1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article] seo is dead

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by BusinessCoach, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well said Lady - I agree with you SEO is about as dead as crabs are.

Revelations-Decoder, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  2. BusinessCoach

BusinessCoach Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have maintained top 10 in the search engines for competitive key terms for my own and my clients sites since 1998

sorry about your condition...there is ointment for that...and they will die...like SEO already has.

BusinessCoach, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  3. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    You obviously have not heard about how crabs have evolved in air bubles in volcanic lava then I guess seeing as how you jump to such conclusions.

Sadly you are mistaken and such things we're here long b4 we we're and scientific study points to them also out lasting us to.

I could also say "childish - very childish" but most will likely work that out for their selves.

Revelations-Decoder, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  4. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    amazing how you equate living things to the dead practice of making a website rank in a search listing...really?

and while i believe there may be crabs that LIVE in air bubbles in lava...well to say the "evolved in" is just silly

really? they EVOLVED INSIDE THE AIRBUBBLE of a lava flow? what were they before they evolved into crabs? and what are all the other things living in these air bubbles?

I think you ahve watched too many episodes of DR Who.

BusinessCoach, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  5. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    Water droplets dopey the same things all life evolved from on Earth. Look it up there was a documentary by the BBC about the strange find a few years back.

Revelations-Decoder, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  6. mopes

mopes Peon

Best Answers:
    Constantly changing? Yes. Dead? No.

mopes, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  7. joel007

joel007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry OP, you cannot be taken seriously if you really think SEO is "dead".

joel007, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  8. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    In fact I just realised I have made a pretty fascinating observation here.

Water may be the main thing we can say life evolved from on Earth, but if we think about it logically water droplets inside lava bubbles would have been turned into steam and practically vanished (in so much as they would have been rendered into a gaseous state) so...

We can then logically work out the water droplets these (cannabalistic) crabs evolved from obviously formed from "gases".

This means that prior to water "gases" are the precursors to water.

What this means is that in order for life to have evolved from water "gases" needed to exist in order to create the water.

H2O - eg water is hydrogen and oxygen, so we can step a further step backwards as to where the orgins of life stem from.

Of course we still have the problem of "Where did Hydrogen and Oxygen come from" but hey I am just harping on about your sarcy comment about crabs/lifeforms and suposedly dead SEO.

Until SE's discontinue the use of "Words" to find and distinguish things as relevant and worth listing highly in their index as they (also) evolve I still say your "SEO is dead" statement is wrong and would even go as far as saying somewhat naive.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
    Revelations-Decoder, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  9. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Tricks come and go. Right now inter-linking is hot. However it might have declining value. Google matures faster than trend followers. Content (quality articles) using SEO are the strong backbones. Those using temporary tricks, may experience a temporary presence. All are needed, but articles of top notch making and SEO and SEM strategies are steady. When your high horse slips, watch out. You might land up in the pile your horse left behind. Good luck, while you horse race around Others are building strong foundations for long term solutions. I do not want a ton of kiddie, pre-teen, and immature adults for my sites.

dyadvisor, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  10. befree22

befree22 Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you obtain only network advertising for affiliate offers (banner ads, text ads, etc) , you can't avoid SEO.

befree22, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  11. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    viral marketing has nothing to do with interlinking...and if you think social media is about "kids and preteens"...then you live in a very small world...and are missing the LONG term value of social media.

SEO not only can be, but should be avoided. It is a dead horse

BusinessCoach, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  12. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your version of what you think SEO is, is a dead horse. You keep mischaracterizing what SEO is. You are the one that lives in a small world. SEO has moved out of last century for everyone except you.

Agent000, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  13. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    THE DEFINITION of "search engine" optimization is and always will be the same -- all your efforts focused on ranking in the "search engine"

when 8 out of 10 people used them...thats great

now only 4 out of 10 use them...so....its not so great.

Adapt SEO all you want, it comes down to a focus on search engines (usually google) you are the one who is in the last century...kinda like the yellow pages

14. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
  15. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:

so...the teenys must be coming from SEO cuz they are NOT coming from social media as a whole

man, imagine if you actually researched what the real world was like...i bet you could accomplish much more!

16. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    SEO AUTOPSY REPORT

google with twice as much share as yahoo, ask and bing combined - has for the 4th CONSECUTIVE month lost search share

http://searchengineland.com/google-s...-hitwise-39584

YES STILL, we know that internet USAGE is going UP...especially now with mobile web and developing countries coming online.

So if MORE PEOPLE are DOING MORE on the internet...

yet SEARCH ENGINES VOLUME is declining...

what does that mean in regards to search engines?

maybe it is because, people are no longer looking for things anymore? how ridiculous...

The answer is that people no longer USE ENGINES to find things!

Lets look at the facts:

SEARCH ENGINE GROWTH (shrinkage) RATE (Source: comScore qSearch):

March, 2009: 33.1%
    June, 2009: 21.8%
    September, 2009: 17.3%
    December, 2009: 16.5%
    January, 2010: 12.4%
    February, 2010: 10.4%
    March, 2010: 7.6%

wow....drop drop drop! what is your answer for that SEO LOVERS? ELVIS, Tupac, Hoffa and SEO are all alive..I SWEAR IT!

IN PRACTICAL TERMS:

Because the average computer user does NOT know the difference between the search bar and address bar...you can tell a lot by search terms entered into engines where and what people are doing on the internet

#1 search term for ALL 3 MAJOR engines (yahoo, bing, google) was surprise:

FACEBOOK!

as well as FACEBOOK LOGIN ranking very high
    (top 4 spots all 3 major engines) shows the same trend

(Source: Experian Hitwise)

That is where people are GOING...and facebook is just ONE of the MANY MANY MANY social-based sites.

There are TONS of others who get quite a bit of search volume (10s of millions per month) each site.

You don't think facebook and social media as a whole can overtake "THE GOOGLE"?

Heard of the "open-like" debate due to facebooks new "likes" linking system?

HAHAHAHA BYE BYE GOOGLE AUTHORITY (on ranking the web)!

That is going to be a GAME changer....social based ranking, rather than authority based ranking is the trend. Democracy over Monarchy.

oh hey wait a minute! That ALREADY HAPPENED

IN MARCH the #1 VISITED SITE WAS
    '
    drumroll:::::

FACEBOOK! overtaking GOOGLE!
    (http://weblogs.hitwise.com/heather-d...ranking_i.html)

surprised? only if you still think SEO will be around much longer.

A recent Internet Retailer Survey report says:

"28.0% of merchants report more than 25% of their site traffic stems from paid search advertisements while 51.5% say more than a quarter of their traffic comes from natural search"

the HIGHEST category can only say "more than a quarter".

a quarter? 25% - less than 3 out of 10?

So where could the rest of the customers be coming from??? (hint hint...starts with an "S" and rhymes with "Ocial Edia")

The reality is, the average for all (paid and natural/organic) is actually only about 6-12%.

Up to 23% if you want to be aggressive with your stats.

It all depends on who you ask where it falls in that range.

Online Publishers Association says:

"the time spent with social networking has escalated to well over 200 minutes a month, compared to email, which grabs about 125 minutes a month of our time."

Do you think "search" is anywhere near those numbers? NOT!

According to a presentation at the WWW 2010 CONFERENCE

"(Recent Statistics) tell us that main web search accounted for 6.2 percent of all pageviews, multimedida searches take up 1.4 percent, and item searches another 1.4 percent. "

thats just 10 measly per cent folks!!!!

"...those pages browsed as a result of searches result in another 12.4 percent of pages visited on the Web."

so how do we get to 20%?

Well...

You have to actually COMBINE all the searches AND THE PAGES THEY LEAD TO to get to 20%

So its search AND their results...wink[​IMG]

This is the only way engines can even begin to look a "little" good.

In fact, Yahoo Says Search is only 1 of the things they will be doing in the future. (and not necessarily a big thing)

YAHOO is now focusing LESS on search (even though the Microsoft-Bing/Yahoo merger has been approved - a dollar short and a day late I might add)

Yahoo said:

"Yahoo Inc. stresses that it’s still in the online search business, but a series of papers and presentations the company is unveiling at a major conference this week underscore how navigating the Web has less to do with the search box and blue links we know so well.

Instead, Internet surfers are increasingly relying on social networks, location-aware smart phone applications and voice or images to steer them to the content they find most relevant and engaging. The direction of Yahoo’s research and business model, as well as broader sector trends, are starting to reflect this changing reality. "

Wait...did they just slip and say surfers are

INCREASINGLY RELYING ON SOCIAL NETWORKS (instead of search)????

Did they say this was for Yahoo and "broader sector trends" (ie industry peers)???

Makes sense, few years back ASK.com dropped out of being aggressive in the search market.

Oh YEAH - and combine that with that fact that they have also SHUT DOWN THEIR PUBLISHER NETWORK (thier competitor to Google Adsense which never officially made it out of Beta)

and...well...

THE Writing is on the wall friends (and others)!

SOOOOOOOO -- that's enough from me

ENOUGH of me proving what I wrote was true...

i have produced tons of evidence that SEO IS DEAD...

SHOW ME EVIDENCE SEARCH IS ACTUALLY GROWING OR STAYING STABLE!

I am pretty confident nothing released past October 2009 will state that.

BusinessCoach, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  17. Meglepett

Meglepett Active Member

Best Answers:
    The OP is from USA(per location Florida). The title should be - SEO is dead in USA - and I would agree with this statement.

It might be very alive for the rest of the world.

Meglepett, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  18. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    What a misleading moniker Business Coach, BS You have added nothing of value to this posting but your mouth.

It took me 10 years to make my money on the internet, using SEO and articles. If you looked at another Forum, not as credible as DP, you will see their new approach. All types of schemes are as of today being eliminated. Like DP they believe you can make money above table, not just under it. By the way, how can you make your pennies with so much rambling. I could show you evidence of SEO BC. My property, Rolls collection, Corvette collection, and one of the biggest log homes. However, I am a good shot. And I do not think you would make it past the gate. Your reputation as a coach is being taken as a cockroach looking at all the other posts. Well, maybe not, cockroaches do not like light, you enjoy hogging it. Hope your customers read your posts. That is if any suckers believe you. You certainly are not a business coach. The business coaches I know talk and act professional. Join the article writers slaving to make a buck, but they would probably kick you out also. All talk, no action. I can prove mine, all made the honest way with real business people.

dyadvisor, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  19. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    its not dead it may be dying slowly but not dead. Both viral marketing and seo can be useful there are still millions of people typing something into google every day so its not a waste of time trying to get your site high in the engines.

any examples of viral marketing that can be useful?

ErikJ, Apr 30, 2010 IP
  20. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    \

it took you 10 years? wow thats a long time...sorry it was so hard for you..sorry you see "article marketing" as a business and that you consider it "slaving" just to make a buck.

Before there was a WWW...i owned an ISP company. I sold Dial up access and hosting to corporations. Before that I helped run and marketing through BBS services.

I have been successful with the internet in one way or another SINCE 1990.

My track record is pretty well known, well publicized and respected among BUSINESS PEOPLE...not people slaving for articles...but people making money in brick and mortar as well as internet businesses.

people with overhead and employees.

Too bad its been hard on you. It is not for me, or my clients.

I don't see anyone here looking for a spotlight..except you. So take it you feel better? why not show us pictures of your log cabin...yes it is totally unrelated to this thread but hey, it is necessary for you to feel like you have meaning in life apparently.

articles? really? go ahead and work hard the next 10 years on something that wont be relavent in the next 3.

I will continue to live in my big city home, with my wonderful wife. <<<<< catch that?

there is nothing you could ever do or say that affects me. somehow though, what I said rattled your whole entire world.:cool:

I can understand if it took you 10 years to figure out how to make money online, and suddenly your primary source is gonna dry up...i would have my britches in a bunch too.

Too bad you missed the point on how to correct it.

Its always the smallest minded people who resort to attacking people (ones they don't know or anything about at that)

I take it you disagree that SEO is dead? I have posted no less than a dozen FACTS of the industry

why don't you post some that state otherwise?

no, you clearly no ZERO about the industry...which makes YOU the one running their mouth for no reason at all.

Contribute something to the conversation, or go shoot racoons at your cabin.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
    BusinessCoach, Apr 30, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.