1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing Experiment

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Zibblu, Feb 16, 2009.

1. dylan_jones

dylan_jones Peon

Best Answers:
    intersting experiment

i use AMA a lot and had some great results with it, 1 spun article has brought me over 100 links before

dylan_jones, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  2. Robin.Bad

Robin.Bad Peon

Best Answers:
    OK. I'm agreed with #2 and 3. But not with the #1. There's no problem to google to ban all your network. Especially if they discover you're the only owner. :(

Btw I like the idea to have all the top 10 of SERP with your pages :D
    Respect.

Robin.Bad, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  3. syanide

syanide Active Member

Best Answers:
    you ping it all.. you ping your articles / your sites and any of the social bookmarks that are unique to the bookmarking site ie. like propeller

syanide, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  4. mads

mads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there some kind of program you can use for this, i.e. a program where you load all the urls in and press go?

mads, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  5. cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These tools are great.
    http://ping.fm
    http://socialmarker.com/
    http://www.onlywire.com/overview

Social marker and onlywire may be same things and one may require money. I have not played with them much. I have used one or another tool like it in the past or played with it. They can really help!

cowsgonemadd3, Mar 3, 2009 IP
    tomy_gun likes this.
  6. SeoSchoolBus

SeoSchoolBus Peon

Best Answers:
    It's about time for an update here don't you think Zibblu?

SeoSchoolBus, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  7. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    So it's been just over two weeks so far and these are the amount of external back links showing up in Yahoo's Site Explorer (not counting links from Squidoo.com)

Unique Article Wizard: 22.
    Article Marketing Automation: 13.
    Submit Your Article: 2.
    EZine Articles: 0.

By this metric Unique Article Wizard is the big winner, AMA looks pretty good and SYA is quite disappointing (particularly because both of those links are actually from SubmitYourArticle.com and not any sites where those articles have gone to...) Obviously EZine Articles isn't really a site I submit to for back links so I'm not concerned about that. Really I think of EZA almost more like a landing page than I do as an article (because I can get EZAs to rank in the search engines and it's possible to get a high percentage of click throughs.)

But more important then back links is SERPS and in that battle Article Marketing Automation is leading. It's Squidoo page #45 for the target KW in Google. I looked through the first 200 results and couldn't find any of the others.

A search in "quotes" and it's #41 (there's 11,800 competitors.) I still couldn't find any of the others, although I did find a lot of the pages where my UAW article is showing up on.

I'm a little concerned by the lack of SERPS love from the UAW article...

It's still early and I think I should have some patience (patience is key with SEO) in giving out final judgments but as of right now Article Marketing Automation would be my pick as most recommended from these results.

Zibblu, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  8. vlerian

vlerian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've read about the comparison between UAW and AMA before, sorry can't remember where.
    And from that experiment, UAW lead after 30 days experiment

vlerian, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  9. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm actually a bit concerned that the Squidoo my UAW links to is actually sandboxed by Google (it doesnt even show up when I do a search for it's complete title in "quotes" and no competition - it is still indexed) ... maybe too many links too fast? I made an effort to mix them up (different anchor texts...) Maybe I should have dripped the articles out slower? It's hard even in an experiment like this to pinpoint why something is the way it is. It's easy to make an assumption that isn't true - So I don't want to jump to the conclusion that UAW doesn't help with SERPS just because of this - but obviously it's not going to help prove anything good either (unless the page jumps out of the sandbox onto the first page!)

vlerian - I actually don't think 30 days is enough to make a final judgment. Particularly not with the way these services "drip" out the articles.

I'll keep Squidoo pages pure (no other links, not even any social bookmarking) so that I can keep looking back at these pages and see the long term effects.

Also I realized I should make note of any SERPS in MSN and Yahoo as well.

MSN = Nothing. I can't find them for any searches. MSN is known for being slow to index, so...

Yahoo! = Nope. Two other Squidoos are actually ranking for the target KW. I'll be interested to see if I can knock them off (they're both on the first page even but they don't rank at all in Google or MSN.)

Zibblu, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  10. vlerian

vlerian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that 30 days is probably not enough for testing, especially since it will also depend on how you set the drip feature on UAW.

About sandbox, though squidoo itself is old and have great authority, probably google knows that your lense is new. And getting, let's say, 30 links per day into that lense (while there's no incoming links before) may rise the flag. sure it's just an assumption.

How about varies your 'drip' amounts each day? so you don't follow a pattern. 12, 15,20, 35, 21,... you got the point. I think you can do it on UAW.

However, just getting links from articles will be 'a pattern' too. I always believe that we should vary our link building method. But it will be beyond your experiment purpose.

vlerian, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  11. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree vlerian - When I'm not "experimenting" I definitely try to get links back from a wide variety of sources - as many different places as I can reasonably. I don't believe in the idea of using any one of these services on it's own, no matter how well they work.

Zibblu, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  12. LinksAndTraffic

LinksAndTraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    I also don't believe in using a single service, even if I might own such a service.

I found this interesting, because I typically get far more links than you have so far documented in your test. And the number of links I develop, I am generally able to do with just my own service.

Typically, I see a minimum of 25 links developed from a single article distribution, and in some cases more than 100 links developed on a single article distribution. But that is just my experience with my articles... I cannot speak for your articles through my service or another service. The article itself can greatly affect your results.

It should be noted that 30 days is not a realistic study time however.

Through my service, all links are placed over 45 days by design. But, the important thing is that Google needs to have the time to find all of the pages where your articles have been published. Realistically, it can take Google up to 90-120 days to find all of the places where your articles have been published.

Good luck in the continuation of your article marketing test.

Bill Platt

LinksAndTraffic, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  13. AMac08

AMac08 Peon

Best Answers:
    This has been realy interesting for me. previously I had only been submitting to about three sites when writing articles and using articles predominantly to drive direct traffic from ezinearticles. These services have put a new spin on thigns for sure.

AMac08, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  14. Random Guy

Random Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Did your lens make the "top 100" list for its category? I've been asking around after the same problem and that seems to do it for everyone

Nice experiment - will check back later to see updates :)

Random Guy, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  15. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Update:

AMA Squidoo lens now ranks #43 for the target keyword without quotes. With quotes it's #36 (out of 11K.)

Since it's all about SERPS in the end, I'd definitely pick AMA as the winner if I were to choose just one. But I've also been impressed by the amount of backlinks UAW has gained for me.

Backlinks in Yahoo Site Explorer (not counting links from Squidoo.com)

UAW: 29
    AMA: 16
    SYA: 2
    EZA: 1

Overall I give a thumbs up to UAW and AMA and a big thumbs down to SYA. I've actually canceled my second SYA account because of these results. I'm keeping the first one... For now anyway. Just to help expand my link profile. But if the backlinks stay at 2 then... I should also mention that both of those 2 backlinks are actually from SubmitYourArticle.com - not good.

EZA? It's a different type of thing. I actually consider EZA to almost be more like a landing page then an article because EZA pages can rank in the search engines. They are for direct traffic primarily. These article submission services are for building links and improving SERPS.

Agreed about the 30 days thing. I will keep coming back to this with updates. The long term results should be what's really interesting.

I'm going to look into your service... I'm always looking to expand my link building. I believe in using a lot of different methods for building links as possible. So I'm not doing this experiment so much to see which one service I should use, but more to see which services are worth the time and money to include amongst my link building tools.

Nope, that wasn't what did it for me... I'm not even in the top 1000! I just checked again and Google still isn't showing that page so I'm pretty sure I've been sandboxed.

Zibblu, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  16. pet cages

pet cages Peon

Best Answers:
    If I have an ecommerce site (straight sales without content) will the serps be as responsive if I include the link (keyword in anchor text) to this site from a well ranked Squidoo lens instead of direct linking from an article? I'm just curious if indirect linking has an effect with Google.

pet cages, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  17. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    pet cages - in a way. If you build up the "power" of the Squidoo page by linking to it a lot using these services then the link from that Squidoo page will be worth more. Not all links are created equal as a wise man once said... For example one link from CNN.com would probably do your site more good than 1000 links from article directories and the like.

Zibblu, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  18. simple007

simple007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this tip. i will try ur way and see how it goes..

simple007, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  19. seoservice1

seoservice1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your experiment

seoservice1, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  20. squeezeplaycards

squeezeplaycards Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the update. I will check out both UAW and AMA now.

I have just started with EZA and its still early for me. I have been pleased with the clicks from EZA though.

squeezeplaycards, Mar 13, 2009 IP