1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article] seo is dead

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by BusinessCoach, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johngodfrey122

johngodfrey122 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is quite a long article to be based in complete factlessness.

If he really believes SEO is dead, I have some analytics to show him...

johngodfrey122, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  2. farangkwaiyai

farangkwaiyai Guest

Best Answers:
    Well summed up, SEO is still the king, and its also important not to forget other ways of getting traffic

farangkwaiyai, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  3. BusinessCoach

BusinessCoach Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your head is in the SEO sand

Google does not make the rules....anymore - those days are gone - which is why they are scrambling to do evertything from make browsers to cell phones.

As far as viral, many more succeed than fail...unlike with SEO where people pay 1000s and get nothing but told "well it takes time" hahahaha....oh yah there are plenty of stats out there...hmmm maybe GOOGLE will help you find them.

Google makes the rules to those who think they do. there are millions of people who NEVER use google -- they are on bing and yahoo. if google were king, there would be NO OTHER search engine...heck - even MAMMA is still alive and kicking

Through the eyes of SEO anytime someone writes something...you think its linkbait. How foolish to think authors write for search engines and NOT FOR PEOPLE..it is because of that foolish seo rumor why there are so many nonsense articles and spinners...because stupid people write for engines...ULTIMATELY a HUMAN has to read it if youe xpect money (unless all you have is ppc income) - and any real author knows this.

WRITING is a concept that has been out LONG BEFORE any internet arbitrage schemes.

lets see who gets more traffic Facebook or Google? (facebook)

Now who gets more traffic Google or Myspace, Youtube, Facebook and Twitter combined? (again NOT Google)

and thats just the "top 4"....do you REALLY think dominating a search is MORE POWERFUL than dominating the social media? Funny I hear facebook and twitter mentioned on the news all the time. Google tried with a couple auto dealers and FAILED at the "type Toyota into google" concept. Yet, i constantly see and hear peoples twitter and facebook pages mentioned in advertising, and the company'es them selves in news reports

Ok so YOU look in the search engines...if you notice each survey shows LESS AND LESS people go to search engines first...in fact people go to FRIENDS and FAMILY before anything...and that includes SOCIAL MEDIA INTERACTION....try looking at statistics that came out later than 2007 ok? Preferably the ones that came out in 09 and 10...Things have changed

if fails because it is NOT an attempt at linkbait. It is called an ARTICLE...not linkbait. DP already knows its dead. Which is why they added a forum called 'SOCIAL NETWORKS' right under the SEO forum in the MARKETING section ;)

SHOW ME

why is it important to NOT forget the "other" ways? I will tell you why..because if you DO THE OTHER WAYS..you don't need SEO AT ALL.

BusinessCoach, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  4. fr@nc!z

fr@nc!z Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe SEO is died or will die. It might evolve int something better; but it will continue to exist.

fr@nc!z, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  5. DubDubDubDot

DubDubDubDot Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you really need ten billion words to say what could have been said in a few paragraphs?

I think this one quote is reflective of your whole message:

Webmasters have been doing this for many, many years in various forms as a supplemental traffic source when a site isn't getting sufficient natural traffic. This goes back to the mid 90's with the opportunities to spread word around about your site in comment boxes and even BBS's way before that.

The problem here is that you can't really force something to go viral. You can talk about something all you want, but others won't pass it on if it sucks. So when you talk about strategic viral marketing, that isn't the same viral that is experienced by a video of twenty kittens being passed around among ten million people.

The "fake viral saturation" that is the topic of this thread is only as good as how many posts and submissions you are willing to do. Once that stops, the pseudo viral effect stops shortly thereafter.

So no, this is not some secret silver bullet that is the ticket to wealth.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
    DubDubDubDot, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  6. DubDubDubDot

DubDubDubDot Peon

Best Answers:
    The OP wants us to be impressed by his SEO is dead article, click the link in his sig and buy his viral marketing services. This is so typical of DP. lol

DubDubDubDot, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  7. bluefx

bluefx Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! That was a nice read. Unfortunately, I would have to disagree that SEO is already dead. It may be true that some new vehicles like social networking sites are changing the way people search for websites, search engines (Google, in particular) can still give you the bulk of the traffic for your website.

bluefx, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  8. thebitbotdotcom

thebitbotdotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    SPAM! SEO is not dead and never will be. It's importance may fluctuate as a sub-function of an overall marketing strategy, but will always remain as an irreplaceable part of it.

thebitbotdotcom, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  9. longertail

longertail Peon

Best Answers:
    Really? Why are we still here?

longertail, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  10. Deminder

Deminder Peon

Best Answers:
    'SEO is dead' - a slogan of those who can't addapt, and when old techniques stop working, they start whining.

Deminder, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  11. jason_simpson

jason_simpson Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO isn't dead, but links are losing their power as a search engine signal because they are too easy to manipulate.

jason_simpson, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  12. TheGoogleGurus

TheGoogleGurus Guest

Best Answers:
    Why are these people using Bing and Yahoo, haven't they heard about social media (lol)?

SEO isn't limited to Google, SEO will also target the other people you mentioned, that use Bing and Yahoo.

But are the people on Facebook trying to find your product or service? Are they a targeted audience? NO, many of them are teenagers, many of them are people who are just on there to try and talk to friends, catch up with people, try and get a date etc. Not targeted in the slightest.

The beauty of SEO is that it connects the people who are ACTIVELY LOOKING for your product or service, with your website. Social media does not do this. It's not all about traffic numbers, its about how targeted the traffic is, and how well it converts.

How is that a fair comparison, pitting the top 4 social media sites against one search engine?

You answer this, who gets more traffic, Facebook or Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask combined? (not Facebook)

Out of interest can you link us to these "statistics" you keep quoting?

My original point is still valid, in my opinion pretty much EVERYONE that is looking to make a purchase online will turn to a search engine before a social media site, sorry if you disagree, but that's my opinion.

Did they remove the SEO forum though? Surely they would if it was dead? Right now there are 31 people viewing the SEO forum, and 11 viewing the Social Networks one. THREE times more people are interested in optimising for search engines, than social media, now tell me again that SEO is dead.

Sorry if I come across a little harsh, but you voiced your opinion, so I'll voice mine. I'm not for one minute saying that social media doesn't have its advantages, but it hasn't, and won't ever, replace SEO in my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
    TheGoogleGurus, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  13. sevnrock

sevnrock Peon

Best Answers:
    I attended the Search Engine Strategies conference in New York last month and it was the biggest conference for Search Engines yet. To say SEO is dead is not only a ridiculous statement, but a dumb one that tries to convert clueless customers and generate buzz that will soon be forgotten. I guarantee any customer with any sense in online marketing will not buy any services from you. It's one thing to promote just viral marketing, but it's entirely another thing to promote it by saying SEO is dead.

What you don't understand is that Search Engines are constantly adapting for Social Media. And accordingly, SEO is adapting as well. Your knowledge and idea of SEO is outdated and dead. That at least is correct.

Oh and on a side note: your website is incredibly unprofessional. Who would take business advice from someone who doesn't invest in their own business? Paying $37 for a WordPress theme and trying to design your own mastheads and logo is not a solid start to a business.

sevnrock, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  14. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    Boy you are just wrong on everything huh?

congratulations on going to a conference designed to try to keep a dying industry alive...if you have EVER been to any industry conference...when do they say "hey guys, our industry is dying, chalk it all up"

lol.

Your "guarantee" is worth as much as your opinion..nothing...because our EXISTING customers would have to DISAGREE with you! I guess they have no sense...like you do maybe?

What YOU don't understand is that the reason they are ADAPTING 'for' social media is because SOCIAL MEDIA IS KING...notice social media is NOT ADAPTING for search. If SEARCH were so important, social media would be focused on SEO...it is not. SEO and SEARCH is chasing Social media. Trapped by your own words.

Considering My SEO efforts consistently achieve top 10 results..you are wrong again.

we own over 100 targeted/niche based sites...and in my 20 years of experience...there is always a critic.

You do not HAVE to like our site. What you call "unprofessional", consistently gets us compliments and closes sales. So....i think we will stick with what we are doing..since it is WORKING!

BusinessCoach, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  15. sevnrock

sevnrock Peon

Best Answers:
    A conference designed to keep a dying industry alive? SES has been THE search conference since 1999 and in 2010, guess what, it was their biggest conference yet. Are you telling me they made the conference back in 1999 because Search was dying? Please...

Yes, it is my opinion. Just like it's your opinion that SEO is a waste of money.

They are adapting for Social Media because it's a smart business move. I'm not disagreeing with you that SM is big, but it's stupid to put all your money into SM and ignore SEO. The best and top SEO companies should be incorporating SM into their services, I know mine does. How many times you seen SEO and Social Media put in one sentence? Countless times I'm sure.

If you think Search is dead, why does it matter you get top 10 results? That's a bit hypocritical.

If it's working, why are you here on DP promoting your business with the likes of other failing marketing businesses? There are no top marketing companies here promoting their services. SEOmoz isn't here plugging their tools.

I just find it funny that you guarantee a successful viral marketing campaign, when your website looks like something I could've made when I was 12. Splash page, for example, looks like a website from 1999 and your front page masthead still has text from the Wordpress theme: "Full HD Hotness with images up to 1920px width."

16. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    what a silly statement -- SEARCH was KING in 1999

the industry has SINCE died...but a conference won't say that...

No that is actually a fact, there was even a major article on it in a major business publication a few months back!

again social media is NOT adapting to search or SEO -- so WHO IS KING?

siMPLY showing my expertise...that unlike you, I am basing off of experience, not opinion.

again, you speak out of ignorance...and that was the most ignorant AND INCORRECT thing you have said thus far.

hey, we just closed another 2000 sale...must be doing SOMETHING right!

You are apparanetly only 17 or so ...so...I don't expect you to undersand much about business

BusinessCoach, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  17. Newviewit

Newviewit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Submitting articles to ezine and related blogs is and always will be a great source for traffic.

Social media takes more skill and knowledge to get valuable traffic from... it is not for everyone!

Newviewit, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  18. TheGoogleGurus

TheGoogleGurus Guest

Best Answers:
    The most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Just because someone from a major business publication shares your deluded opinion about SEO being a waste of money, it suddenly becomes fact. What planet are you on, seriously?

TheGoogleGurus, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  19. amasters

amasters Peon

Best Answers:
    Really, viral marketing is just one way to achieve SEO; in this sense it is subsumed under the category of SEO. Getting the right kind of organic links is the objective.

amasters, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  20. sevnrock

sevnrock Peon

Best Answers:
    You're not getting my point. If the industry died WHY was the biggest Search conference ever in 2010? That's showing growth not decline. Get it through your thick head.

Show me. Saying SEO died is fact is probably the dumbest thing I've read in a while.

Do you even understand what search engines are? They're information gateways - it only makes sense for them to adapt to something as big as Social Media. SM websites are outlets for social interaction. It makes no sense for SM to adapt to Search - how will that even work? Makes me wonder where your business is headed if you can't even wrap your head around that concept.

Showing your expertise through words. I'm not here to brag, but I do online marketing for big companies and corporations. These companies have been seeing consistent year-over-year growth in SE traffic and conversions. I'm not even going to name my company to protect their reputation.

You based my age and business sense off two posts? That really shows how mature you are. I'm basing your business sense by your lame article and the terribly constructed website you presented.

I mean, it's so hard to believe someone converted from this website: http://www.guaranteedviral.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.