review, and then an affiliate link. Making money this way was too easy - just spend a minute or two to copy and paste, add a short review, and generate a hoplink and use tinyurl or the like, and then resubmit the same article under different titles. I didn't really expect it to last long, I just tried to milk it for all I could. I have two accounts, my first and original account where I submitted half original articles and half copy/paste articles, and my second one where I submitted articles that were pure shit (copy/paste) and also just a few that I wrote myself. The second one was banned around a month ago. It was making the most out of my two accounts because I had a lot more articles on that account, and many that were promoting products that were recently launched.

I only gradually found out about my second account getting banned. First I checked one of my articles, and it just gave me an error. I tried logging in, didn't work. I honestly thought there was just something wrong with the site. I confirmed that I was banned when I checked my email - got 3 emails from ArticlesBase. 2 emails about two articles that were removed recently for plagiarism and another for spam, and then a third email saying I was banned for spamming. I can't remember what I thought or said to myself at the time, but it was probably something like, "wow, it's actually over. shit." hahaha. :D

It was saddening at first because it also came as a shock to me, and I'm sure some of you too - even though I kind of saw it coming, it still shocked me. I got over it pretty quickly though, thankfully. I learned a few good lessons about article directories from this experience. I think one of those lessons would be if you have an article ranking high for a good term, don't stop there - what you essentially want is your website to rank for that term instead, if not higher. Never rely on high ranking articles.

I will still continue to submit articles every now and then to ezinearticles and other directories, but I think for the most part, I'm done with article marketing. It's time to find better ways to promote products and just focus on building a site and getting it to rank. Might also be time to consider making my own product so I don't have to stress as much about promotion and just focus on the product at hand, sales page, etc.

From this experience I've also learned to be more careful and more diligent with how I promote Clickbank products. If anything, I'm just glad that my Clickbank account is still alive and kicking. :)

I still have my original articlesbase account that brings in a decent amount, but I'll just leave it. If they want to ban it, oh well. All I know is I'm done with AB and not going to bother with it anymore. Tried to milk it for all I could, and no regrets, or at least for now..

Anyways, hope you're all back on track after what has happened. Keep at it and stay focused. :) I know some of us are probably having some withdrawal symptoms - money came by easy, just spend 30 minutes a day to submit a bunch of crappy articles and you're already making money. I guess it just goes to show we're better off focusing on quality rather than quantity. We, as lazy humans tend to gravitate towards whatever is easy and takes less time hehe, but if we're gonna make good money, we gotta work hard for it, right? It's a lot more rewarding that way, and it'll do a lot for you as a person in the long run too.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
    Skribblez, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  11. Darkeralice

Darkeralice Peon

Best Answers:
    these are not articles.
    they should be called SPAMTICLES.

;)

Darkeralice, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  12. avemfly619

avemfly619 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you know any other article submission directory?

avemfly619, Feb 26, 2017 IP