1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Directories Is Dead- DP members what is our plan now?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by John Dave, Feb 2, 2014.

Another shock given to SEO professionals by Matt Cutts, according to him "Don't try to build links through article directories" As this is been one of the most horrible news for all of us. So my question is what should we do now? I also need to ask if link building through article building is spamming than why they are supporting these article directories by allowing them to run Adsense ??? Digital Point member's share us you're views according to you what needs to be done now ??

John Dave, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  2. jopsons

jopsons Active Member

Best Answers:
    He said it long back, which are going to spammy. Article submission was stopped long back.

Now they are concentrating more on guest posts. But still we can do guest posts which are quality like more authority sites and most popular sites, sometimes its purely depends on the content wroth also.

Any suggestions please let me know.

jopsons, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  3. SEOsince99

SEOsince99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not all that much of a shock. Google's been penalizing websites with article directory links for about a year or so now and we have seen many article directories come and go after being deindexed.

Google's disavow tool is to thank for the doom of article directories.

SEOsince99, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  4. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's no surprise really. It just means that the techniques that worked 2 or 3 years doesn't work as well as they did. Because Google has changed, it got updates that focused more on quality and users. If they think that what you offer doesn't cut it, then you'd go down in the SERPS.

Try other link building methods. There are far easier ways to build links than writing articles.

John Eulizer Nimo, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  5. Lue Hang

Lue Hang Member

Best Answers:
    You can always try Web 2.0's like Squidoo, Blogspot, Wordpress.org, etc...it's almost like submitting an article but better.

Lue Hang, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  6. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I can't say that its worthless it may not much good souces from the marketing purpose but it is still can do something ranking the keywords.

Prasseo, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  7. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Build links through blog commenting and your sig on forums.

Dionne Taylor, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  8. pixelwebtechnologies

pixelwebtechnologies Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm also shocked for the same, but if our Article publish content are use by someone on the website then its provide much more beater results. Apart form that don't leave website link on the keywords, just leave link as naked or use profile link in author section. you can also use web 2.0 website for publish your content just like article directory like in Blogger, Tumblr, word press etc.

pixelwebtechnologies, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  9. Rev Jain

Rev Jain Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article Marketing is not dead. But if you are doing it for link building purpose then it is not beneficial.

See video for Link building with Article Directories.

Articles are for general information for any topic. It is not For Link building. There is no relation between Adsense & Link building.

Rev Jain, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  10. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    By seeing these updates, guess Google is paying more attention to on-page optimization than off-page optimization.

karen9999, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  11. imseo

imseo Member

Best Answers:
    If I write awesome content(unique) which is helpful to user as well then I will that in one article site? Put link to my website in author bio branded term not anchor link.

I have followed Google guidelines in above case. I don't think Google harms my website for this.

imseo, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  12. enoahisolution

enoahisolution Member

Best Answers:
    My suggestion would be, instead doing promotion in Article directories, create your own blog with hyper-link, and use that link for bookmarking and share your content in the search engines maximum

enoahisolution, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  13. imseo

imseo Member

Best Answers:
    How to share content in search engines maximum?

imseo, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  14. rozerr

rozerr Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my views, it is better to follow Google guidelines rather than paying more attention on these type of news.

rozerr, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  15. jacal1

jacal1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best to use that time completely differently - I've turned to spending much more time on my Social Media presence for the direct and indirect (SEO) benefits to my sites. Instead of one long article I can break a topic up into a series of tweets, G+ posts, tumblr posts, etc.

jacal1, Feb 5, 2014 IP
    rozerr likes this.
  16. Traficprovider

Traficprovider Member

Best Answers:

Hi John (And All)
    ;)

Well, you should read more carefully.... It is not "Don't try to build links through article directories" he ment just Don't do it Daily!!! or too much!
    All he's trying to say is that you need to use High PR Rank sites... The same thing with - Guest blogging...

So every thing is OK and you can still Create backlinks or guest blogging and good relevant comments...

Just use the relevant niche, High Friendly PR Sites and highly relevant grammar to your articles/Comments/Posts so in time it won't counts as Spam...
    That's It!

Matt just giving away some valuable tips...
    If you will do your work in professional way, Every thing will be OK ;)

Good Luck!
    :cool:

Traficprovider, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  17. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:

Exactly the information that we need to spread out today.

John Eulizer Nimo, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Why was it a shock?

I found the step entirely predictable. People used article directories to boost site popularity and there was a lot of chatter about it. Google doesn't like people manipulating the serps so they listen to the chatter and respond.

It shouldn't be shocking, it's part of the life cycle of an SEO technique.

sarahk, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  19. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, it is predictable but most as this is the only way of getting strong back links in short period of time !! so it was a kind of a known shock ..........:D

John Dave, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  20. happykahlon

happykahlon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    According to Matt Cutts “Don’t try to build links through article directories" Such a disgusting. Don’t think that Matt Cutts wants these directories to help the SEO professional to pave an easy path for their job.

So my word for Mr. Matt Cutt - Is these any other possible strategy which he can discuss with us to create the back links? It will be good for SEO professional to learn something quite new and constructive rather than going for the bad news that plays with this profession.

happykahlon, Feb 6, 2014 IP
    eric_wahlberg likes this.