1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Writing: Can It Help My E-book Sales?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dominiko, Apr 5, 2010.

Question: I wrote an e-book and I have a sales page selling it. Can I use article writing to promote my e-book?

Signed, Where are the Sales?

Dear Where are the Sales,
    Absolutely. In fact, I highly recommend it.

It’s a perfect fit. Think about it. You’ve already got the content, and you obviously don’t mind writing since you’ve written an entire e-book. You’re a perfect candidate for using article sharing to get traffic to your website – and sell more e-books in the process.

If article sharing is new to you, you’ll catch on quickly. It’s an easy process, and it’s so effective. Here’s all there is to it.

1. You write an article about your topic of expertise. Or you use a section from your e-book and turn it into an article.

2. Add an author resource box at the end that includes the URL to your website – where you want the website visitors to go. Ideally this would be the sales page for your e-book. (See the bottom of this article for an example.)

3. Submit your article to article directories. These article directories contain thousands of free articles that publishers can freely use on their websites, blogs and in their newsletters.

4. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Every time your article is published, your author bio will be included, giving you exposure for your website.

Now, if you have an affiliate program, there’s even more potential. If you’re smart, you’ll also send the articles to your affiliates and allow them to use the articles – and encourage them to replace your URL with their affiliate link for your program. A smart affiliate will grab those articles in a heartbeat and start publishing them all over the web.

I hope you’ll see the potential of article sharing, and embrace it. If not, you’re really missing out on an easy way to grow your business and generate large amounts of traffic to your website. I look forward to seeing your articles in the article directories.

dominiko, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  2. dicksonwoo

dicksonwoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think:

write a press release to submit to OnlinePRNews.com, or write a review, which seems like a review by users, to submit to article sites...

dicksonwoo, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  3. RJLandsdown

RJLandsdown Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It would be an easier process to have articles promote your book indirectly.

What I mean by that is if you are selling your book than have your articles talk about what
    is in the book an have them link to a squeeze page where
    you could grab the readers info and start building a list.

If you're selling your book rather than offering it as a free incentive
    then simply have a more informed article that points to a sales page.

as long as the ebook itself is not indexed online I'm sure you could
    even take excerpts from the book to show your audience
    how valuable it is.

Leave them with teasers and they will click forward to see what else you have to offer.
    One of the best ways to get your ebook sold is to offer something for free via squeeze page
    and then direct them towards the product you are selling.

This way even if they decide against the book you still have their info
    and you can market to them again and again

RJLandsdown, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  4. liciniusjack

liciniusjack Peon

Best Answers:
    It can be an effective way of selling your e-book. But your articles must be effective enough. It must leave an impression on the reader.

liciniusjack, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  5. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if the sales from article submission is not that fantastic, the sale page still benefit from the incoming links. The problem is that writing 100 articles with the same keywords or keypoints is quite tiring.

scheng1, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  6. KrisOlin

KrisOlin Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely! Write a series of short articles with proper keywords from you website and submit them to the big three: Ezine articles, Article Base and Go Articles. Also remember to post links to them on your Facebook Business page.

KrisOlin, Apr 7, 2010 IP
  7. itzball

itzball Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a site selling the ebook then yes, you can get loads of traffic and possibly sales trough backlinks in articles.

itzball, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  8. advertise

advertise Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is an effective way of promotion regardless of what you use it for. Of course you have to remember how to use it correctly. Your articles should always be informative, well structured and developed, with a good balance between keywords and content...

advertise, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  9. elizabeth-mary

elizabeth-mary Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is a great way to promote your site and gain traffic. Just make sure that your article gives good content and isn't another sales pitch.

elizabeth-mary, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  10. eatinfish

eatinfish Peon

Best Answers:
    along with all the above remember that google/search engines generally only index each original piece of content once. So if you have a way of rewriting your articles you will have more chance of getting searchengine exposure rather than just direct traffic from the directories

eatinfish, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  11. mcbrett

mcbrett Peon

Best Answers:
    Content marketing is def a great option. I would target some niche blogs and submit some really worthwhile content to them. Hopefully that audience recognizes how awesome you are and buys your ebook or signs up for an email list. Press Releases and article directories can't hurt either, but they are much less effective.

mcbrett, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  12. jinmin

jinmin Active Member

Best Answers:
    article marketing is great to promote virtually anything. From affiliate program, your own product, physical product, you name it. The secret is in order to have good exposure, you need to write consistently (or outsource it at $2 - $3 a piece). Alternatively, you may write a high quality article at 1000 - 1300 words and hope to pick up by ezine publishers. Once that happen, you will get tons of traffic overnight and definitely help you to sell your ebook...

jinmin, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  13. upshurcreative

upshurcreative Guest

Best Answers:
    The key is writing a good description in your resource box.

upshurcreative, Apr 11, 2010 IP