1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Articlebase Accounts Terminated!

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by candy_lim01, Nov 9, 2010.

Recently when I login to AB, I realized my accounts were terminated without giving warning!

I had so many articles and all were lost overnight! They did not even give a warning.

I had been using Articlebase for many months, breaking up different niches using different accounts. They just send me email:Spam and deleted all my accounts.

I hoped Articlebase should at least give a warning so that the user can make necessary changes. Now I had lost many hrs of hardwork and $$$ invested.

I suggested do not use Articlebase anymore. They simply do not care about users and terminated accounts you've built over the years.

Anyone faced with similar problem? Do you have other instant approved article directory like AB to recommend?

Thanks

candy_lim01, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  2. Lynxtouch

Lynxtouch Peon

Best Answers:
    Did that with me as well.

They just deleted my account because I submitted 2 articles which were similar. I maaged to email them and get them to re-open my account but the content was lost.

Big lesson for me to not trust shady sites.

Lynxtouch, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  3. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is a real shame for you both, I am sorry.

However, the real lesson should not really be one of who to trust or not, but just to make sure you BUILD YOUR OWN SITES FIRST. Even if it's just a blog site where your master articles sit. Instead of building their business, bringing visitors to their Adwords Ads and other articles, bring it to your own site... it will start off slower but you will start to rank after a little while..

And obviously you never run the risk of getting months worth of work axed without warning by someone else...

... most of us get into this to be our own boss, actually make that happen with your own sites...

Could this be the best thing that ever happened to you? I think so - if you learn from it and focus on building your own sites and never relying on any one service so heavily..

Dan Bainbridge, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  4. Thedoper

Thedoper Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it seems articlesbase is cracking down crazy. some of my accounts got banned same way. they were all hq articles. Seems their auto approve is gone as-well. They explain their review process on their blog and seems that they becoming the new ezinearticles with their new review process.

Thedoper, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  5. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    They terminated all of your accounts? I thought you said you had multiple accounts, did they manage to ban all of them at once? You must have been doing something they didn't like with each of your accounts because for them to magically ban all of your accounts seems a little strange to me. I made a few different accounts to experiment with spinning articles just in case my spun articles didn't turn out to be unique content and I've had single accounts banned but not all of them at once. Sorry to hear about your bad luck and thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can prepare for stuff like this.

Le Dangles, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  6. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I saw this coming. I truly think this was necessary. The site was fast becoming a spam farm, and It was starting to affect their Google rankings.

I mean it when i say AB is the best article directory out there. It outperform Ezine, but still very flexible, thus attracting a lot of spam.

Last week I was talking with some of the big guys there at AB and they said they will be unleashing hell on all those spam accounts. So all those AB spammers should take note.

They now have a system that checks for duplicate content and reports back to them. Anyways, I really think that they should warn the authors before deleting their account, unless when they come across extreme cases where all articles in an account is spam.

Anyways, that is how the internet works. Lets see how it goes and try to adapt to the changes.

waxman1000, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  7. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Now AB is no better than EZA. Their traffic will drop 50% over the next year. What's the point of high Google rankings if no one wants to submit an article to your website?

dlm, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  8. Dan Bainbridge

Best Answers:
    I agree, but also it is all about money though, and obviously only they know this, but maybe they make more money by having less "spam" on there and higher rankings for their solid articles. I imagine it could be like having your own spammy / auto blog with 10,000 posts on there... making like $50 a month... instead you wipe it clean and write 20 articles a month yourself, they actually rank, are of good quality and lead to $300 commission... only for them this is scaled up to millions of pages and tens of $1000s ? .... maybe? I can only imagine money is the motivator behind their decision anyway..

Dan Bainbridge, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  9. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure that is their rationale. I just think they are wrong.

ArticlesBase.com is ranked #354 on Alexa...and while I think Alexa is basically useless, you don't get that high a ranking without a ton of traffic.

As for advertising revenue - does the quality of the articles really matter? I'd assume the only real variable is traffic...and dramatically reducing the number of articles will dramatically reduce their traffic as well.

dlm, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  10. Dan Bainbridge

Best Answers:
    Yeh I would of thought this too... I still do... but results and actions speak for themselves so maybe they know something we dont :)

Dan Bainbridge, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  11. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    They had to do this. I have emailed them several times asking to take down accounts that were blatantly copying my articles. There is a person who has several accounts with all stolen articles, his usernames go by "Niche name" expert.

They never cooperated with me so it is good to hear they are doing this with many violators. I guess they had started to get too many DMCA's and copyright notices. I'm happy to see them doing this.

I can still see a lot of those spammy accounts. I don't want to name any here though. Many months ago, I talked about a method by which people posted spun / similar content for hundreds of keywords. These spammers are still there, so there's a long way to go.

jacky8, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  12. teknetz

teknetz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, real quick, sorry to hear about whats been happening, and at the risk of sounding self-promotiny, I run an article site called articledigi dot com and would be happy to have you guys as members. The site doesnt look that great, but I'm getting some great traffic and would be able to approve your articles right away.

teknetz, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  13. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    It's hard to believe anyone would go through the DMCA process over an article...

Unless Google decided to threaten them with banning the entire site (which I can't see happening), this doesn't make much sense from a business point of view.

dlm, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  14. WordyDivas

WordyDivas Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sorry to anyone who had their accounts terminated and lost content. I only have an account with EZA, but I know I would be very upset if I lost it. I guess anyone continuing to use ArticleBase should consider taking steps to save copies of all articles they submit, just in case.

WordyDivas, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  15. trusteddigital

trusteddigital Peon

Best Answers:
    does anyone know how long the new approval time is. this is so ridiculous that there is no more instant approval.

trusteddigital, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  16. sitey

sitey Active Member

Best Answers:
    articlebase ranks high on alexa because it's a spammy site used by internet marketers who have alexa toolbar....

too bad for you brother if they do it to me, i commit suicide

sitey, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  17. candy_lim01

candy_lim01 Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you. Recently AB's PR went to 6. From then on, they decided to close down multiple accounts, even articles that are unique, but having more than 1 account will have all accounts ban over time.

I have a few accounts to seperate my niches. Slowly 1 by 1 they are terminating them. When I email them, they just said I have multiple accounts, and there's no way to reinstate them back.

My advise, since AB doesn't support Auto Approval and banning accounts, unless you want to take the risk, DO NOT use AB anymore.

Anyone can suggest other good sites that can auto approve and able to rank high in Google??? Share it here for readers....
    1 site will be Goarticles.

candy_lim01, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  18. jrafique

jrafique Peon

Best Answers:
    I have already left it. There links are nofollow, so have little worth for search engine.

jrafique, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  19. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The bottom line with Articlesbase is:

- It does generate valuable traffic, unlike other worthless article directories.
    - Articles at some point are auto-accepted.
    - And for those getting banned, there's apparently no reason for you to get banned unless you've copied content/opened multiple accounts or anything that breaks their TOS (I've seen people spaming the hell out of this directory with copied content)

Al.

evelinawilliams007, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  20. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that's the case any more - has anyone had any articles auto-accepted over the last week or so?

dlm, Nov 13, 2010 IP