1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[article] How to deal with a defacement

Discussion in 'Security' started by Louis11, Mar 8, 2007.

I noticed a bunch of people asking how to handle their website defacement, so I figured I would release an article I wrote about 2 years ago for your reading pleasure, and of course so that you can learn how to handle a defacement :)

The Day After - Dealing with a defacement

Louis11, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  2. rootbinbash

rootbinbash Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry but its a poor one.Most of the attacks become dangerous cos of permission problems.Patching the system is the last thing you should do.Also securing the tmp n kernel of the system is the first thing you should do.Because local holes are more dangerous then remote ones.

rootbinbash, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  3. Louis11

Louis11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well that all depends on what kind of access you have to your webserver. In general the docment was to cover shared hosting, and securing your end (ie. web applications, which as mentioned can be attributed for 75% of all web server intrustions. So how you can undermind the importance of Web Application Security is beyond me). And I highly doubt any user on a shared host will have access to the kernel ;)

But thanks for your feedback, it's appreciated :)

Louis11, Mar 9, 2007 IP