1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing Case Study - 30 Days - How Much Will I Make?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by shamus, Mar 19, 2009.

1. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Update!!!

Just got home and checked my CB account, and there it was - my 3rd sale, and it was a whopper! It was for a product that I'm getting $52 per sale from. So that's always a good feeling seeing a sale of that size in there :)

Just thought I would let you know - things are getting better!

shamus, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  2. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Made my 4th sale over the weekend. I was expecting more, but hey, I'll take it :) Had a couple of articles that did quite well.

Around 50 articles submitted so far. 100 left to go! Wish me luck!

shamus, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  3. Random Guy

Random Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations on your good luck so far shamus, hope it continues :)

Random Guy, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  4. dangregory

dangregory Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad you're seeing some sales, shamus. Are you boosting your articles with a little extra juice?

i.e. social bookmarking, commenting on blogs with a link back to your ezinearticles, etc. This can help them perform better.

Dan

dangregory, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  5. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank for the encouragement guys!

As far as boosting my article juice, hell yes! In my spare time, I'm building links to them from various sources (blogger blogs, wordpress.com blogs, personal blog/sites, social bookmarking, etc etc). Takes time, but definitely well worth it for the long term.

shamus, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  6. cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How many hops per niche are you getting per day? If most of the sales have been in one niche then how many hops average does it take to get a sale?

cowsgonemadd3, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  7. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll have to check that out. I'm not sure off the top of my head, but out of over 9000 total views for my articles, I'm right at 1000 hops (as all my resource boxes point to a clickbank product). I'm blanketing quite a few niches (like 6 or 7), and my plan is to go with whatever ones looks like it has the most potential, but it's still a bit too early to tell. Lots of lookers and clickers, but not as many buyers right now.

shamus, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  8. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer Peon

Best Answers:
    9000 views?

Man [ok i admit i wasn't focused at all, doing my articles, but my purpose was backlinking] But i only got 80 views on my top article. And people stole that all the time. ugggg

Maybe i didn't understand Eza. I deleted all my articles.

Maybe i'll go back and redo artcles, focused for my keywords for my website, and link them to my website.

Hell I was discussing politics, writing self help stuff, writing snippets of novel ideas I had. [yeah unfocused]

But what really pissed me off, was it took 15 days after submitting 3 articles and they came back with

"you can't self promote in the body of the article"

I was like wtf????? Ok you can tell by what i was writing I don't even know how to "self promote". I reread the artcles and I was talking about how the stock market is doing. :eek:

I guess if you're not a premium member you get pooped on.

But, since you're so gung ho [and you have a huge black smiley face, which i so enjoy looking at] I'll try mine again. More focused, only for the purpose of building backlinks.

Could you walk me through briefly how you approach this? article / links / social book mark / what you do with your blog / etc... I have no clue what you're doing. [and 9000 views is... i'm stunned]

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  9. alexg6798

alexg6798 Peon

Best Answers:
    good luck ill be watching your progress if it works ill give it a go to

alexg6798, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  10. cowsgonemadd3

Best Answers:
    I just wanted to say, you won't make a killing off of article marketing this way. That is what I have been told by the experts. The thing is it is not really really targeted but more so than say some social media traffic you can get. I have tried this myself and it seems to me that a lot of traffic comes from just being on top for that short period and if you do not rank in the search engines you may not see hardly any traffic again.

If you want to make REAL money doing article marketing I was told you need to rank your own sites. SEO traffic IS targeted and much more likely to convert. Plus you won't have to write as many articles.

I believe the thread starter even said this here. It is just a test, some do make a good bit of money doing it this way but I bet they would make a lot more if they used their own sites.

cowsgonemadd3, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  11. sgireland

sgireland Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a very inspiring thread. I have always believed that if you are willing to really put in the work and have the basic skills required to write a proper article along with some understanding of what motivates people ANYONE can make money through affiliate sales and article marketing.

sgireland, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  12. WritersHall

WritersHall Peon

Best Answers:
    Again, great job shamus! Just remember that a sale is a sale indeed -- no matter what you profit ;)

WritersHall, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  13. Fivestar

Fivestar Peon

Best Answers:
    this is a very good thread, with alternate suggestions, opinions, but all encouraging Shamus in his quest. we can all learn something here. Ive got one word to say to you Shamus......

Go! Shamus, Go!!!!

Fivestar, Mar 31, 2009 IP
    shamus likes this.
  14. WritersHall

WritersHall Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I just went there :p

I'm curious if you could give us an update on your total earnings so far, and if you could break that down into how many hours you worked (thus deriving a sort of $/hour equivalent). Thanks!

WritersHall, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  15. cowsgonemadd3

Best Answers:
    I have a tip for you all. I do this myself and am just getting started on it honestly. I have only written 26 articles and 4 have yet to be allowed to go through.
    Anyways,
    Go out and get Dragon Naturally Speaking 10 Preferred. When you talk it types and it is a amazing program.

cowsgonemadd3, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  16. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Best Answers:
    Yeah if you don't pay for ezine you are limited to about 3 articles to be reviewed, which take forever.

You could write 5 a day. but if you aren't paying, the 3 in queue are going to stay there for days at a time. So it's nearly pointless. I was writing news pieces and ... well who wants to read an artcle that's 2 weeks late on the news?

It was frustrating as hell. Nothing time sensitive was ever useful on ezine. Also their review process I believe was WAAAAAAAAAAY more stringent if you didn't pay. They refused several articles which were political pieces or news stories, or stock market stories. I mean ... WTF. They'd give me reasons like, "denied due to promoting your own business" "denied for spamming". I felt like Ron Paul or even worse Bob Barr the 3rd party candidate.

But, this thread is very encouraging.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  17. ecommscript

ecommscript Peon

Best Answers:
    Well how dya write articles that quick?
    It takes me about couple of hours to write one typically.
    Am I being too much of a perfectionist?
    How long dya take to write yours?
    How long was the planning, research,actual typing and editing respectively?

ecommscript, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  18. cowsgonemadd3

Best Answers:
    I know of ways to REALLY improve the conversion rate of this. One is to do a pre-sell page and DO NOT link directly to the products from ezine. Just a tip.

cowsgonemadd3, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  19. lakezilla

lakezilla Peon

Best Answers:
    Way to go Shamus. We really appreciate you telling us about your journey as we are all anxious to learn. I know it's a lot of hard work........good luck and thanks again!

lakezilla, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  20. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Best Answers:
    Did he update his work yet? I'm anxious to see how it's coming.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Apr 9, 2009 IP