1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing Case Study - 30 Days - How Much Will I Make?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by shamus, Mar 19, 2009.

1. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Fivestar - I just answered your comment on the blog about that, hehe. But I'll answer again here :)

Right now, I'm using .info's that are redirected to a CB vendor's sales page. This is the fastest route (in my opinion) to do things. I'm picking products that appear to have high quality, high converting sales pages, which will hopefully translate into more commissions for me.

Within the next week or two, if I see that a particular niche is performing extremely well, I'll come up with a squeeze page so that I can start collecting email addresses. The only reason I'm not doing that now is because of the short time frame (30 days) I have, and the level of commitment in writing articles takes up a fair amount of time. When you start building squeeze pages/landing pages for products, it takes even more time.

This experiment is all about the fastest and most efficient way to make extra cash using article marketing, which is also "newbie" friendly.

Hope that helps!

shamus, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  2. ijin

ijin Peon

Best Answers:
    Gogogo, hope you can pay off the membership in time :D

ijin, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  3. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Update Time!

So this weekend, I stuck with it, and submitted 5 articles Saturday, and 5 more Sunday (of course, they were all approved today since EZA isn't open on the weekends). Over the weekend, I had 2 articles that got a lot of action (mainly because they were at the top of their respective category pages).

I will, of course, submit another 5 today.

Since the beginning of the experiment, I have 20 live articles (5 per day). So that's not bad at all!

In the process, my account was upgraded to Platinum. So I'm rolling with a premium membership as a platinum author - approval times are around 20 minutes. Life is good.

As far as sales, I'm still at one. I haven't been able to log into my CB account today yet, as I've made a goal of only checking it once per day, at night. So we'll see if I end up with any more sales today - fingers are crossed!

It's been a very productive weekend and I'll continue to keep you updated with any breaking or new news. Thanks for following along!

shamus, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  4. jakeruston

jakeruston Banned

Best Answers:
    Thats great to hear! I look forward to seeing if you've made anymore sales.

jakeruston, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  5. WritersHall

WritersHall Peon

Best Answers:
    Very awesome Shamus! I just found this, and it's definitely something I'll be checking up on! ;)

I cannot believe those approval times (20 minutes) -- that's ridiculously fast!

WritersHall, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  6. Dave_Johnson

Dave_Johnson Peon

Best Answers:
    You're doing something that most people will never
    do and that's taking ACTION! Congrats on your
    will to succed. You'll learn more by doing this than
    by reading 500 ebooks on the subject.

Dave_Johnson, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  7. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    @jakeruston - Thanks!

@WritersHall - Glad you enjoy it so far! Yeah, the approval times are still blowing me away - SUPER fast.

@Dave Johnson - Indeed my friend. Action is what's necessary to succeed. Thanks for the positive energy :)

shamus, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  8. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Shamus - 5 articles a day is very nice... I write 1 a day and think I am diligent.

I clearly pale in comparison to you in terms of diligence.

Romanorc, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  9. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Update!

I can now confirm my SECOND SALE!

It's such a great feeling when things work how they're supposed to. This sale was from a different niche than my first sale, so it's good to see some diversity in my niche selections.

I'll be posting more details on my blog in a little while, so stay tuned!

shamus, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  10. kimberwyn

kimberwyn Peon

Best Answers:
    This is great to follow! Just wondering though how come you dont outsource your article writing? You cna pay someone $1 to knock off those articles.

kimberwyn, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  11. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    @kimberwyn - Hey thanks! As far as outsourcing, I have outsourced some of the articles, however, there isn't a writer around that I would trust with my reputation if they're charging $1 per article (unless I got really, really lucky!). I'm not posting just any old article...I'm trying to write compelling and quality content, so that I can effectively pre-sell the person (in a round-a-bout way) so that they're ready to buy when they arrive at the affiliate sales page.

Anyway, yeah, I have no problem outsourcing, but the more I can force myself to write, the more money I make, and for the sake of the experiment, every dollar counts!

shamus, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  12. TheBlogBuilder

TheBlogBuilder Guest

Best Answers:
    If nothing else, this is a great testimonial for EZA's premium membership. Looking forward to your results. Good luck!

TheBlogBuilder, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  13. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Good one keep it up. I've decided to enter the 'weight loss niche a few days ago and I'm pretty disappointed but we'll see how things go.

I've submitted to EZA around 35 articles -- well optimized for the search engines -- but the same old story the articles get a decent amount of traffic then they die out. Anyways the great part is that I managed to make around 6 sales. As far as I've noticed in the past 2 days the click through on the bio links is "0" so there isn't any more traffic the articles are nearly all buried in the SERPs except 2 off them which still send a little traffic.

My conclusion is that the weight loss niche is one of the most difficult to target, due to a high competition on every keyword anybody feels different?

evelinawilliams007, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  14. cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just going into weight loss niche is not easy.
    When dealing with flooded niches go after sub niches.
    Such as weight loss for mothers after pregancy(made it up as I type). This goes for any niche....target all over the place.

cowsgonemadd3, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  15. EMO_Ralez

EMO_Ralez Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, im exdperiencing that to, and its very hard to presell, they are not buying bullcrap()

EMO_Ralez, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  16. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another update for you guys -

So it's now day 6 I believe, and I'm still on track with my 5 article per day goal. I've always been able to write fast articles for the most part, but since the start of this exercise, I'm finding that if I sit down with no interruptions, I can knock out 5 good articles in about an hour - maybe an hour and a half tops.

Anyway, as of last night, I was still at two sales, which I'll admit I was hoping for a few more, but on the other hand, just seeing those two is motivating to know that I have the chance to get more.

On another note...it finally clicked today as far as why they include the "scheduled release" feature in a premium membership...it's actually VERY cool and will make the difference in this entire experiment. Later tonight I'll explain more about that in a blog post.

Other than that, I'm going to finish up my articles for the day, and cross my fingers. Stay tuned for more updates :)

shamus, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  17. dangregory

dangregory Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is that you're giving away traffic to ezinearticles. And when a visitor finds your article there, there are tons of distractions like the adsense ads they run, links to related articles, and so forth. You're competing with all that which means that not everyone who sees your article will be enticed to click on your resource box.

This vs. placing content on your own site and getting backlinks to that content - which allows YOUR site to rank nicely in organic search over time.

Just sayin.' 'Cause I found article marketing to be a very limited and short-sighted approach to making good sales consistently. I get much more mileage out of creating the content on my own sites and focusing on getting quality backlinks to that content (which admittedly can include the occasional article submission to ezinearticles.)

Dan

dangregory, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  18. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    @dangregory - Oh yeah, I totally agree with most of that. As a blog flipper and long time blogger, I'm all about it.

But this is strictly an experiment, just to see what might be possible with it. So for the sake of experimental purposes, I'm doing article marketing :)

Thanks for your input, though!

shamus, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  19. cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is true. I am starting this stuff up myself and I am using my own sites to post my articles on. With the proper links back to each article I can rank for the keywords I want and I do not have ads on my site other than the affiliate links.

I still would like to see the results of ezine and will be following this thread or your blog.

cowsgonemadd3, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  20. KalahariRover

KalahariRover Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow. I don't know which I find more impressive - that you get your articles approved in 20 minutes, or that you can write 5 a day, day in and day out. It's like you have super powers.;)

Looking forward to the final tally!

KalahariRover, Mar 25, 2009 IP