1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[ARTICLE] Controversial SECRET To Online SUCCESS - 90% Of Readers WILL NOT Do It!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by BusinessCoach, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Jamey Johnson

Jamey Johnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Most business coaches and executive coaches believe that they are ethical. A small business coach can also help in take your business and your life to a whole new level I think if we have a dedication towards the business, we can achieve success by our own.

Jamey Johnson, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  2. Newschannel

Newschannel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am going to republish the article on my debut edition of www.cnnnewco.com
    The authors details will be added as required.
    Can you answer a few questions ? Just 3 Q & A's so that i can have a good feature in a week?

Newschannel, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  3. BusinessCoach

BusinessCoach Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sure - PM me the questions and I will be happy to answer them for you to use.

BusinessCoach, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  4. lesliecolenden

lesliecolenden Peon

Best Answers:
    You pose an interesting question.
    I have hired at least 10 mentor coaches in the past for my speaking, marketing, business endeavors and here's what I've come to learn. Many coaches and mentors haven't done what they say they're going to teach you.
    So here's my questions I ask any prospective coach/mentor:
    1. How much money have you made this year doing what you're going to teach me
    2. How much money have you made for others
    3. May I contact 3 of those people.

Then I call and speak to the people and ask how it was working with the coach and what they learned and how much money they actually made.

Hope this helps.

Leslie

lesliecolenden, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  5. 1life1fire

1life1fire Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes... a Plan is definitely needed... however... it has to be a very specific.

What I've found is this...

When I first started trying to make money online in 2002 ... I first started trying all kinds of different affiliate programs and MLM's and followed their "training" and "advise" to a T!

What did I get... a very very lonely downline...

Then... I started thinking about it ... and you can use this for any niche that you're in ...

"As an affiliate MLM'er (or whatever niche)... what exactly do I need to help me make money?"

Well... the answer HIT me like a mach truck...

And then... I quit the affiliate mlm business, got a refund on a few of the programs I currently paid for (hey, they said MONEY BACK guarantee!)... and started selling what MLM'ers and affiliates need to help them make money.

It was really funny too... the first day I put up my new "Sales Page" ... I started advertising my sales page in the Exact same places I was advertising my MLM and getting nothing from ... the money started rollin in.

And I've been making money ever since.

One of the ways to make money online... is to start selling exactly what a particular niche needs... whether it's a service or a product. And sell to that specific demographic.

Hope this helps someone brainstorm!
    Mine is like a hurricane 24/7!! LOL
    Dan

1life1fire, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  6. alber859

alber859 Active Member

Best Answers:
    WOW, that's the most dynamic article I've ever read.. Thank you so much... I'm going to make a budget right away ;) ;) Thank you

alber859, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  7. ewin66

ewin66 Peon

Best Answers:
    nice articels thank you for that info im really really apreciated

ewin66, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  8. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:

Thanks for replying.

Unfortunately you hired consultants...idea people...CALLING themselves coaches. A real coach will have a thorough understanding and experience in what they are coaching.

Always ask about previous business experiences. How much money is made though is not necessarily a good question. The type of client they deal with will impact that number greatly. If one coach says $82 Million and the other says 82,000...which are you going to be impressed with. only to find out the first coach was working with IBM and the other a local computer dealer. Same coach, same industry, same methods..different environment.

Also, the goal may have been different than a specific monetary number. Often times what people gain from a coach is not tangible.

If it were basketball...asking the coach

1) how many baskets did you make last year
    2) how many baskets do the people you coach make?

what if they are coaching a guard...the number would be VERY SMALL...although that guard would have learned a LOT about how to defend better. You might even ask the center..and he might say, i didn't make many more baskets, but my accuracy on free throughs is up dramatically.

You are on the right track though...be sure to ask questions until you are comfortable. The best question is HAVE YOU DONE THIS???

GREAT COACHES

1) Will insist you set goals (so you know the coaching is effective)
    2) Record sessions (so you can refer back later)
    3) Offer a Trial/Money Back Guarantee (to assure you they work)

Thanks for your insightful and awesome reply

BusinessCoach, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  9. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    LOL - anyone got an umbrella and raincoat??

I think I feel Dan coming by ;)

BusinessCoach, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  10. MickeyFinn

MickeyFinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Who is Bill Gate's coach? Who is Donald Trump's coach? Where do they say they recommend one?

See, I'm a realist and maybe a tad cynical. You posted an article under the guise of being helpful when the whole purpose of it is to garner new business prospects. There is nothing wrong with that but hey, when the cigar is a cigar, lets just call it a cigar.

You got really defensive and handy me quite a few insults which shows immaturity and insecurity with a good measure of condescension to make you feel good. I'm a student of human nature and it is not and was not my intention to cause you distress. I just saw a cigar and I felt the need to point out that it was just a cigar.

No, I don't need a coach and I believe most people don't. But I could meet someone who inspired me and would willingly be coached if I felt the need. For me everyone I meet is my coach for I pay close attention how I interact with others and listen carefully to what is going on around me acting on the will of the universe as it manifests around me.

Just because you say 90% of people will not do it does not make a point. In fact 99.99% of people will not get a coach or even consider it. I don't consider myself at the "bottom" but the condescending "congratulations" you combined with that "bottom" allows one to read you like a book as you reaffirmed a shaky belief to yourself while putting someone down to make yourself feel good.

Interactions. Observations.

So when we get down to it, who actually needs the coach here? No, I'm not a millionaire and I do not desire to be. I seek happiness and freedom above all and a positive outlook on life at all times. I genuinely seek to enrich the lives of the people I come into contact with and experience life with excitement and anticipation. I am not like this because I have succeeded in life. I have succeeded because I am like this as the universe moves to sustain my happiness each and every day. I hope some of this resonates with you as it is not my desire to cause friction.

Attitude determines Altitude. That's a damn good saying and now I feel like I am taking away something positive from this interaction so I thank you for that, I shall remember it and use it. I hope you get a chance to re-read your response to me and check in on that attitude too.

And finally:

I am living the dream. But it's my dream. Beautiful wife of 12 years, 3 amazing kids, large house I built myself, work from home business with a nice 6 figure income and international travel and a business partner that is a childhood friend. Life really doesn't get much better. And I did it without a coach. Just takes knowing exactly what you want out of life and taking it. Problem is most people actually don't know what they want. Like "I want to be rich" will never cut it. How about "I want a Lamboughini Gallardo", work towards that specific goal and you will become rich. It's a certain mindset, I guess and I know that if I wanted a Lambo by Xmas I could get it easily but I'm a realist and what's the point. I'd rather have a beachfront property in the Bahamas and a townhouse in Melbourne, Australia so I'm doing that instead. Practical. :)

And balance was restored.

MickeyFinn, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  11. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:

Not defensive...just correcting your false statement, you are the one who seems defensive. Usually people with no education encourage others they do not need one to succeed. Yes successful people encourage people to get educated.

Bill Gates coach: Warren Buffet

Donald Trumps Coach: His Dad, George Ross

any other silly questions?

You see it is common knowledge the most successful people on the planet all have coaches/mentors. Your posts show you have little common sense and are so full of yourself you have no clue what goes on in the rest of the world.

Matter of fact the MORE successful a person, the more likely they are to hire a coach. Many do not realize the value of having a coach/mentor until after they are successful for the first time in life, and meet other highly successful people who encourage them to get a coach.

Oprah didn't START with a coach, but met Dr Phil and...well you know the story.

Sadly, you asked a simple question, with impure motives. You put it out there as if it would "stump" me. You just show how ignorant you are, as Bill Gates and Donald Trump are BIG ADVOCATES of coaches and mentors and speak of them often.

The point is you came on a thread which was designed (and judging by the many thanks, has accomplished the goal to) help others in guiding them towards success.

You took it as an opportunity to attack the thread, me personally and the profession as a whole. All based on ignorance. As we see of you now for a second time.

Your lack of success frustrates you, so when you see something that is positive and can help others, you try to throw confusion in to prevent others from achieving greatness. You are a success-sapper. You hate those who achieve success or those who attempt it.

I wanted it to be made clear to those reading that YOU are partf a minority of sad individuals who have nothing better to do but try to take something good, and figure a way to make it bad. People like you should be discredited and then ignored.

YOU THINK you were doing something noble, when in fact you were doing something destructive. You get no respect for that.

It is clear you THINK you know everything (which is why you don't need a coach/mentor) - that only makes you a proud yet silly man. There is ALWAYS more to learn and always someone who can show you.

Coaches are not all about being a millionaire...life coaches, personal coaches etc, we deal with DESTINY. Something you clearly are clueless about. The things you are "accusing" me of, are the very things you came on this thread to do. Don't get upset because you can dish it but not take it.

SO you want to stay poor...good for you...thats not most of the people on this forum. Take your complaints to one of the niche forums where all the "cool" people who boycott starbucks all day are.

You contradict yourself.

You make 6 figures -- so you don't want to make 7? you mean you stop short there? come on...seriously? You have kids but don't want to leave an inheritence, prepay for college etc...that takes millions in the long term. Its called estate planning...but I am sure you don't bother with financial planners...too much like coaches or mentors!

":problem is most people actually don't know what they want." --- funny...isn't that what a coach helps a person do first and foremost? to quantify goals?

What is step number 1 in this article????

You just proved you didnt even read (or could not comprehend) the article. Otherwise you would see how you VALIDATED THE NEED FOR HELP.

You are so "smart", but you couldn't see that? wow. You are right you don't need a coach, you need an elementary school teacher so you can begin to see the BASICS. THEN you can get a coach.

You are not a realist...you are a pessimist and pretty jealous. You must have googled me, because I didn't post my accomplishments here...notice I am not trying to impress anyone. BUT you feel the need to mention houses and cars and international this and that...blah blah blah stuff I accomplished in my early 20s. who cares. No one talked about that stuff, and your excitement to "end" with that makes it suspect you have any of that stuff outside of a poster on your wall.

I don't mention being a millionaire, I don't mention houses and cars...that is your SMALL Mentality...a contradiction to you're earlier point. No one got that from the article...BUT YOU! Mentality...small minds see even the greatest of things as insignificant and turn noble things into pettiness.

This article instructs people about achieving success in business (at whatever level they choose) - starting with defining their goals in DETAIL with a plan. This is not the ONLY article to do so either.

You are foolish...and at some point, with 3 kids, sir, I hope you grow up and get your head out of your own A#$

To say "

I want a lambo in a year"

IS STILL unless you have a "realistic" plan to get it.

Working the fries at mcdonalds you will keep on wishing with that "dream" without a plan on how to supplement your income or raise quickly in the ranks.

The person taking your advice will end up frustrated.

I however, have given a step-by-step blueprint on how to do it. One that is proven to work.

Your ENTIRE purpose for getting on this thread was to somehow try to make yourself feel like more than you are.

What if I go to your threads where you try to help people and..wait...you don't have any of those.

You make 6 figures and live in your own world.

You talk all this higher purpose as if you are enlightened....only to say you work at home.

SO who re you helping besides yourself?

Why are you not creating jobs? How come you are not mentoring/coaching others?

WHy? because you are self absorbed.

Accuse me of what you want, but my actions speak louder than any of your whiny words.

Your intent for saying what you have said was nothing but to cause friction - then you backpeddled and lied as if no one can see YOUR motive.

Well you succeeded, you made some friction and now we hopefully have oiled you off the thread. If you don't wan't friction - prove me wrong stay silent. Otherwise...continue to try to turn a good thing into something bad.

I think you can't help yourself.

Seriously, by all means, keep sharing your ignorant opinions about how little you know about life, success, business and coaching so you can show yourself to be an even bigger fool then you have already revealed.

And the truth was made clearly visible.

BusinessCoach, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  12. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    oh yah - one more of your blatently foolish statements

I said 90% of people who READ this article will not do it. I stand by that... 9 out of 10 will read this article and NOT do all 4 steps...you are in that 90% because you refuse to hire a coach/get a mentor. In addition you are one of the people who had to scoff and make a point of complaining about 1 of the 4

The "odds" were RIGHT! You became a case study...one of the many who find this subject "CONTROVERSIAL"...as I said it would be!

Notice I did not solicit anyone inthe article?

So they are free to get ANY coach/mentor from anywhere....or do i somehow get a commission from every coach in the world?

You took what I said about reading and made up something totally different saying that 99.9% of people wont get a coach or consider it.

You say 99.9% of people won't even consider it???? You REALLY think others are as foolish as you?

Most people in the world think the OPPOSITE of you...at least the successful people.

40% of the fortune 500 use coaches on the CEO level.

99.9% of them use specialty coaches in some department or other.

So you are wrong there.

Thats just the top 500 businesses in the USA

that does not count the many small businesses that do.

Now imagine how many sports athletes
    how many university students
    how many Health Club/Gym members

I mean, right now the world is watching the olympics...I see lots of coaches there! and I bet each of those athletes have used all 4 of my points!

We don't even have to know the actual numbers - to know its more than .01% of people not only CONSIDERING coaches, but ACTUALLY USING THEM!

So you are WAAAYYYY off, just with a little common sense.

Can you really be THAT ignorant?

I guess so.

just about everything you stated was incorrect...

well as the kids says today:

You FAIL

BusinessCoach, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  13. MickeyFinn

MickeyFinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not going to even read the post after the first few lines and after the first few set of insults and attacks.

It all comes back to your Attitude Determines Altitude. See, you criticised me and my attitude for encouraging people that they can achieve what they want by themselves.

You are the one that should be discredited and ignored. You posted an article with the goal of driving more business your way and as soon as someone challenges your motives you spew forth this huge defensive tirade with insults in every sentence.

I can just tell by your demeanour and your attitude that are not successful. I have not attacked you yet you continue to attack me, calling me a fool and uneducated a liar and so forth and so forth. I think you are just continuing to prove that you have no business being a coach because the negativity emanating from you is over-powering.

I have remained courteous, polite and professional in the face of this tirade.

As people can see, my work here is done. If you need to choose a coach then choose wisely as there are many unqualified individuals as can be seen from this thread. ;)

MickeyFinn, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  14. MickeyFinn

MickeyFinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quotes from an enlightened individual.

Finally:

I employ 20 people and have 5,000 clients that are provided a real service. But yes, okay, I'm very frustrated with my lack of success and very jealous of your email list marketing and e-book download. See, I have had and continue to have online success. I don't just just talk the talk. Have you had online success or do you just teach it? All I said that was that to have online success you need "belief in yourself and your product and the determination to succeed" and you went off the hook, my man. Because that is what did it for me and I firmly believe that everyone has this in them. Did I ever say I was happy to stay at 6 figures? I'm happy to be there now, sure. But I don't care about 7 figures. I care about the bi-product of my work which is freedom. If money allows me that then fine. But this thread isn't about me, it's about you and how you motivate people with positive attitude, cheery disposition and enlightening conversation. Good luck with that. I'm sure people are lining up at your door.

For me, I feel like I have waded into a pit of negative energy and it's going to take a few hours to recompose and reconnect. I wish I had never posted about how people, with the right positive mindset, can achieve success and greatness on their own. This is obviously an outrageous concept and should be stamped out, and books burned at the very mention of it. Anyone that speaks such things will also be burned - at the stake. Every person should have a mentor, and their mentor must have a mentor. Because no-one has a clue, about anything.

Lastly, I don't find your thread controversial. It's just like any other ex used-car salesman cum internet marketing newsletter signup info product download prey on the weak minded whatever I say is the divine truth drivel.

Damn, that cigar.

MickeyFinn, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  15. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    riiiightt... shall we believe you suddenly???

NO!

so lets see...you didnt read but you chose to make comments on what you didnt read? (that makes you ignorant)

Then you post quotes and respond to what you didn't read? (that makes you a liar)

I could copy and paste from your FIRST thread showing how you did all he things you are accusing me of (but why waste my time)

To further show you KNOW YOU ARE IN THE WRONG

You write me this PM

Ok so

1) you know its MY THREAD and you had no businesscoming onto it with your insults

2) You admit you are an idiot that cannot control yourself by coming on my thread and continue to thread jack it

3) You realize you show yourself to be a fool in doing so.

4) You regret doing it, but will not apologize or even stop

5) You claim to have learned a lesson (but you alredy were supposed to be so high and mighty ) yet you won't stop

sorry but a "private" apology and attempt to wipe the slate clean is not gonna cut it. You were in the wrong and still are.

Good luck with your 20 employees (working out of your home) - I wont believe you unless you post a 941 (google it as I am sure you never heard of it)

The lesson from all this...the idiots who think coaches are a scam....are miserable and say stupid things like "who is donald trump and bill gates coach?" SMH

All four points work folks, and those that doubt it are people who think anyone CARES that they lie about what they do

But here is the good part....I have wasted too much time on a fool...but no more

I am putting you on IGNORE -- I won't see any more of your assinine posts or get anymore of your childish private messages (how shady of you - but to be expected - A REAL MAN would have apologized in public for his actions in public -- you should run to be a politician, looks like you are good at saying and doing two different things in public and private)

So I am sure you will still have some extra things to say that show you to be even more ignorant than we can imagine.

I hope people start to give you RED REPUTATION for THREAD JACKING -- especially doing it on a thread that has helped so many on DP for SEVERAL YEAR NOW!

Bottom line you have proven yourself to be both an ignorant fool who is clueless about business and a liar on top of it all!

BusinessCoach, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  16. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    As I was setting the ignore I saw the comments on your profile

You seem to be a scammer

I really HOPE others give you so much RED REPUTATION you have to leave the boad

so you have 5000 clients? and 20 emploees but you had a few weeks off? and no one could reach you? hmmmm....what were your "employees" doing?

scammers and liars...have no place on DP

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=252346

17. MickeyFinn

MickeyFinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    My activities on this board had and have no bearing on my business. Why would my employees care about what I was doing on DigitalPoint? If you had an iota of sense you would work out what my company is. I've had enough of your rants, slurs and personal attacks and I will now just reply with the same.

You are the one that deserves bad reputation but I bet you PM all your buddies to negative rep me because I can see that you are a bitter little man who has no place coaching anyone. Your comments and actions are INCREDIBLE. I reached out to you personally to resolve a dispute and you actually posted a private message in this thread. A PRIVATE MESSAGE!

You talk about life coaching, you sicken me. At least people can now see that you are just a charlatan that speaks a lot of words but whose actions are consistently cruel. A very small mind at work for sure.

You continue to call me a liar and an ignorant fool.

Who exactly do you think you are?

I'll tell you. A nobody list making internet marketer selling info products no-one wants. They are a dime a dozen. Talk about sleaze. The slime coming off your posts is choking.

AND ALL THIS BECAUSE I SAID YOU DON'T NEED A COACH!

Incredible to get such a backlash from such a small comment. Just shows the OP needs to grow considerably both spiritually and as a human being before he can even begin to think about qualifying as a business coach.

But yea, good luck with that internet marketing list building $7 info product download. You are a GIANT in the business world. I hope you enjoy being mid 40s, single, bald and maybe 5' 2.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
    MickeyFinn, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  18. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    Thanks...anyone who bothers to read it as you have will see that it is meant to help.

Hunting for and selecting a coach, or finding a mentor can be a daunting task.

Maybe you can find a friend who will help you stick to the points? Maybe a more seasoned entreneur in your area?

Try networking Groups like BNI or a chamber of commerce

you can meet other business owners you might be able to "partner" with or befriend and hold each other accountable

Dont Give up...

19. BusinessCoach

Best Answers:
    Ahhh...peace and freedom from fools!:cool:

[​IMG]

now let's see if he CONTINUES to talk to himself.
    :confused:

20. MickeyFinn

MickeyFinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm bowing out this thread now. Good luck with your businesses and I apologise for causing any distress.

MickeyFinn, Mar 7, 2010 IP