1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing Journal: 12 months to reach $10,000 per month.

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by willyboy104, Dec 26, 2009.

1. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good question.

I actually meant test it works, however getting on to how I will test it converts. I have an email list within this market niche therefore I shall be testing it with this list.

However apart from this I will be asking my copywriter friends and testing/tweaking the sales page whilst I use it. I have also studied health related sales pages extensively so I hope I have added every criteria needed to make the page convert.

I believe that there is a limit to the amount you can test a sales page yourself without actually putting it out their, live in front of real customers so that they can test it for you. I am the type of person to keep tweaking as soon as I have data to analyse, therefore I will also be using Google analytics to track traffic.

Thanks for your question hope this helps.

willyboy104, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  2. Anna B

Anna B Peon

Best Answers:
    great idea! one of th first principles of success is to write down your goals... good luck!

Anna B, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  3. nut legend

nut legend Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This journal has really inspired me, although I have never made anything from affiliate marketing (spent enough though.....) this journal is getting me back into affiliate marketing, just hope it goes better this time. Out of interest, do you think afiiliate marketing is dead for beginners because I was on another forum and all the members were saying its dead, although they could have been saying that because they just didn't want more competition.....

Anyway back on topic, good luck and I wish you the best in your goal, and I will also be trying a goal myself, however, it is a lot smaller than yours for now.

Best Regards,

Josh

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
    nut legend, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  4. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    Thank you Nut legend I was playing around with some stuff and seems I messed something up =D fixed now I believe. If so please delete the image, it looks nasty xD

I am very pleased to hear you are getting back in to affiliate marketing, persistence is the key my friend. As for your question about affiliate marketing being dead for beginners. I don't believe this at all, I can't believe this either considering I am currently "trying" to teach my girlfriend how to make money using affiliate marketing.

I believe the competition has become more intense and many markets are rinsed with affiliates therefore it may become more tough. But whilst this happens the internet is evolving, newer ways of marketing are becoming obvious, the psychology of internet surfers is changing, therefore the way we market products and the way relationship marketing works changes with this.

I don't think marketing in any aspect will ever die because there will always be a market for marketers, unless the economy disappears which is highly unlikely. I do realise its much harder for affiliates to find a market which hasn't got too much competition and is relatively easy to make sales in however it can and does happen every single day.

I am planning on writing a 30 days to make a sale course for newbie/beginner marketers however this is now being prolonged for several months whilst I get established.

Thanks for your question an interesting one at that which I am sure has many different opinions, very interested in hearing other peoples.

willyboy104, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  5. Hip_notic

Hip_notic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any updates for today ?

Hip_notic, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  6. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, they don't want to encourage people to try affiliate marketing because there's already a lot of competition. Its not dead for beginners, it won't ever be. But it is difficult considering the unwillingness of a beginner to invest the required amount. There are free methods too. For beginners, its good to post around 4 articles and work hard to rank them well. Keep working until they rank well. Once they do, you need just the maintenance work and you can put more articles online. You can't really hope to target multiple niches easily if you don't have big amounts to invest. Hope that made sense to you. Good Luck!!

jacky8, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  7. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    People on forums are stupid.

:rolleyes:

:D

dlm, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  8. writerforever

writerforever Peon

Best Answers:
    If affiliate marketing is dead, then why are there many affiliate marketers swirling online? For sure, they don't want to have a newbie to join the league in order not to increase competition. Just my own opinion ofcourse:)

writerforever, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  9. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    Hey mate. There were no updates yesterday as I went to my girlfriends parents house for New Years. The good old meet the parents scenario, luckily everything went well.

I will be back to work tomorrow and powering on. The plans for tomorrow are quite large since I have halted work for two days, however I will explain more tomorrow :)

Thank you for your keen interest, I shall update daily.

Good point to make, one which I tried myself. Internet marketing will never die and because of this affiliate marketers will always be needed. As it naturally happens in any job sector people retire, decease and then others take their place. Even though their is an influx in people becoming interested in affiliate marketing the growth of the internet is surely making up for this ten fold.

Thanks for your input.

True, the amount of false information that goes around forums is ridiculous.

Good point to make. Its true, affiliate marketing is more popular now then ever for both buyers and sellers.

Thanks everyone and as I mentioned I will be updating this tomorrow. Thanks everyone who is following.

willyboy104, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  10. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    Today has been a hectic day, with New Year ’s Eve and New Years day having very little work production since I was visiting my girlfriend’s parents house. I came back today and planned to do lots of work.

But before I go in to detail I just want to make a point. Whether you are self employed working on Internet Marketing full time or juggling a 9-5 job that you hate whilst trying to create a network empire which will support you and your family and allow you to quit your job. You need to ensure at some point during each week that you make time for YOU. Do something you enjoy doing, even if you enjoy Internet marketing like myself. Do something different. I also enjoy snooker so I would go and play snooker. Go out, get some fresh air. I enjoy cycling so tend to go cycling a lot. At some point during each week and during each day take a little bit of time of and do something for yourself. If you enjoy cooking, go out get some fancy ingredients cook yourself and perhaps a loved one a meal. Spend quality time with your family and friends because no one is here forever and you never know when it’s going to be the last day you will get to spend together.

I apologise for the depressing start to todays up date however I feel it is extremely important to make note of this. Too many people take for granted the time and chances they have to spend with ones they love. Yes, money is important it helps provide a quality life for yourself and your family but it is not everything.

Love cannot be bought and time with loved ones does not have a price.

Anyways, I hope that inspires and motivates some people to go and spend more time with their friends and family. Now where was I?

Ah yes, today’s activities. Well today has been an extremely busy day. I started the day with a to-do list, very important for anyone who wants to get somewhere in life. Especially when you are self employed and do not have a manager or supervisor breathing down your neck, the to-do list replaces this position.

I planned on creating two websites in one niche one was going to be a copy of a products sales page and then a redirected affiliate link to their sales page and to their payment page. The second site was going to be established as a blog and a sales page on the domain.

For example www.mysalespage.com – this would have the sales page OR review page then;

www.mysalespage.com/blog - would have the blog on. The purpose of this is to ensure that I have space for a sales/review page and to increase my chances of conversions and my options. As I can now direct traffic to one of two areas. The sales/review page or the blog.

I then purchased/found some PLR material for this market as well as the website I created over the last two days. I purchased this from tradebits.com and then repackaged this to create 2 products per market. One which I plan on giving away as either a bonus or an incentive to subscribe and the other which I would sell through Paypal for $7.00 and $9.97. These pages have also been created and have the whole payment system running.

I have also created two opt in pages for each market both listing the benefits of subscribing to the newsletter whilst making clear that we don’t spam or give away their contact information to any third party company. I think this is very important when trying to collect email lists in any other market apart from Internet marketing. As most people are unfamiliar with newsletter lists and are still sceptical about giving away their email addresses and other contact information.

I then spent the remainder of today creating lists and ideas for what I would send out in the newsletters. I plan on giving away free tools/information straight away including eBook guides then creating 10 or more follow up emails containing weekly guides or information to help those in my area of interest.

The benefit of doing this is that you build a long term relationship with the potential customer which helps for relationship marketing. After several days or weeks follow up emails the subscriber is used to opening my emails and used to me sending them valuable information. They then start to respect and trust me and listen to what I say and that’s when I start to soft sell a product or service perhaps my own or someone else’s. After several days or weeks soft selling a certain product I would then end it with a hard sell or push for them to purchase the product with a higher percentage of people converting.

After the initial purchase you start providing more information for free and valuable tools/resources because you know that they convert. Once you get a subscriber to purchase through you then the chances are they will purchase again so they become even more valuable to you and a bigger asset of your list.

Overall today has been an extremely productive day I also came across several other ways of making money which I will be testing out over the next couple of weeks. Tomorrow’s plan of action is to finish creating the last two websites in the latest market for testing then to start with these three markets for bum/article marketing and see where it takes us. An important note to make is with each market I will be creating a list of subscribers for long term financial rewards.

Also just to note the first market I have acted on for this journal has started to provide sales I will speak more about this tomorrow as it is one I started a week before the journal but one I will be including in this journal.

Yesterday’s income from this market: £80.54

Thanks everyone for following this journal if you have any questions just ask.

willyboy104, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  11. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    OK so today's main objectives are to add some articles to the websites I have established for the affiliate marketing of other people's products. I will be adding these articles then submitting them to ezine articles in a couple of days time when they have been indexed by Google.

I am also trying to decide what to add to the newsletters I have for each affiliate website. At the moment I have 2 products to sell to each newsletter for $7 each and I have two follow up emails for each newsletter but thats not enough.

The plan is to add abhout 14-20 follow up emails per newsletter for the first 14-20 days then soft sell them one or both of the products with a good amount of bonuses to make it enticing.

Therefore I am in search of good bonuses and good products/material to give to the newsletter lists for free to develop the relationship between myself and my subscribers.

What else am I doing today...erm well I am currently testing a new making money idea but apart from that spending some of my time on my other sites/projects.

Thanks everyone for following.

willyboy104, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  12. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    Today's first update. Well I currently have 50 articles ready to be submitted for my first niche, which I am going to add to my blog today so they trickle through 1 per day and as they get published there I will add them to ezine articles as the first part of the article marketing journey.

The other niche has 25 articles ready and waiting to be published, which I am also going to trickle through to my blog then submit to ezine articles.

The third niche has already had some articles submitted to ezine articles however they have not been accepted yet so just waiting.

After they have been submitted at ezine articles they will all be bookmarked and then submitted to several other article directories.

I shall update later with my progress.

willyboy104, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  13. samcamfilms

samcamfilms Peon

Best Answers:
    This is really really good, I have not been on these forums for a few years now, but this makes me want to get back into it.

Your a purely lidgit person, so i will be following you like my cat chases the car.

Best Regards

Sam

samcamfilms, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  14. My220x

My220x Member

Best Answers:
    You writing the articles yourself or paying someone?

Also are you going to take your blog posts and create a summarized version for ezine or just copy + paste the whole blog post?

My220x, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  15. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    you write

but this doesn't really have to do with article marketing, not in that sense. If you do pure, classic article marketing, $10000/month MIGHT be doable - but amongst many other factors i think VOLUME would be key. You would always take a certain amount of your earnings and outsource more, have a HUGE volume of articles going in EZA basically every day..then this very well doable.

Of course i assume you know the basics about keyword research, you have a good niche, your writers are good and the landing page also.

But if you count your earnings as CB vendor into your article marketing earnings its misleading, really.

GeorgR., Jan 6, 2010 IP
  16. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    Thank you Sam for your kind words. Hope this inspires you to act on everything.

Good question. I will be writing half the articles myself and half will be outsourced to, two article writers I hire.

I will copy the exact article to ezine articles just with an altered title and a resource box which will be different for most articles so I can test different resource boxes.

This is important to do when article marketing, you need to test different resource boxes to see which has the highest CTR then make several slightly different alterations of the highest CTR resource box. Keep doing this until you are at 100% CTR, highly unlikely but somewhere close would be nice.

Hello George, good point.

What I meant was I would be producing my own products as a vendor and I would sell them myself through article marketing to then increase SEO. Since article marketing has a direct effect on SEO I will be counting in the search engine traffic. However affiliate traffic I will not be counting in.

I believe I have a good amount of experience with article marketing and overall Internet marketing therefore things should be OK.

However it's time which is the main factor I have not got enough of, with other projects running alongside this one time will be the major problem.

Either way, I will be doing more today then start submitting articles tomorrow, woo :)

Thanks guys for your support and questions.

willyboy104, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  17. My220x

My220x Member

Best Answers:
    How much do you pay your writer? Because I'm looking for someone but don't want to post a topic on DP because the last time I did I got like 100 PM's from people who couldn't even string together a sentence.

My220x, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  18. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    Hey.

I am currently paying between $1-$2.50 per 100 words, very cheap but I found some decent article writers, not perfect but for the job they are good enough.

I also have other article writers which I pay at about $3.00-$5.00 per 100 words for other projects.

Yeah posting on DP is annoying but you can find one or two golden nougets between the bunch.

If you want to look elsewhere try Odesk, Elance....

willyboy104, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  19. Joeh1

Joeh1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You are half way there just by writing your goals down. It has been shown that writing your golas makes you 7 times more likely to achieve them.

Joeh1, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  20. willyboy104

Best Answers:
    Yes I totally agree Joeh, writing down your goals is so important both mentally and physically. Thanks for reading.

willyboy104, Jan 12, 2010 IP