1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing & ClickBank - My Documented Journey

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Ponynugget, Aug 30, 2007.

1. BLaZeR

BLaZeR Peon

Best Answers:
    I was wondering if you make a new domain for every product you promote?

BLaZeR, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  2. cocoMonkey

cocoMonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    How many products are you promoting now mate???

Cheers.

cocoMonkey, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  3. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Only in the resource box.

Yes, I purchase .info domains for every product I promote. It's a tiny investment considering that just one sale (of $20-$25 commission) can allow you to purchase around 20 additional .info's.

I'm writing articles for around 6 products at the moment. Once I'm accepted as a Platinum publisher I plan on promoting a new product every day, writing at least 10 articles for each.

Apologies for not posting an update yesterday. I'm still pretty sick and have been busy over the past couple of days.

Day 16 - September 15th, 2007

A couple of days ago it was brought to my attention that one of my sites was suffering from extremely slow loading times. I emailed Servage and they were happy to transfer all of my sites to their newest server, so loading the site is now considerably faster. Hopefully this'll mean that more sales are on the way.

[​IMG]

I wasn't able to bring myself to writing any articles over the weekend due to being sick and busy. I do plan on writing as many as I can tomorrow though.

Day 17 - September 16th, 2007

[​IMG]

I've decided to keep documenting my progress for an additional 30 days (60 in total). I think the results will be a whole lot more interesting once I'm upgraded to Platinum and can pump out a decent amount of articles every day.

Ponynugget, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  4. TheWriter

TheWriter Peon

Best Answers:
    hey mate , are you still at "one sale" since you started?

Great work!

TheWriter, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  5. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Ponynugget!

who do you use for hosting?
    and where do you buy your .info domains?

ExpertForumGuy, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  6. gringo

gringo Peon

Best Answers:
    good luck man, awesome thread, go for new products, less competitive market place

gringo, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  7. Mackadoo

Mackadoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What about today? Normally you update every day in the morning.

Mackadoo, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  8. greatness008

greatness008 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so do i have to buy a domain to promote these products or can i just direct them to the landing page that clickbank provides??

greatness008, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  9. Mackadoo

Mackadoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can just direct them to the sales page.

Mackadoo, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  10. TheWriter

TheWriter Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope you give us another update:) soon Im dying to hear

TheWriter, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  11. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately yes, I'm still at one sale. The lack of sales haven't discouraged me at all though -- it's a proven technique that I know will work, so long as I have (lots of) patience.

I use Servage for hosting and buy my .info's through GoDaddy.

Day 18 & 19 - September 17th & 18th, 2007

Sorry for not updating yesterday! I've been super busy with offline stuff the past couple of days and things are only just starting to settle down. I managed to write a new article and have almost finished another 4... I'm still trying to figure out how to pump out more than 5 articles in under an hour, but I'm sure I'll get there soon. :)

I've found a set of new products to promote that look really promising, so I'm building a quality blog around it. All 24 remaining article submissions will be focusing on these new products, all with links to the blog in the resource box. I'm quite confident that they will convert to sales.

I *should* be free for the majority of the day tomorrow, so I'm aiming to have the blog finished off and get a decent amount of articles submitted.

[​IMG]

Again, thanks for all the encouragement and kind words. It's definitely hard work trying to fit writing inbetween "normal life", but strangely I'm finding the whole journey incredibly fun. Who knew watching statistics every hour could be so fun?

Ponynugget, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  12. clix99

clix99 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Ponynugget, love your thread... i signed up to comment :D

I was wondering - By now, you are on one sale, which i guest got you about 10 - 20 bucks.

How much do you think you could have got out of adsense (or any other EPC program) if those click was to your site?

And this is a question for everybody - how much can someone make out of 171 click of targeted audience to a website with a good niche in epc programs? What would count as a good revenue?

Thanks again guys...

clix99, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  13. kromit

kromit Peon

Best Answers:
    From my own experience an adsense CTR of maybe 20% is not all that uncommon, but it's definitely become harder to make money with adsense since Adwords introduced content bids. Depending on the niche, 171 at 20% CTR (=34 clicks) could get you anywhere between $3 and $30. Most commonly I'd estimate around maybe $10 in most niches. But I've also had niche sites where a click was $0.02 :(

But the point (as far as I'm concerned) is this:

Adsense focusses on a visitor having to leave your site for you to make money while affiliate marketing or your own product leaves you so much more ways to profit from the traffic you get. If you're building a list (which I bet 99% of people trying to make money online are not doing) you have the potential to profit from that traffic multiple times.

So it's not really a question of how much money you can make today, but how much you can make long term.

Tom

kromit, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  14. Realdeals228

Realdeals228 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey PonyNugget,

I love this thread so much. After reading it I started out article marketing about a week ago. It took so long for my articles to be accepted but now I have 5 done and have made 2 sales. I find that the CTR on my articles vary quite a bit. I have 2 that are around 33% and 3 others around 4%. Good luck and thanks for the inspiration.

Realdeals228, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  15. clix99

clix99 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Kromit... don't forget that with the time and affort spent on writing those articles one could have built a website and then after those first 171 clicks with all of the links spreaded with the articles, traffic would start coming from SEs which would be free of charge and if you optimize properly it could be a lot.

Anyway, Just a thought...

clix99, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  16. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks!

I think Kromit answered your question pretty well. I've decided not to place AdSense on any on my blogs/landing pages as I'm focusing on getting the user to purchase the product, not completely leave the site in exchange for a few cents.

Wow! Congratulations! 2 sales from only 5 articles is incredible (I'm jealous!), keep up the great work. :)

Day 20 - September 19th, 2007

Today I finished off my latest blog for the new set of products I'm promoting. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. There's a page for each product with related information and, obviously, 2-3 affiliate links on each page. It all looks really clean and professional, so we'll see if the extra work on the aesthetics side will pay off.

I submitted 3 new articles and have already had 2 approved while I was typing up this post. The 6 drafts are almost ready for submission, I'll just have to proof read them once more for any misspelling/grammatical errors.

[​IMG]

Ponynugget, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  17. sigadmin

sigadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    kromit,

I have read somewhere that it is good to funnel your visitors to a page where you review 2 clickbank products. Would you happen to know of a goof "review" webpage that we might be able to look at for inspiration?

Also, on the sale that you made from your review page, did you actually read both clickbank ebooks? I have heard that it doesn't matter whether you have read the books or not you can still post reviews for the book, but that doesn't seem too ethical to me. Thanks.

Sig

sigadmin, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  18. sigadmin

sigadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, a good luck to you Ponynugget. This thread is great! Sorry about the double bump :)

Sig

sigadmin, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  19. kromit

kromit Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been doing pretty well with a side-by-side review page for two clickbank products (obviously I can't publish the link here ;) ). But there are more options for reviewing products, just do a search for "clickbank reviews" on Google and see what comes up. What seems to work for some people is comparing multiple products and putting the details in a table format for side-by-side comparison. Also, blogging about a certain concept and then introducing possible solutions (products) in the blog post should work.

You could also do a search for some related CB products, there should be plenty of hits in Google with reviews you can study.

You have to make that choice yourself. For me it's not a matter of ethics but more a matter of being able to give a good comparison of two related products. And a comparison doesn't necessarily have to come in the form of a review.

If someone is looking for a solution to his problem, he might not be aware of the solutions that are available. My service is showing him his options, giving him the details of what each solution offers, and then give him a recommendation based on that data.

You don't necessarily have to own the products to know these things, as the features are available on the sales pages and you can find additional info in forums, on blogs, etc.

If you haven't bought the products you are offering, don't try to make it sound like you did. Go for the readily available facts and compare the products on that basis (that's what I do).

If you want to give a real review (opinion), IMHO it's perfectly OK to use your own Clickbank affiliate link to buy the product. After all, you're aiming at bringing the merchant traffic and sales, so it's "win-win" as they say :)

Tom

kromit, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  20. sigadmin

sigadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the insight Tom! That makes sense! I will do some more research, put up a review page and see how it goes. Thanks! :D

Sig

sigadmin, Sep 20, 2007 IP